Sign in to follow this  
Nightwatch

Hamilton 917 Retro (something a bit different)

Nightwatch

I have always admired the Hamilton 917 movement and dial, but until now I've never found a way to use the Hamilton dial as the sub dial on the Hamilton is at 6 o'clock and does not work well unless you want the winding stem coming out the top of the watch at 12 o'clock..... So I decided to remove the numbers from the original dial and use them along with the hands on a new dial I made...

There is no number 6 on a 917 so instead I used the number 9 and inverted it then used the round dot from the number 6 to replace the missing 9, which works perfectly because using a sub dial there's no room left to put a 9 on number anyway, you have to use the dot.

The case is a DSN 6154 and the strap, which I feel is a perfect colour for the dial, is a gunny 74.

hamiltonretro-001.jpg

hamiltonretro-002.jpg

hamiltonretro-003.jpg

hamiltonretro-004.jpg

hamiltonretro-005.jpg

hamiltonretro-006.jpg

Wiz

Nice job ;) The finish of that movement is also really nice!

pollux1

That movement oozes quality, and the dial is very nice too. It looks real nice to me. ;)

flamagic

Looks Great! I collect vintage Hamiltons and they were considered the best of the American Watch companies. Hamiltons (US made in their heyday - from the 1930's-60's) are considered America's Patek Philippe

Dan