Sign in to follow this  
Del

TAG Heuer quartz service cost

Del

I have a gen TAG Heuer Aquaracer quartz chronograph and the battery just died so I called a local AD for a price for a full service......£295 ;):thud:. But, wait for it, "that includes the new battery sir" - I should bloody hope so!

I'm thinking I'll just go with the new battery and re-seal option :).

greg_r
I have a gen TAG Heuer Aquaracer quartz chronograph and the battery just died so I called a local AD for a price for a full service......£295 ;):thud:. But, wait for it, "that includes the new battery sir" - I should bloody hope so!

... and they wonder why we buy reps :thud:

anyhow, yup - that sounds about what I'd expect..... bloody ridiculous, ain't it?

GC

what the hell is a full service on a quartz movt?

it's a battery change, that is the full service!

Del

... and they wonder why we buy reps :thud:

anyhow, yup - that sounds about what I'd expect..... bloody ridiculous, ain't it?

That's what I thought - I could buy a couple of great reps for that money :thud:.

It is a total rip-off, and a very good reason not to buy gens!

prestigewatchco

I wouldn't be taking a Tag quartz for a service anywhere near an AD. pal of mine had a quartz chrono and water had got in the AD quoted him $600 to repair. When he was in Bangkok I had some one look at it and with the new OE part the total was $35

solkryssare

My thoughts exactly! :)

greg_r

it's the re-pompishing and and cleaning of the frobisher that is the expensive bit...

Del

Oh, if you go on to the TAG website they tell you all about how they "remove the bracelet" and "remove the hands" and "replace any worn parts".....:).

I wouldn't be taking a Tag quartz for a service anywhere near an AD. pal of mine had a quartz chrono and water had got in the AD quoted him $600 to repair. When he was in Bangkok I had some one look at it and with the new OE part the total was $35

I'm not either Robert - it's a fucking rip off. I'll make some other enquiries but it'll be getting a new battery and re-seal at the most!

GC

it's the re-pompishing and and cleaning of the frobisher that is the expensive bit...

well in that case... :)

Del

:)

trailboss99

No, they replace eeeevery thing. A full service is a new MVT, pusher seals, pop and re-seal crystal, case back seal and a full polish as well as a new bezel insert if required. Of cause I could do the same for about 250 dollars, not pounds and still make a nice margin on it.

Col

Ska

Don't forget those gen gaskets. We all know how much they cost!!

Del

Thought this thread would give you all a good laugh! :)

Anyone want to buy a gen TAG Aquaracer? Needs a service though so I'll knock £50 off the price.....;):thud:

sjb

Why use an AD for a service?

Del
Why use an AD for a service?

I didn't know how much it would cost so I only called to find out.

I guess if you wanted to sell the watch it would look better if you could prove that the watch was serviced by an AD and had the 1-year service warranty but apart from that I'm at a loss as to why you would pay this.

It's a bit like people taking their cars to ADs for servicing - you pay more almost all of the time but people still do it.

wat44

I think AD's use GEN screwdrivers - so I would take it to an AD if I were you...

Del
I think AD's use GEN screwdrivers - so I would take it to an AD if I were you...

:)

gB.

Sounds like that AD is pricier than most. I recently bought a gen Tag F1 white ceramic/SS for the Mrs. at a local AD named Jared's Jewelry here in Atlanta (she wore out the rep one I bought her, so promised her a gen since she liked it so much). They offered an extended 2 yr warranty and lifetime battery replacement for only $139 (dollars not quids). I believe that was as many battery changes as needed for the life of the watch, as long as she owns it. Maybe Jared's is just a more economical Tag AD. :rofl:

Del
Sounds like that AD is pricier than most. I recently bought a gen Tag F1 white ceramic/SS for the Mrs. at a local AD named Jared's Jewelry here in Atlanta (she wore out the rep one I bought her, so promised her a gen since she liked it so much). They offered an extended 2 yr warranty and lifetime battery replacement for only $139 (dollars not quids). I believe that was as many battery changes as needed for the life of the watch, as long as she owns it. Maybe Jared's is just a more economical Tag AD. :rofl:

Sounds like a good deal :canuck:.

I think it was £60 for the battery and re-sealing without the service - what a bargain, eh?! :rolleyes:.

Del

I just found a place called "In Time Watch Services" who will replace the battery, re-seal and pressure test, and give a 2-year warranty for £39.95.

They have branches all over the UK in department stores and food stores and are members of the British Watch & Clock Makers Guild so seem like a safe bet.

When I called my local branch the guy was very helpful and offered the pressure test service without me asking and I got the feeling he knew what he was talking about.

I'll give them a go and maybe ask them about repairing/servicing reps when I'm in :kma:.

seclark007

GBOGH, you brought home a Jarod's box?!? Did you house break into a spontaneous TV commercial with women swooning over you and your decision....

Del
GBOGH, you brought home a Jarod's box?!? Did you house break into a spontaneous TV commercial with women swooning over you and your decision....

Er......what? Wrong thread me thinks...:kma::lol:

Member X
I have a gen TAG Heuer Aquaracer quartz chronograph and the battery just died so I called a local AD for a price for a full service......£295 :zzz: :D. But, wait for it, "that includes the new battery sir" - I should bloody hope so!

I'm thinking I'll just go with the new battery and re-seal option ;).

No, they replace eeeevery thing. A full service is a new MVT, pusher seals, pop and re-seal crystal, case back seal and a full polish as well as a new bezel insert if required. Of cause I could do the same for about 250 dollars, not pounds and still make a nice margin on it.

Col

So, let me get this right... a new movement, bezel insert, seals, and a polish is £295?

So, given their range starts at, what, £700? they're charging £400 for a case / dial / hands / crystal?

Cheeky fuckers...

Del
I have a gen TAG Heuer Aquaracer quartz chronograph and the battery just died so I called a local AD for a price for a full service......£295 :zzz: :D. But, wait for it, "that includes the new battery sir" - I should bloody hope so!

I'm thinking I'll just go with the new battery and re-seal option ;).

Col

So, let me get this right... a new movement, bezel insert, seals, and a polish is £295?

So, given their range starts at, what, £700? they're charging £400 for a case / dial / hands / crystal?

Cheeky fuckers...

Actually, it's worse than that because the model I have was about £1,000 rrp when I bought it 3 years ago, and it doesn't have a bezel insert either!

p7212723v2.jpg

Dendo

Cheeky fuckers...

+1