Sign in to follow this  
randy3y

3,001 Arrested For Product Piracy In China

randy3y

Scavolas

Bad news -- as a result, it may only make all the reps more expensive.

My favorite among the lies and innuendos from the gen makers:

"Trade groups say illegal Chinese copying of music, designer clothing and other goods costs legitimate producers billions of dollars a year in lost potential sales."

Lost potential sales, huh?

Would someone from these trade groups people elaborate on that please?

Just pure fallacy.

Although not telling that luxury good makers do not have the proper rights for IP protection. But making excuses for poor sales by quoting rep markets is a 100% pure genuine lie.

KBH

Key sentence: China's fledgling software, music and other creative companies have been devastated by unlicensed copying.

They are finally getting some of their own medicine, and realizing it doesn't taste so good after all.

Speaking of medicine: 23 people accused of producing fake medicine were detained in the central city of Jingzhou in Hubei province. It said they made more than 100 million capsules filled with sawdust and wheat flour and sold under the brand names of 201 different types of medication.

That should be a mandatory death sentence.

NFleischer

Really; the piracy of intellectual property is a tremendous problem over there. Imagine you're a songwriter by trade for

example and 5 million people download a song for free!

The watches are somewhat different; the people who spend $150 on a fake Rolex would not buy the real $10,000

TT DJ for example. I'm sure it does affect sales, but not as much as they say. There are 2 different consumer groups

that overlap abit. Some us buys reps AND gens.

baruch
Really; the piracy of intellectual property is a tremendous problem over there. Imagine you're a songwriter by trade for

example and 5 million people download a song for free!

The watches are somewhat different; the people who spend $150 on a fake Rolex would not buy the real $10,000

TT DJ for example. I'm sure it does affect sales, but not as much as they say. There are 2 different consumer groups

that overlap abit. Some us buys reps AND gens.

+1

ebzen02

We now know what happened to George of wm9.

pollux1

This one MIGHT be different than all the other crackdowns. I guess we'll know soon enough if the usual sites are all down.

pollux1

Just checked, puretime's site is definitely still up.

nunu78

That's really bad, on positive side Robert told me tht my Omega Ploprof V2 left china on last Friday .

MikeyMouseWatch

Speaking of medicine: 23 people accused of producing fake medicine were detained in the central city of Jingzhou in Hubei province. It said they made more than 100 million capsules filled with sawdust and wheat flour and sold under the brand names of 201 different types of medication.

Most of the world's fake medicine comes from American manufacturers. It is legal to sell bogus medication under the guise of homeopathic remedies.

wat44
chinese-pirate.jpg

Cytheria

China is still a far ways off from preventing piracy. I've lived in China for over 6 years off and on, and come on, their largest website, and one of the highest traffic websites in the world, their search engine baidu.com, gives "illegal" links to all types of music and songs. Of course they give the same excuse as torrent site operators, "we dont host any illegal material, just link to it."

I think this is just a big show. Do it once big and forget about it after that.

As far as the medicine thing goes, I do believe if serious enough, as in a lot of deaths, there IS a death sentence to the main bosses, or at least life imprisonment.