andyboy

RWG Sales area whilst RWI is down

yllekp
9 hours ago, tripdog123 said:

Oh dear, an unhappy ending.

:D

Lol I am sure he will be welcomed back to RWI with open arms. Especially since he decided to have a go at Jason. 

He will be sadly missed. 

greg_r
10 hours ago, amptor said:

Lol with those name calling you might as well join the ranks of NCRich :D

Anyway I'm not going to stoop to that level.

NCRich you can go ahead and permban me on here if that is how you get your jollies :D I won't be coming back anyway.  Have fun hiding behind a keyboard, sir. heh.  I'm out.  Plus again, I'm not going to go ahead and spam a bunch of useless nonsense in order to sell watches.  I have other things to do.  I'm not into all this bickering and whatnot that you seem to be so fond of.  Bye!

It astounds me how badly some people behave on these forums. Banned (by me, not Rich)

hasel5

Yes some people are to idiots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luxuracer
34 minutes ago, greg_r said:

It astounds me how badly some people behave on these forums. Banned (by me, not Rich)

Trailboss just banned him over RWI ... Kakaka!

hasel5

Sounds like it was needed

davidmodic
On 26/12/2016 at 02:59, yllekp said:

Correct

Ahh, that explains why I cannot see anything in the sales area. My bad. 

oceanlvr01

May I ask what led to the "5 Post to buy " rule?   I am somewhat new to all of this. I am interested in picking up my first piece. Frankly, I do not feel that I know enough yet to all too much to the conversation. I get the feeling that the questions that I have are the ones that people seem to hate getting.

Glaude
20 hours ago, oceanlvr01 said:

May I ask what led to the "5 Post to buy " rule?   I am somewhat new to all of this. I am interested in picking up my first piece. Frankly, I do not feel that I know enough yet to all too much to the conversation. I get the feeling that the questions that I have are the ones that people seem to hate getting.

The 5 post rule is a sort of "filter" to prevent new user without any history (and thus potential scammers) from getting to it easily (they still can, but they get spotted way faster) and also to prevent new user that just want to leach a good deal without adding content to the community.

We don't require encyclopedic quality post, just no inane drivel clearly aimed at getting to 5 posts. To be honest, a simple introduction post can get you 5 post pretty easily in here if you interact with the members in it.

oceanlvr01
On 28/02/2020 at 17:38, Glaude said:

The 5 post rule is a sort of "filter" to prevent new user without any history (and thus potential scammers) from getting to it easily (they still can, but they get spotted way faster) and also to prevent new user that just want to leach a good deal without adding content to the community.

We don't require encyclopedic quality post, just no inane drivel clearly aimed at getting to 5 posts. To be honest, a simple introduction post can get you 5 post pretty easily in here if you interact with the members in it.

Thank you for clarifying. LOL  I guess that I psyched myself out a little. Before I read the many many posts regarding asking about the best rep....pretty sure I would have asked that question.  I get the feeling that most of the people here know a ton more than the average collector. I can't tell the difference in some of these pics between Gen and Rep...even when I am being told that there is one. I think that is probably one of my biggest questions.....am I just not getting how far off these reps are...via the pictures...or are they really so good today that it darn near takes a microscope and a handbook to figure it out?

onzenuub
16 minutes ago, oceanlvr01 said:

...am I just not getting how far off these reps are...via the pictures...or are they really so good today that it darn near takes a microscope and a handbook to figure it out?

Nope, it is still all shit.

Glaude
1 hour ago, oceanlvr01 said:

am I just not getting how far off these reps are...via the pictures...or are they really so good today that it darn near takes a microscope and a handbook to figure it out?

For some of them, yes indeed, you need a macro lens to see the differences and manufacturing mistakes, for some more complicated, it's more obvious.

Then there's also the fact that people here are scrutinizing the watches (gen or rep) way more than any gen collector. That also highlight that while there's an overall better quality and especially quality control in the gen world, it's not perfect either

• Like 2

tribefan
1 hour ago, oceanlvr01 said:

Thank you for clarifying. LOL  I guess that I psyched myself out a little. Before I read the many many posts regarding asking about the best rep....pretty sure I would have asked that question.  I get the feeling that most of the people here know a ton more than the average collector. I can't tell the difference in some of these pics between Gen and Rep...even when I am being told that there is one. I think that is probably one of my biggest questions.....am I just not getting how far off these reps are...via the pictures...or are they really so good today that it darn near takes a microscope and a handbook to figure it out?

I totally get what you are saying. You can stare at a picture for 30 minutes, people are telling you exactly what is wrong, and you just can't see it. But, and big but, once you do see it can't be unseen. This is why you will see countless comments telling noobs that are asking for whats the best blah blah blah that the answer depends on what is important to them.

• Like 1

Petesy1
On 23/12/2016 at 17:06, tepekei said:

Apparently I don't even have permission to read the rules, nevermind access m2m...

However if it takes 5 posts to peek inside, maybe this one will do it!

Same lol

jimmyd750

Of course I’m in the middle of buying a strap I’ve searched 5 years for!!!! Grrrrr but also thank you for providing a place to gather ! 

jimmyd750
On 23/12/2016 at 11:15, noahssracer said:

I was in the middle of a M2M when RWI went down. not sure how to get a hold of the seller now...UGHHH

Same issue I am having!!!! I tried messaging a mod and gave my email and phone just in case, otherwise I’m not sure what else to do. 

brokebuthappy

Just sit tight, They'll be back up and you can resume contact as normal :)

Petesy1
20 hours ago, jimmyd750 said:

Same issue I am having!!!! I tried messaging a mod and gave my email and phone just in case, otherwise I’m not sure what else to do. 

Same here!  No other form of contact other than RWI. Im buying

Petesy1

Ive made 5posts but still cant access the sales area? Can anyone help. Thanks

BravoDelta
6 minutes ago, Petesy1 said:

Ive made 5posts but still cant access the sales area? Can anyone help. Thanks

DetektivTudor
On 28/05/2020 at 03:48, jimmyd750 said:

Of course I’m in the middle of buying a strap I’ve searched 5 years for!!!! Grrrrr but also thank you for providing a place to gather ! 

Now you piqued my curiosity, what kind of elusive holy grail strap is that? 

Xartan
On 28/05/2020 at 04:05, jimmyd750 said:

You do realize what you quoted was posted four years ago, right? In any case RWI being down is not a permanent situation. Just relax and wait a bit. There is no reason to panic because of a temporary tech issue. 

jlpierce70

Are the two forums related? As in same "management"?

I see Trailboss seems to have an admin/active role on both, just wondered if they were sister sites?

FunnyStarSystem
7 minutes ago, jlpierce70 said:

Are the two forums related? As in same "management"?

I see Trailboss seems to have an admin/active role on both, just wondered if they were sister sites?

Cousins who like to make out when drunk and then end up in a naked brawl, basically.

daytona4me
29 minutes ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

Cousins who like to make out when drunk and then end up in a naked brawl, basically.

This!   basically!  A lot of drinking and nakedness. 

Also,  The forum is back up.  We have an issue with Google Chrome users getting an error message when posting.  Your post is actually made but the error is thrown.  We are diagnosing it.