Stewart

Conspiracy theory - what's happened to RWI

JohnG
I haven´t read the whole thread, has anyone mentioned other forums? Because this reeks of Homage Forum. They took down Wristcheck.com and Fakey´s site too, so I would be looking hard at them.

Of course, they couldn´t have done it without help from the Spartans. At least, that´s what Breitbart news is saying.

:popcorn:

Cann't you fucking read fucker? http://www.rwg.bz/bo...l=&fromsearch=1

You are saying WE hacked them to steal their grand total of 1,000 members? A bit extreme for such a tiny reward, no?

No.

then what, bathroom dweller?

onzenuub
I haven´t read the whole thread, has anyone mentioned other forums? Because this reeks of Homage Forum. They took down Wristcheck.com and Fakey´s site too, so I would be looking hard at them.

Of course, they couldn´t have done it without help from the Spartans. At least, that´s what Breitbart news is saying.

You are saying WE hacked them to steal their grand total of 1,000 members? A bit extreme for such a tiny reward, no?

No.

It was a setup from Greg, Dave, Fakemaster and SSteel. They want full power in rep world.

JohnG

No.

It was a setup from Greg, Dave, Fakemaster and SSteel. They want full power in rep world.

Full power is like power max?

onzenuub

No.

Power max +

JohnG

No.

Power max +

That´s a lot

onzenuub

No.

Power max +

That´s a lot

Even more.

JohnG

No.

Power max +

That´s a lot

Even more.

It´s like Trump Max

Raddave

^^^^ thats alot of quotes , LOL

greg_r

No.

Power max +

That´s a lot

Even more.

It´s like Trump Max

Too much :giggle:

You ain't seen nothin' yet - wait until they really get started... ;)

Raddave

No.

Power max +

That´s a lot

Even more.

It´s like Trump Max

ill need to get some extra gigabitery of ram to keep up with that

BadPickle

No.

Power max +

That´s a lot

Even more.

It´s like Trump Max

Onze is the quotemastaaaaa

Raddave

So guys, what really happened ............Marvin and that dang plutonium powder he seems to like so much...it started a chain reaction...aliens detected the the thremonuclear heat siggy , and they shut us down , they prefer to be on the down low ......

chronomate

No one has Archieluxury on the bill? :rofl:

Realism
I kinda believe it! Based on an article i read on hodinkee, the swiss watch industry is suffering right now! Actually they say its the worst they have ever suffered since 84!

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/bloomberg-2016-worst-year-since-1984-swiss-watch-industry

True, but the Rolex sold a record 700,000 this year. That said gens are way over priced for the demand.

The super high ends are still doing fine... its the mid end like B&M... jewellery brands like Cartier that are really struggling big time...

onzenuub

No.

Power max +

That´s a lot

Even more.

It´s like Trump Max

Says who?

Realism

No.

Power max +

That´s a lot

Even more.

It´s like Trump Max

Says who?

Queen Beatrix

NMA

There are some stupid programs widely available on internet, sends 10000s of email messages non stop till system fails, even continues after website reinstated, easy peasy, anyone can do

trailboss99

There are some stupid programs widely available on internet, sends 10000s of email messages non stop till system fails, even continues after website reinstated, easy peasy, anyone can do

Ah yeah but that's nothing like what happened.

NMA

thread called conspiracy theory...

TimePeace
I can't wait for the day when you realized you fucked up...

Merry Xmas

Fucked up...who?

And merry Christmas to you too!

paristoto

Merry Xmas

Fucked up...who?

There are millions of forums and just one is broken. Accountability should be #1 step before looking for conspiracy theories.

RWI should have had a security onion to protect there website or system. That means having fall backs. You don't rely on just one solution to a problem. Having server side protections or even other security plugins on top of keeping software updated will stop 99% of attacks in there tracks.Then you have passive security, DB backups, mirroring, having your forum running on a set of dynamic IPs with hack proof DNS (google for example), etc.

The thing that annoys me about security more than anything is that people downplay it, and make it seem simple when it really isn't.

So yes, someone fucked up but still isn't acknowledging it.

If you send a watch wrapped with toilet paper in a white envelop, it will arrive broken. You can't blame USPS for it. Same logic applies here.

Clinical Trial

My understanding of how the replica boards work.

• Trusted dealers- don't pay to be on the boards but may reap thousands to tens of thousands in commerce each year by being a trusted dealer. It would be naive to think they are Sunday school teachers dabbling on the side so it is not unreasonable to assume that some are involved in other dubious activity. Any hack could be an attack on the dealers themself from a number of different angles.
  • Staff- owners and moderators don't make a dime from the boards. The honor of status is really the honor of serving. Any attack is an inconvenience to the board but is is just extra free work for the staff to fix the board for the benefit of the dealers and the community. The boards stay alive by the membership fees of VIPS which fund hosting fees plus competition prizes.
  • Members- all sorts are members. Some are stalwarts, some are gulaged and some are banned. The diversity of members shows it is possible that a pissed off member could attack the board.
  • Product- the board deal with knock off / fake / conterfeit watches. There is minimal chance that these replicas really harm AD's profit margins. The boards have been around for ages so they are well known to Swiss manufacturers. It is unlikely a swiss watch maker would go out of their way to take the boards down.

Most likely scenario? An ex member with a grudge or an adversary of a TD took down the board.

Maybe I'm wrong but that is my 2 cents.

trailboss99

Merry Xmas

Fucked up...who?

Don't mind the brig inmate, he's just grinding our gears.