Playing with my camera

Tristan123

Hi Guys been playing with my new Macro lens!!!!! what do you think

078.jpg

088.jpg

089.jpg

090.jpg

need to clean the watch before i take any more of the Panerai

the pics get better from now on as i found it better taking pics in A -DEP and manual focus

092.jpg

094.jpg

095.jpg

096.jpg

097.jpg

099.jpg

098.jpg

Camera is an EOS 350 by the way

thanks for looking guys

powderfreak

Nice pics! The Tag looks good... never realized that before xD

pollux1

A good little trick is to take the pic with a standard lens and zoom in with your photo software, usually you can get close with a big drop in image quality and you don't have to worry about the difficult focusing on a macro lenses.

Tristan123
A good little trick is to take the pic with a standard lens and zoom in with your photo software, usually you can get close with a big drop in image quality and you don't have to worry about the difficult focusing on a macro lenses.

bet these pics would go really close then, as they are all optical , with no photo editing!!!!!!

KBH

I think the trick here is to crop out the out of focus area and enlarge the center area.

Del

Not a bad effort :thumbsup2:. Some of the shots seem hazy or cloudy - perhaps from a light source?

Tristan123
Not a bad effort :thumbsup2:. Some of the shots seem hazy or cloudy - perhaps from a light source?

not bad for a first effort!!!!!! yes the haziness if from wrong lighting,, may have to get a light tent next

Cynikal.Mindset

are you using an actual macro lens or one of those cheap screw on adapters?

Balad1

Are you using a tripod or holding the camera by hand?

Tristan123
Are you using a tripod or holding the camera by hand?

yep its a screw on lens adaptor set and a gorilla flexible tripod thing

good pics for the kit used i think

for a first go

Cynikal.Mindset

those screw on kits are rubbish and thats why you have all that haze. They throw the optics off and then you get light straying all over the place. They do the job by letting you get closeups and all but the quality will always be mediocre. You are better off getting an adapter to mount your lens backwards on the body of your camera.

pollux1

Use a 50mm and crop via software, that should give you noticeably better results. :toilet:

Takken

Very nice camerashots of the Tag Heuer.

May I ask where you bought the Carrera watch from?

Best regards

wizawuza

using a 2 second timer, down your aperature like crazy (to keep more in focus), and make sure the thing (camera or watch) doesn't move the whole time.

also:

"those screw on kits are rubbish and thats why you have all that haze"

I agree with that statement completely.. also what I'd add is his suggestion for an adapter to mount the lens backwards is good, but it won't work for anything moving, as it limits the focus range like crazy and has no autofocus.. but for inanimate objects like watches, it can work well

GC

The most important aspect of a good shot is lighting... now that you know how close your camera can focus you need to play around with lighting. Practice and patience will pay off, i promise! Some really nice pics, i especially like this one...

098.jpg

Tristan123
using a 2 second timer, down your aperature like crazy (to keep more in focus), and make sure the thing (camera or watch) doesn't move the whole time.

also:

"those screw on kits are rubbish and thats why you have all that haze"

I agree with that statement completely.. also what I'd add is his suggestion for an adapter to mount the lens backwards is good, but it won't work for anything moving, as it limits the focus range like crazy and has no autofocus.. but for inanimate objects like watches, it can work well

i agree an adaptor would give better results, but i feel some of the pics turned out far better than i ever expected,, and thanks for all the feedback

i got the watch from Lawrence at this link

http://www.houseofsouvenirs.com

but his pics arent as good as mine lol.... :toilet::rofl: :P

Thanks GC i really like that pic too, you got my mind going on this subject, with your great shots..

Edited by Tristan123

gianton

Nice shots!

GC

just thought you might like to see how much potential this pic really had... a few tweaks and it's a STUNNING photo!

098.jpg

Aren

Nice photos.

I find photographing everything a challenge, but Stainless Steel is difficult.

I agree with KB that the out of focus parts could be eliminated and the

nicely focused parts enlarged.

I don't know how to take photos, but I think that would enhance what I am looking at...

Thanks for sharing.

Wear it in good health.

;)

Tristan123

just thought you might like to see how much potential this pic really had... a few tweaks and it's a STUNNING photo!

Thanks GC really nice to see i got some part of it nearly right

certainly get me working at my pics a little more

may even buy a real macro lens if i can afford it

wizawuza
may even buy a real macro lens if i can afford it

you and me both

Baldrick

As others have advised above, screw-on 'macro lens' kits are shit, you're much better to use a good quality lens and shoot RAW images at your cameras highest resolution setting and then crop to show the areas you want to, that way you can have complete control over reflections and DOF, if your real interest is in doing high magnification macro shots, then as already stated, buy an adapter that will reverse your lens and offer much better resolving power, you will lose all auto functions, but that won't matter as your watch will be a static item and you can take your time to perfect focus and lighting, with digital you can shoot lots of trial shots FREE and bin those that don't appeal, proprietary branded AND generic true macro lens are hugely expensive, usually way more so than the actual camera body, and unless you're carrying out commercial work not a worthwhile investment, the returns you get will rarely cover the costs involved.

ADDENDUM:

If you have access to a monocular microscope, you can get an adapter and use the microscope.

Happy trails :flu:

ATTENTION wizzawuzza, didn't see your post before posting mine, sorry for the repeat advice !

These like yours are not really true macro shots, simply cropped close-ups.

304BREITLINGCHRONOMATEVOLUTION4.jpg

352BREITLINGROSEGOLDCHRONOMATEVO-4.jpg

352BREITLINGROSEGOLDCHRONOMATEVO-5.jpg

356MONTBLANCCHRONOGRAPHROSEGOLD5.jpg

356MONTBLANCCHRONOGRAPHROSEGOLD6.jpg

356MONTBLANCCHRONOGRAPHROSEGOLD7.jpg

356MONTBLANCCHRONOGRAPHROSEGOLD8.jpg