Stewart

Conspiracy theory - what's happened to RWI

elp
I can't wait for the day when you realized you fucked up...

Merry Xmas

Fucked up...who?

And merry Christmas to you too!

There are millions of forums and just one is broken. Accountability should be #1 step before looking for conspiracy theories.

RWI should have had a security onion to protect there website or system. That means having fall backs. You don't rely on just one solution to a problem. Having server side protections or even other security plugins on top of keeping software updated will stop 99% of attacks in there tracks.Then you have passive security, DB backups, mirroring, having your forum running on a set of dynamic IPs with hack proof DNS (google for example), etc.

The thing that annoys me about security more than anything is that people downplay it, and make it seem simple when it really isn't.

So yes, someone fucked up but still isn't acknowledging it.

If you send a watch wrapped with toilet paper in a white envelop, it will arrive broken. You can't blame USPS for it. Same logic applies here.

What the fuck is the value of your diatribe in the context of what happened? Are you a security consultant touting for business? Maybe you know something more about what happened ....

:conpiracytheorypopcorn:

black263

Merry Xmas

Fucked up...who?

There are millions of forums and just one is broken. Accountability should be #1 step before looking for conspiracy theories.

RWI should have had a security onion to protect there website or system. That means having fall backs. You don't rely on just one solution to a problem. Having server side protections or even other security plugins on top of keeping software updated will stop 99% of attacks in there tracks.Then you have passive security, DB backups, mirroring, having your forum running on a set of dynamic IPs with hack proof DNS (google for example), etc.

The thing that annoys me about security more than anything is that people downplay it, and make it seem simple when it really isn't.

If you send a watch wrapped with toilet paper in a white envelop, it will arrive broken. You can't blame USPS for it. Same logic applies here.

What the fuck is the value of your diatribe in the context of what happened? Are you a security consultant touting for business? Maybe you know something more about what happened ....

Or he could have initiated the attack, in the hope of being paid to fix it. There's a conspiracy theory for you.

Moldy780

I highly doubt it was a swiss watch company.

Probably just an old member who got mad or random person hacking just for the fun of it.

Daffy

Did you recently ban a guy with "Fluffy" as part of his name?

Oh, nevermind. Not sure he would have the requisite skill set to to do something this involved...

matty1938

In terms of fan boy....you should of heard this one go at me the other day lol! I wish we were having the convo in person, what a fuck yard he was! Crying over me selling a Franken which I had stated. Tried to say I was trying to palm of a fake on someone, yet when he asked me was the movement gen, I said no mate, if you can find a gen gmt for £1200 let me know where it is, the gen parts are listed. Christ his knickers were all over the place the sensitive little soul

RUSH2112

Spanish Inquisition

yllekp

Spanish Inquisition

2470f2.8ii

I found RWI through a guy on reddit posting some kind of "ultimate replica watch guide" - you can google it easy.

My guess is it brought a ton of traffic, and not all of it was good.

I've learned a ton here and just ordered my first rep from Trusty time :) playing the patient game now

paristoto

Merry Xmas

Fucked up...who?

Don't mind the brig inmate, he's just grinding our gears.

What's your problem TB? You didn't like me exposing the ongoing collision between some members and Dave?

I don't know what happened but I'm sure ain't sorry.

You took my VIP membership $$ and the next day brigged my account because I responded to a douchebag comment.

Use it to rebuild your servers. You'll need it.

Im sure you'll enjoy the brig for a few months mate.

paristoto

Merry Xmas

Fucked up...who?

Or he could have initiated the attack, in the hope of being paid to fix it. There's a conspiracy theory for you.

I actually would pay to keep it down. Satisfaction is priceless.

elp

Merry Xmas

Fucked up...who?

What's your problem TB? You didn't like me exposing the ongoing collision between some members and Dave?

You took my VIP membership $$ and the next day brigged my account because I responded to a douchebag comment.

I don't know you or what happened next door, nor do I care, but TB is co-Admin here and has earned our respect so TBH if he brigged you I'm inclined to think there was a fairly good reason ...

onzenuub

Merry Xmas

Fucked up...who?

I actually would pay to keep it down. Satisfaction is priceless.

Fuck off.

paristoto

Merry Xmas

Fucked up...who?

I don't know you or what happened next door, nor do I care, but TB is co-Admin here and has earned our respect so TBH if he brigged you I'm inclined to think there was a fairly good reason ...

That sounds really smart. I was brigged by Raddave. But hey, knock yourself off. It will be a great loss in my life.

Happy New Year new life.

elp

Merry Xmas

Fucked up...who?

That sounds really smart. I was brigged by Raddave. But hey, knock yourself off. It will be a great loss in my life.

Happy New Year new life.

So you spend your days venting your grievances about a replica watch forum on another replica watch forum .... sounds like it's you who needs a new life :lol:

onzenuub
:rofl::popcorn:

kennycoder

Thank god i arrived on time. I was looking for a senior security consultant and finally there is one.

Care to elaborate more mate?

paristoto

So you spend your days venting your grievances about a replica watch forum on another replica watch forum .... sounds like it's you who needs a new life :lol:

In fairness I don't know you either. Nothing against you. I'm just enjoying that all saga of RWI having such a high level of excellence and not knowing how to fucking run a forum.

As I said, taking accountability would be a nice first step. A lot of people supported the forum with $. TDs paid their fair share. And now it's obviously easier to blame the fucking moon landing rather they say "WE FUCKED UP". My beef wasn't with TB even-though I blame him for saying he will look into the matter and let it slide under the rug. I'd invite you to see TB PM to me during this ordeal and asking for patience as HE WILL TAKE ACTION. Action my a$$. Anyway, this was 2016. 2017 will be RWI free lol.

NMA

Nothing wrong with the security, It is "The Hamster" who responsible all that trouble.

onzenuub

In fairness I don't know you either. Nothing against you. I'm just enjoying that all saga of RWI having such a high level of excellence and not knowing how to fucking run a forum.

As I said, taking accountability would be a nice first step. A lot of people supported the forum with $. TDs paid their fair share. And now it's obviously easier to blame the fucking moon landing rather they say "WE FUCKED UP". My beef wasn't with TB even-though I blame him for saying he will look into the matter and let it slide under the rug. I'd invite you to see TB PM to me during this ordeal and asking for patience as HE WILL TAKE ACTION. Action my a$$. Anyway, this was 2016. 2017 will be RWI free lol.

Why are you here? Just fuck off so 2017 will be Parisfoto free lol.

NMA

Hamster did it so you people stop fighting and bullshitting

elp

Actually, the hamster was keeping the lights on ...

hamster_powered_computer_xsmall_510480-300x211.jpg

porschespeedster

i'm gonna blame Tapatalk

NMA
:D

greg_r

lolhamster.jpg

Happy2017

Noob SubC V8 must be close to being announced. Rolex decided to take a poop on our party.