Sign in to follow this  
MikeyMouseWatch

Question about the Date Just

MikeyMouseWatch

I've noticed that so many Rolex Reps have a DAY dial at the top on the Date Just models. However, when I've looked at real versions, they only have a DATE dial which shows in the 3 o'clock position.

I'm curious, does this mean Rolex did have an extra DAY dial at 12' in a few limited editions, or do Reps just add this in so much of the time because they feel it looks better?

Ska

Those would be the rolex Day-Date models. The Datejust is a different model entirely.

Here's a few gen pics:

Datejust:

rolex-datejust-116234-jubilee-bracelet-714-p.jpg

rolex-datejust-116200-708-p.jpg

Day-Date:

118239.jpg

118206-_4172-011.jpg

MikeyMouseWatch

Thanks Ska, looks like that cheap Rolex rep that was given to me was even cheaper than I thought.

The dial states quite clearly DATE JUST. However, it does have the DAY-of-WEEK dial in the 12' position.

I guess the companies got sloppy and put the wrong dial printing down. Probably came from China... :thumbsup2:

Member X

Check out the rolex website for downloadable brochures on all the models :thumbsup2:

MikeyMouseWatch

I had checked that already, and it was partially why I was so confused on this Date Just.

The interesting thing about my fugazi, is it actually had the proper band for a Date Just too.

Actually, the most interesting thing of all, was that not only is this DATE JUST not SUPPOSED to have a Day-of-Week dial, but that it actually works too! At least I remember it working back before this PoS fell apart on me, lol.