Sign in to follow this  
mercedesbenz

Wearing your Gens and Reps

Panfan969

90% of the time a rep is my go-to piece. I do still appreciate my gens under the right circumstance but its usually a formal event or something pretty special.

Paparolf

Depends on my mood and where I may be going. Do like wearing my Gen DSSD though, however, nice to rotate different watches for different occasions.

shinynewbling52

This is a torment I face every day. I have my gens which I love but since discovering reps I wear them more and all my gens sit unworn. My plan is to eventually "use up" the reps and return to the gens.....probably because I feel guilty for blowing the cash......but...you can't beat the variety, price and quality of the reps for that price.

Walesy

I tend to wear my Gen's more now that I am mostly office based, I have reps for being out on site etc. its something I can wear that looks nice under the cuff but it can get damaged in my line of work so it doesn't bother me, and its me that matters, not for others.

I have to agree with most on here, I have a more Gen's than reps now (Bulova - Tissot - Oris - TAG - Breitling) but the reps I do have are so close, I cant justify the gen price tag and come in to my rotation regular dependant on what activity I am up to, i.e. Noob Omega PO's...just fantastic and one of my favourites. I did go to buy the gen PO, took my rep off just before I got in to the Glasgow store...left without it as it felt just a 'wee bit heavier' than the rep, that was it imo and didn't feel special enough to part with the cash...so as said by others, if something were to happen to it, I would just replace it with another rep rather than cry with a huge bill from swatch.

Nights out, i tend to wear reps also, PO, Panerai, UN for the exact same reason above. Get pissed, fall down...scratch/break watch, kebab and home...then look at the wrist the next day and think 'oh fuck' rather than 'that's me skint again for a repair'

purger72

Like few on here I wear both. Depends on the day. Mostly I swap 2 watches a day and another two reps in the winder.

When at the back with kids in swimming pool wear only quarz Citizen promaster from 1990's.

Another gen I wear every day is Raymond Weil Moonphase.

Reps in rotation are Patek Moonphase, Longines Moonphase, Breguet chronograph, real lover off gullioche dial with blue hands. Other reps are Rolex day/date and Yachtmaster. On some wierd occasion Omega PO and Breitling Navitimer 01.

I treat reps as gens in any way.

If reps where water proof 100% I would wear reps only as quality is fantastic.

I dont care about how close in the looks or weight preticular rep is to gen. All I care if is quality build.

Must admit Im very impressed with every rep I purchased so far specifically high end priced from 250 to 350.

Just in general gens are way way overpriced for what they are.