JohnG

Does anyone pay in Bitcoin?

marblesyrup

I'd be holding BTC at the moment...

trailboss99

Yup I deal in BTC. I have a BTC wallet with a few hundred USD in it for regular expenses and I keep a larger amount in the traditional way that I treat as I would shares or stocks in as much as it's a gamble and a hedge. You can pay your RWI donation via BTC as well (admittedly few do).

BTC via a wallet like coinbase is easy to do, no harder than PP and no fees.

The thing with bitcoin is that it's a pretty unrecognised currency, the rates can serverely fluctuate, Id say stick to the dollar, at least you know what you're getting

Its not a currency, its a medium of exchange. The idea of BTC is that you see something you want, you ask a price and transfer that amount into a BTC account and pay, the seller then takes it out. Leaving money in BTC is speculation and yes I do indulge but not with funds I can't afford to lose the same as shares, stocks or bonds. .

mop

I just placed my first order for a watch through a TD with Bitcoin. I chose him (Tim, AKA Fat Panda) because he was the only TD that accepted it. I agree it's a pain to set up an account at an exchange, but once you have that, it's so much easier than having your credit card transaction denied by your bank, or driving to a WU location to wire money.

mop

Oh, and it's a cheaper transaction too!

zooki
On 02/01/2017 at 09:21, trailboss99 said:

Yup I deal in BTC. I have a BTC wallet with a few hundred USD in it for regular expenses and I keep a larger amount in the traditional way that I treat as I would shares or stocks in as much as it's a gamble and a hedge. You can pay your RWI donation via BTC as well (admittedly few do).

BTC via a wallet like coinbase is easy to do, no harder than PP and no fees.

Its not a currency, its a medium of exchange. The idea of BTC is that you see something you want, you ask a price and transfer that amount into a BTC account and pay, the seller then takes it out. Leaving money in BTC is speculation and yes I do indulge but not with funds I can't afford to lose the same as shares, stocks or bonds. .

I guess it pays to have held onto the BTC, could have bought a real watch for the price of a replica if you sold at the $20k top. lol

trailboss99
On 13/10/2018 at 02:26, zooki said:

I guess it pays to have held onto the BTC, could have bought a real watch for the price of a replica if you sold at the $20k top. lol

I did and I did :) 

JJaabbmm

I see this thread is pretty old, from the times when BTC was 10k. What about now, guys? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts after 5-8 years :D

deju

Turning into Del.... Locking this thread before another stupid bot comes along.....

• Like 1