Sign in to follow this  
Del

TAG Heuer quartz service cost

Member X

That is ignoring the fact that £295 for a £20 movement and a £10 bezel insert is highway robbery!!

sjb

These guys are very good according guys on WUS etc., reasonable cost too.

http://www.rytetimewatchrepairs.co.uk/

Kusanagi

Breitling US charges $80 for maintenance (battery, seals, calibration) and $300 for an overhaul (which is the type service it sounds like the TAG dealer was trying to push). The overhaul service is fairly intensive. Interesting videos here:

Breitling Service videos

Overhaul includes the service shown in the polishing video. I have an Aerospace with problems heading for them soon for overhaul service. The two batteries I have had changed over the years I have owned it were changed by a local watchmaker I use. I passed on Breitling's $80 Maintenance service. :)

TAGster

Wow! what a rip off Del.

I have a couple of gen Kirium TAGs and way back in time, I think about 9 years ago or so one of my watches ran out of battery (both are quartz obviously) so I called TAG Heuer service number (I lived in México City at that time) and they gave me the phone number and address for an authorized service center, long story short: They charged aroun 90 usd. at that time for baterry replacement only, no watch service, no polishing, no nothing.

Then I noticed the bracelet of one of my watches had some scratches due to wearing, so I called this service centre and ask them if they can fix (poslish) that, so they told me to bring the watch for an estimate, which I did: they wanted to charge 200 usd for the service, but wait, they told me that I should be aware because the will completely polish the bracelet, this meant the bracelet would now be fully high polished, so the brushed SS part of it would be lost. :) , this was because they couldn´t make it in another way. Obviously, I said no and I carefully polished the links by myself covering the brushed SS portion, and I left it like new.

So, from there my dislike for TAG Heuer began... eventhough my nickname could tell the opposite ;)

Cheers!

Del

Thanks TAG and Kusanagi - yeah, I'll not be using an AD for the new battery either!

As I mentioned above, I think I've found somewhere decent that will change the battery, seal and pressure test it for just under £40. I'l check them out on Saturday.

onzenuub
Thanks TAG and Kusanagi - yeah, I'll not be using an AD for the new battery either!

As I mentioned above, I think I've found somewhere decent that will change the battery, seal and pressure test it for just under £40. I'l check them out on Saturday.

Why don't ask Francisco or Domi?

Del

Why don't ask Francisco or Domi?

I'm only looking for a battery and re-seal/pressure test - probably not worth sending it away for that once you add in postage and insurance (it's a gen). For £40 I'd rather just go local.

Cheers though :thumbsup2:

mulder

I had a Citizen watch that needed a new battery. Cost $120 for a new battery and new seals by the Citizen. Battery lasted two years where the original battery lasted 5 years.

It now sits in the drawer. Im not paying that $$ again.

Del
I had a Citizen watch that needed a new battery. Cost $120 for a new battery and new seals by the Citizen. Battery lasted two years where the original battery lasted 5 years.

It now sits in the drawer. Im not paying that $$ again.

Don't blame you mulder! My TAG is a £1000 watch so I don't mind paying £40 for a battery and re-seal but there's no way I'm getting it serviced by an AD!