Sign in to follow this  
GMTmasterypastery

Please Check it Out Before I Buy

black263
Well, we don't usually close threads. Especially amusing ones.

It seems the surest way to increase traffic and not get a thread closed is to ask for the thread to be closed.

That's a good idea...

"Watch for sale $350

Please close this thread mods"

Its foolproof

For $350 and as long as it's 1:1 I'll buyit. Don't care what it is or even if I like it. I just want something that I can wear to an AD. Naturally I wouldn't dream of selling it as Gen, but would also like to buy box and papers.

GMTmasterypastery

Ok. My apologies. Perhaps I was the unreasonable one. Since I'm still able to sign in and just quietly read I'll assume that's ok? You guys are harsh fuckers though. I haven't attempted to 'bend' anyone's hobby 'to my will' at all. Just a noob.

black263
Ok. My apologies. Perhaps I was the unreasonable one. Since I'm still able to sign in and just quietly read I'll assume that's ok? You guys are harsh fuckers though. I haven't attempted to 'bend' anyone's hobby 'to my will' at all. Just a noob.

Youngster, there may be hope for you yet! Now work your way through the links below and you may gain some insight into this world of ours. You may also care to read about GTG and our tribute to Baldrick and you will understand we are way way more than a bunch of online watch geeks.

anfalas

It is a tough crowd on here mate, the only way you'll survive is keep your head down, do plenty of reading and ask as few dumb questions as possible. If you spot someone you reckon is likely to be more amenable to noob questions send them a PM, that's how I started...........me ol mucker 'Gazzla' took me under his wing :) In fairness though I did read shedloads mainly coz I was interested to find out for myself.

If you give this lot even a sniff of weakness, noob blood, call it what you will they'll tear you apart lol I have indulged in a wee bit of noob baiting myself but in all honesty their questions were a fucking sight more stupid than yours. If it's any consolation I'm still a noob as far as this forum is concerned, most of the longstanders totally ignore my coments which is fine ............fuck em!! Need a thick skin is all I'm saying..........good luck mate ;)

gavmeister

"Watch for sale $350

............fuck em!! ;)

At $350 that sounds awesome...that's a Rolex isn't it but two sellers on one thread selling one watch? Is that even in the rules? :rofl:

elp

Youngster, there may be hope for you yet! Now work your way through the links below and you may gain some insight into this world of ours. You may also care to read about GTG and our tribute to Baldrick and you will understand we are way way more than a bunch of online watch geeks and goat fetishists.

Fixed it for you

anfalas

"Watch for sale $350

............fuck em!! ;)

At $350 that sounds awesome...that's a Rolex isn't it but two sellers on one thread selling one watch? Is that even in the rules? :rofl:

Haha!! In all honesty I have seriously considered buying that one....... :lol:

gavmeister

"Watch for sale $350

............fuck em!! ;)

Haha!! In all honesty I have seriously considered buying that one....... :lol:

It's on my shopping list after being screwed over on my Omega by an AD.

NCRich

It is a tough crowd on here mate, the only way you'll survive is keep your head down, do plenty of reading and ask as few dumb questions as possible. If you spot someone you reckon is likely to be more amenable to noob questions send them a PM, that's how I started...........me ol mucker 'Gazzla' took me under his wing :) In fairness though I did read shedloads mainly coz I was interested to find out for myself.

If you give this lot even a sniff of weakness, noob blood, call it what you will they'll tear you apart lol I have indulged in a wee bit of noob baiting myself but in all honesty their questions were a fucking sight more stupid than yours. If it's any consolation I'm still a noob as far as this forum is concerned, most of the longstanders totally ignore my coments which is fine ............fuck em!! Need a thick skin is all I'm saying..........good luck mate ;)

Of course I ignore you, you told me my watch looked like Liberace. :lol:

anfalas

Rich, I thought I'd found a kindred spirit with a mutual hatred of pimped-up, blingy gold watches...............Liberace was about the nicest thing I could think of :lmao:

Genius

Rich, I thought I'd found a kindred spirit with a mutual hatred of pimped-up, blingy gold watches...............Liberace was about the nicest thing I could think of :lmao:

He's only pretending to ignore you.....

You clearly upset him on a deep personal level so that he had to give the watch to his wife and pretend he never bought it for himself :P