Sign in to follow this  
Del

Breitling SOH v2 (now on rubber...)

dingle
great watch and pics........I hate the mesh tho....;)

:) You hate the mesh?! Wash your mouth out boy! :D

Actually, I was unsure myself at first but when I got it on my wrist I was hooked! Having said that, I've got a blue Ocean Racer strap to put on when the notion takes me :D.

I really do. Not for sure why, just does not suit my eye I suppose.....maybe because it reminds me of the proplof :lol:

Del
I really do. Not for sure why, just does not suit my eye I suppose.....maybe because it reminds me of the proplof :lol:

See, look what you've done........now I hate the mesh too :):D

Del

Nothing to do with Dingleberry's comments above ;), but I've put the SOHv2 onto an Ocean Racer strap for a wee change. I bought it from Mary recently to give me an option from the mesh.

I know that the SOH really suits the mesh (and I like it on mesh) but I must say that I rather like this Ocean Racer strap too - very nice quality, plus it's nice to have the Breitling clasp (which the aftermarket mesh doesn't have).

Anyway, some more pics are called for ;)

p4105880v2.jpg

p4105879v2.jpg

p4105878v2.jpg

p4105877v2.jpg

p4105861v2.jpg

p4105865v2.jpg

amuthon

I think you could wear it on a potato bag, it still would look great!

Fantastic watch, I would like to have one too:

Del
I think you could wear it on a potato bag, it still would look great!

Fantastic watch, I would like to have one too:

;)

Thanks mate ;)

greg_r

Mine on OR:

breitSOH_OR_190410.jpg

Del

Nice pic greg ;)

The OR strap is surprisingly comfortable too - very supple for such a thick rubber band.

E-Dub

I've got a tracking # for this from Mary, and one from the eBay mesh link... Hopefully this week! Love that this is a rep where the strap upgrade gives you options, not just another "throw away the strap that it came on"

I wonder if most dealers would give you a $5-$10 break if you just asked them to just keep the pos most PAM's arrive with?

Del
I've got a tracking # for this from Mary, and one from the eBay mesh link... Hopefully this week! Love that this is a rep where the strap upgrade gives you options, not just another "throw away the strap that it came on"

I wonder if most dealers would give you a $5-$10 break if you just asked them to just keep the pos most PAM's arrive with?

Agree with you on the SOH but there's nae chance with the PAM discount ;)

E-Dub

Hey Del, I don't know if you saw but I did end up getting my SOHV2 from Mary before she closed sales of it. I also got my ebay mesh, but I haven't put it on yet. It is much more "brushed" whereas the watch itself is practically "mirror polished". I was going to come back to ask where you got yours, but now looking again, I think I might have the same strap you do, and it seems to look fine.

Does yours look brushed? Does the contrast in person seem off?

Maybe I'll put it on later, but for now, I'm enjoying the OceanRacer strap.

E-Dub

Rav747

Beautiful watch, Del. Love the blue color. Personally, don't think I could pull off the mesh band, but it looks great on your wrist and other wristes I have seen congrats, man. Wear it well.

:D

Del
Hey Del, I don't know if you saw but I did end up getting my SOHV2 from Mary before she closed sales of it. I also got my ebay mesh, but I haven't put it on yet. It is much more "brushed" whereas the watch itself is practically "mirror polished". I was going to come back to ask where you got yours, but now looking again, I think I might have the same strap you do, and it seems to look fine.

Does yours look brushed? Does the contrast in person seem off?

Maybe I'll put it on later, but for now, I'm enjoying the OceanRacer strap.

E-Dub

Hi E-Dub. Yeah, mine is a brushed finish too but it looks ok to me. I've still got mine on the OR strap - liking it a lot :D.

E-Dub

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm going to put it on tonight after work just to see what it looks like, but I'm feeling like it will be right back to the ocean racer until I can find a suitably polished meshy.

E-Dub

Del
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm going to put it on tonight after work just to see what it looks like, but I'm feeling like it will be right back to the ocean racer until I can find a suitably polished meshy.

E-Dub

The Staib mesh seems to be the best quality (don't know if it's polished though) but it is not cheap!