Sign in to follow this  
JimboJames1972

Hello All, New UK Member

JimboJames1972

Hello All,

I'm new here, please be gentle.

As an introduction, a bit about myself and my interest in horology. I've always admired watches and clocks, right from the first Casio analogue that I was bought for my eighth birthday, through the Grandfather clocks and pocketwatches that my own Grandfather used to rebuild, to a few nice wristwatches that I wear today. I appreciate their aesthetics, their craftsmanship and engineering and they they make me feel when I wear them.

I only really started "collecting" about eight or nine months ago. Through various reasons (some good, some not so good) I came into a bit of money; not enough for a new car or house, but too much to risk gradually frittering it away on day-to-day bills and mindless treats. So, instead, I decided to invest in a few nice watches. All have been bought pre-owned simply because I felt that I could get better value that way. To date I own an Omega Seamaster 300m Midsize Professional, Speedmaster Reduced as well as a vintage Tudor and a few other daily wearers.

My problem is that I adore my Omegas. To me they are the perfect size, weight, balance of refinement, practicality and aesthetics. Unfortunately, I value them too much to use as everyday wearers because I know that if I ever damage them, or loose them, I will never be in a position to replace them.

So, I am after a replica of each. This way I can wear the replica everyday, and be proud to be seen with it, because I know I have the genuine articles at home. These will be reserved for"best" occasions only. My replicas I would like to be as true to the originals as possible, I'd rather shell out a bit more for a good quality replica and stick with it, that a cheap bit of tat...

Help and advice greatly appreciated!

J