Well....

I don't want to spoil it.

onzenuub

Define "good time". :giggle:

Well....

I don't want to spoil it.

Blow jobs involved?

yllekp

Oh, did I mention we are also in the tail of a major cyclone and have had 400mm of rain dumped in under 24 hours? Barely made it home, won't get out of here again for a least a day or two.

Stay safe out there. It rains constantly over here but we never really get extremes like that.

HAZZA

Oh, did I mention we are also in the tail of a major cyclone and have had 400mm of rain dumped in under 24 hours? Barely made it home, won't get out of here again for a least a day or two.

2000K West of just about anywhere there is some hard yakka! Time to get out your stubbie holder fill, empty, repeat. ..

Stay safe mate'

ts0ts0s

aaaaah...miss my RWI,i m travelling and that was my relax-time lol

live1

What's happening guys.any one know why rwi is down again?

onzenuub

Just read the last pages of this thread and you wil know exactly.

live1

Just read the last pages of this thread and you wil know exactly.

Cheers bro

trailboss99

I've thrown up a TEMPORARY board for us to go gather for a while, it's at the normal address. We're still working on long-term solutions, with quite a few of us exhausted and not quite 100%... but we will get RWI back up and we're going to plan it properly to make sure we have a solid base for years to come. :)

Since it's a temporary solution, I haven't imported old user accounts, so you'll have to reregister.

If the issue is the server crapping out again, why don't you guys switch providers? I understand it's not as easy as it sounds, but isn't it unacceptable for a provider to not be providing the service you are paying for and it's happened more than once?

Already in the works, a whole host of shiny new servers with a new provider have been acquired.

The temp site is just that, temporary so nothing there is permanent, it will be junked.

Retina

I've thrown up a TEMPORARY board for us to go gather for a while, it's at the normal address. We're still working on long-term solutions, with quite a few of us exhausted and not quite 100%... but we will get RWI back up and we're going to plan it properly to make sure we have a solid base for years to come. :)

Since it's a temporary solution, I haven't imported old user accounts, so you'll have to reregister.

If the issue is the server crapping out again, why don't you guys switch providers? I understand it's not as easy as it sounds, but isn't it unacceptable for a provider to not be providing the service you are paying for and it's happened more than once?

Already in the works, a whole host of shiny new servers with a new provider have been acquired.

The temp site is just that, temporary so nothing there is permanent, it will be junked.

oh wow, can't wait! i can't say that the loading speed for the old site was slow in anyway though, would be awesome if its faster though!

Raddave

some of us even signed the liquid nitrogen cooling system , before it goes online

alhaJZ1.jpg

trailboss99

This will be a bit longer than anticipated due to the need to reset all forum permissions by hand. This is several hours work (well, more than several more like crap loads) for atgm so best guess at this stage is sometime on Sunday. Whoever wrote the permissions set module for XF should be taken out and shot, its a bloody nightmare. Everything else is pretty much done bar some tidying up.

wolfwood

Yeah, I know how atgm feels. I have to do that at work! :help3:

trailboss99

Still aiming for the next day or two. There have been a few roadblocks we could have "driven" around but they would have only come back to haunt us later. As I said, its not going back up until its perfect!

PS: In a primitive form it does exist; I have seen it and can assure NOTHING has been lost. The hold up is making sure everything runs smoothly from the start. This I asked for, I (and the others) told atgm to take his time and make sure all is good before bringing it on line and we make no apologies for the resulting delay.

MetalMickey

Glad to hear it.

yesgary

Fantastic work TB- good thoughts your way! :D

Vorenus

Cant wait! You dont realize how much you miss RWI untill its gone : )

All who work hard to make our forum back online we salute you!

Cheers guys!

// Vorenus

rafebor

can't wait!

p.s. and keep it up!

trailboss99

Guys atgm is having to reset many 1000s of permission sets, by hand . . .

Thus the hold up but I'm told things are now about to live for staff so they can check that all is good.

gb7007

Thank you trailboss, this is good news

omegex

Well done the RWI support team - I look forward to being able to visit the site again.

poiuy

Went on the site after being away for a day or so, and was deceived as the font colour etc had changed, so i thought the site is back online again - i was wrong though :(

Good work to all those involved trying to get things up and running again :)

JackJ1980

and were back :) Thanks RWG!