Sign in to follow this  
GMTmasterypastery

Please Check it Out Before I Buy

GMTmasterypastery

I said I was a noob. I thought taking it slow was the way forward on here? :) I had to change my card and everything last time, gave me the shits so my friend does it for me. For a couple of pints you know?

Edited by GMTmasterypastery

JSJ

Not sure yet if this is a windup.

'Quite a gen collection' means different things to different people.

Never bought anything online? DhGate may not be the best place to start.

black263
I was hoping to get some advice/learn about reps in general. Totally new to it plus can't abide Patek AP prices,delicacy servicing cost /intervals. Plus to communicate with other UK members. But I'll let you know where my journey takes me. Oh, I'm also an Archieluxury fan of several years. :D

Take the time to read the threads on the forum and slow down a bit. All the info you need is here already.

Cheers. I've been at it an hour or two. No rush. ;)

I was a member for two weeks before my first post and a month before I felt I knew enough to start buying. An hour of reading is nowhere near enough especially if you're not comfortable with internet purchases. You'll crap yourself the first time you try WU.

GMTmasterypastery

Have had quite a watch ccollecting journey then.

I'll be back. Need to sleep if I'm to do anything later today. Have a good evening, morning or wtf ever time it is where you are.

the_frenchman
DhGate may not be the best place to start.

^^ THIS ^^

Love the way DH sellers use google translate to reply our questions....

"Yes my friend, this is the asian copy AAA movement....."

You are like, "what the fuck is he talking about?" :lol:

GMTmasterypastery

It seems I need to inflate my balls and take the plunge at some point (you all had a first time :P) then crap myself. I am indeed going to enjoy the cheapie and read on for a month or two. Thanks for the help everyone, and putting up with my feverish noob posts.

black263
It seems I need to inflate my balls and take the plunge at some point (you all had a first time :P) then crap myself. I am indeed going to enjoy the cheapie and read on for a month or two. Thanks for the help everyone, and putting up with my feverish noob posts.

Since you're in the UK my advice would be to buy your first watch from Narikaa. Best bang for buck of any TD, UK based and won't be shutting down for CNY.

GMTmasterypastery

Since you're in the UK my advice would be to buy your first watch from Narikaa. Best bang for buck of any TD, UK based and won't be shutting down for CNY.

Ya there's no rush. I'm past the 'Uh! I want X! How I get!? noobery. Now I'm undecided on the exact variation. I'll post a 'this, that or..' thread when I've narrowed it down.

I emailed Narikaa last week hoping I could perhaps meet in a pub and buy a nice miyota 5711 in person, like he'd have one just lying around in stock (I was consumed with noobism). No, I'll bite the bullet and get my card out eventually. I save for purchases (As is apparent from my buying technique detailed in my intro) so I often have a grand or so on debit card accumulated from my job. Hence the reluctance to fire my details into websites. So it's about time I had another account I can regulate for comfortable online use. Or a Paypal, though I understand these require a degree of trust given the shit a disgruntled buyer can cause for a seller. I'll probably PM Narikaa again nearer the time. Thanks again.

RUSH2112

You think a person selling counterfeit watches is going to agree to meet someone who joined the forum a couple days ago at a pub? You are truly clueless.

GMTmasterypastery

You think a person selling counterfeit watches is going to agree to meet someone who joined the forum a couple days ago at a pub? You are truly clueless.

I was just dreaming I didn't suggest it. Hey I've met other people from watch forums in pubs and sold/bought in this way. I've found these to be pleasant enthusiast exchanges. No need to be like that. We're talking about one watch here, not a container. And I am truly clueless. Tough crowd. Shit perhaps this isn't for me, I'll try joining the illuminati instead.

Left Coast Guy

I'm done man.....everything in this thread and your intro thread and the PM's you sent me......it all seems sketchy as hell man. SKETCHY.

I'm mean how on god's green earth do you make it 30 fucking years without buying anything online? Then you posted photos of your watch collection, but both are generic as hell and the meta-data on the photos doesn't match....??? Then you keep flip flopping between talking like your the 'Gov'na', then the next post saying you've got a whole "grand saved up" on a debit card. WTF?

I'm not trying to pick on you bud, but 9 times of 10 around here, where there's smoke, there's fire.....and the smoke is billowing out here...

All the info you need to buy a watch is here man.....so go ahead and knock yourself out. You don't need any more help to do that.

GMTmasterypastery

Ok. I've no idea what meta data is. I'll take a recent pic of both my watches together with a frigging personalised msg and the front page of todays paper then. Seriously except the one bad experience no online buying. A friend does it for me often 2xing up because he wants what I want. I got it I can get my perfect Patek and for that I thank you. My sincerity under question? Bear with me.

GMTmasterypastery

Right here.

http://tinypic.com/r/2646np5/9

Another

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2646np5.jpg

Before I'm accused of photoshopping

http://tinypic.com/r/2ef15cj/9

Again!

http://oi64.tinypic.com/2ef15cj.jpg

Another

http://tinypic.com/r/2cz6lgo/9

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2cz6lgo.jpg

Just noticed I set the time wrong on the Yachty -You did that! :D

black263

Ya there's no rush. I'm past the 'Uh! I want X! How I get!? noobery. Now I'm undecided on the exact variation. I'll post a 'this, that or..' thread when I've narrowed it down.

I emailed Narikaa last week hoping I could perhaps meet in a pub and buy a nice miyota 5711 in person, like he'd have one just lying around in stock (I was consumed with noobism). No, I'll bite the bullet and get my card out eventually. I save for purchases (As is apparent from my buying technique detailed in my intro) so I often have a grand or so on debit card accumulated from my job. Hence the reluctance to fire my details into websites. So it's about time I had another account I can regulate for comfortable online use. Or a Paypal, though I understand these require a degree of trust given the shit a disgruntled buyer can cause for a seller. I'll probably PM Narikaa again nearer the time. Thanks again.

Plan B. Having seen more of your posts I have changed my mind. I withdraw my suggestion that you go with Narikaa. Please don't have any further contact with him. I don't want Reg thinking of me as the twat who pointed you in his direction.

GMTmasterypastery

No problem. I'm honest and no nonsense to deal with though. I might wait till I'm your age and buy a proper one anyway.

Funny that. Here's me looking to spend several hundred £s on a watch with a view to buying more, solid photographic evidence I'm capable of doing so and I'm a twat.

It's looking increasingly like I'll be keeping my custom to be honest. I can live without £300+ knockoffs that are impossible to maintain unless I deal with recently IT literate old men whose excursions to Asia I'd be funding.

black263

No problem. I'm honest and no nonsense to deal with though. I might wait till I'm your age and buy a proper one anyway.

Funny that. Here's me looking to spend several hundred £s on a watch with a view to buying more, solid photographic evidence I'm capable of doing so and I'm a twat.

It's looking increasingly like I'll be keeping my custom to be honest. I can live without £300+ knockoffs that are impossible to maintain unless I deal with recently IT literate old men whose excursions to Asia I'd be funding.

Now look here young arsehole. Do you really expect a serious importer of counterfeit goods to meet you in person, and produce public evidence of his illegal behaviour. Let me put you straight on this business.

Each factory is a separate criminal gang producing counterfeits. If they are caught, and are really lucky, they face serious prison time in China. If they're not lucky, their family may get a bill for the execution. They isolate themselves by selling through multiple dealers who sit between them and you. The dealers take your money and use some of it to buy the illegal item from the appropriate gang, and then smuggle it to you, keeping the balance as profit.

The dealers have freedom to sell any old rubbish to anywhere in the world. EXCEPT

There are a couple of safe neighbourhoods, run by the benevolent dictators El Grego, and Don Trailie. Between them they run the RWG neighbourhood, and Don Trailie runs the adjacent streets known as RWI. These dictators and their enforcers have two roles.

Firstly, they screen the inhabitants of the hood. It is their wish that the neighbours treat each other fairly. A bit of a domestic is acceptable, but if someone goes too far, an enforcer will have a quiet word with them. If that doesn't work, they may be taken to a "safe" house where they will remain while the error of their ways is explained. For some, this is enough and they may be allowed back into the community. For others, they may be invited to take their goods and chattels and leave the area forthwith. In this way, peace, harmony and jolly banter is maintained.

The second role is to allocate turf in the hood to the dealers. For this, the Godfathers do not get paid, but simply enjoy the adoration of their residents. Dealers agree to treat the residents fairly, and to allow the Godfather and enforcers to act as intermediaries, should there be a dispute. The enforcers are very powerful, and where a dealer does not play fairly, he may be kicked out of the hood. This will seriously impact his income, and the dealer rarely refuses, or as has happened, suffers the consequences.

Unwarranted complaints about activities that go on is seriously frowned on. Filing a formal dispute with the authorities, without having first cleared it with the Godfather is likely to result in a summary expulsion from the hood.

In this way, we get our stash, without having to worry about being ripped off, and can all live in peace, harmony and goodwill.

We don't take kindly to outsiders who blaze in, and ask us to do their work for them, before they've even said hello, shaken hands and settled down for a beer or two and a bit of chat. We have an information room at the back of the bar, where 99% of what you need to know is clearly laid out. We would expect you to go there first, and have a good read. Once you've done that, we'll happily chat about things that still aren't clear. But if you bother us with questions that are already clearly answered, don't expect us to turn away from our card game to help.

elp

giphy-2.gif

Yep, I see gulag and/or banning in the near future.

Left Coast Guy

If I'm wrong about your watches, I'll wear that one -- my apologies. The heart of the matter is this -- I (nor anyone else here) don't so much care about whether you can afford them or not, its the lying and posturing that folks don't appreciate. Or alternatively, if this is all true, folks need to be aware that the person on the other side of the equation here is completely unaware and uninitiated to the basics of 21st century ecommerce.

So as I see it, you're either:

A) A sketchball that folks should be careful around, or

B) Very sincere, yet sheltered chap.....in which case folks should probably still be careful around you

As a path forward from here, I'd suggest you spend some time around here, contribute and let folks get to know you. Once you've been here for a few months, folks have gotten to know and trust you, it will be much easier for folks on the Member to Member sales boards to trust you enough to sell a watch to you at the local pub.

In the meantime, have your mate buy you a couple reps from the TDs and get a taste for things...

GMTmasterypastery

I was noob dreaming. In person would be my dream quick easy transaction, physical paypal if you will. It wasn't something I seriously considered proposing. I thought I made that clear. I was asked to show watches pissing contests or who's 'rich' or 'poor' doesn't interest me. I'm lower middle-class myselfand work my arse off.

I've had enough now I'm out of here. Peace for being civil to me (Still unsure how aversion to entering online bank details equates to being sheltered though. How long have some of the old gits on here been at it?). The nasties? Someone's several hundred down because of you. Maybe more than one person, and thousands down. Way to go.

I ask the mods to please close this thread. I'll also say I'm glad not to have upset any/gotten banned, which won't be necessary. Obviously reasonable chaps. Bye.

RUSH2112

To me, this place and every other forum I've joined is very easy to figure out and pick up the vibe and understand how to behave. I don't see why it so hard for some people to just read a bit and figure it out. Even the things not expressly stated are in the flavor of the posts throughout the board. Still, some people want to bend a hobby that's been here for years and thousands of members to their will and ahve things their way. When their collar is tightened and their leash yanked a bit they cry like babies.

RepGuy
To me, this place and every other forum I've joined is very easy to figure out and pick up the vibe and understand how to behave. I don't see why it so hard for some people to just read a bit and figure it out. Even the things not expressly stated are in the flavor of the posts throughout the board. Still, some people want to bend a hobby that's been here for years and thousands of members to their will and ahve things their way. When their collar is tightened and their leash yanked a bit they cry like babies.

So what you're saying is that we're all into choking.... that's very risque :lol:

RUSH2112

So what you're saying is that we're all into choking.... that's very risque :lol:

Onze has the pics, johnG has the links.

NCRich

Well, we don't usually close threads. Especially amusing ones.

RUSH2112

It seems the surest way to increase traffic and not get a thread closed is to ask for the thread to be closed.

RepGuy

It seems the surest way to increase traffic and not get a thread closed is to ask for the thread to be closed.

That's a good idea...

"Watch for sale $350

Please close this thread mods"

Its foolproof