Sign in to follow this  
teeskay

Re-aligning Counter hands in Chronograph (A7750)

teeskay

Hi guys, new to this forum.. everything looks great and I've been doing a lot of reading trying to take in all the information :unsure:

Sorry for my first post to be a question but I can't seem to find it anywhere... I've got an AP Don Ramon De La Cruz I bought recently and I noticed the minute counter hand (at 9'o'clock) is not exactly at the 12o'clock position. I took it to a local watch repair place whom told me this was impossible to repair.

I can send it back to the dealer, but I'm just wondering is this something which is easily fixable by a seasoned repair shop, ie. someone whom is familiar with high-end mechanical watches?

Thanks and look forward to reading more and contributing to the forum :)

nuker
Hi guys, new to this forum.. everything looks great and I've been doing a lot of reading trying to take in all the information :unsure:

Sorry for my first post to be a question but I can't seem to find it anywhere... I've got an AP Don Ramon De La Cruz I bought recently and I noticed the minute counter hand (at 9'o'clock) is not exactly at the 12o'clock position. I took it to a local watch repair place whom told me this was impossible to repair.

I can send it back to the dealer, but I'm just wondering is this something which is easily fixable by a seasoned repair shop, ie. someone whom is familiar with high-end mechanical watches?

Does your watches have quartz movement?

teeskay

Sorry, I didn't mention it it has a Asian 7750 Seconds @ 12o'clock movement.

Hi guys, new to this forum.. everything looks great and I've been doing a lot of reading trying to take in all the information :)

Does your watches have quartz movement?

wizawuza

the shop you took it to is either stupid or they saw you had a fake and didn't want to deal with it.

any shop should be able to do it.. it's simply removing the hand, and then replacing it at the correct position. You need to have a steady hand and the proper tools, but it is definitely doable.

KBH

I think they were wise not to touch a seconds at 12 movement. If it's still ticks I'd leave it alone or send it back to the dealer if it really bothers you.

Unfortunately it will probably die soon enough anyway. Especially if you use the chrono functions.