Monkey_Business

Rolex 116618LN full gold - BP ETA

WatchaholicMallorca

Hi mate.

I'm being careful with it, but the bracelet scratches easily. It has quite a few deskdives and hairlines

Other than that, still mint!

Out of interest, how to the scratches show up? can you see the Stainless underneath?

Monkey_Business

No, i have yet to see any stainless on both watch case and bracelet.

My impression of the gold plating is very good this far :)

mangahuisman

the real gen band also feels cheap so don't let it bother you...

Diver Dave

Beautiful watch! I'm sure the gen costs quite a pretty penny, might be a lame question but what would you say if someone questioned you based on your watch? I'm sure i would definitely be shocked if someone had 30k on their wrist.

Nobody ever seems to question anyone on their watch. If you look like a poor slob you're either (A) a poor slob with a rep and nobody could give a shit, or (B) you're wealthy and just dressing casually and nobody gives a shit either.

I see $30K watches on peoples wrists nearly every day. I probably see 50 Gold Rolex's a week.Nobody even notices them. Most of them are dressed in shorts and a shirt and boat shoes, AKA "they look like slobs". Nobody looks at their watches.All of them could be wearing the shittiest reps and nobody would even see them.

I wear both my Gens and my reps nearly daily in the same venue, and nobody notices my watches either. I sat next to one of my passengers two days ago (he wanted to "watch the pilot fly") and he was wearing an obvious Gen Panerai Chrono, and I was wearing my rep Panerai chrono. In the mid-range of money two Paneristi would recognize each other and exchange greetings He never even noticed it. People at that end of the scale don't even bother to notice. I toss on my Gen solid gold GMT now and then and it's invisible. The poor don't know what it is, and the rich don't care.

I guess it all depends on where you are walking.

A bit of a segue, but I am seeing a LOT of women wearing Gen Rolex mens watches, Subs, GMT's and Explorers. Usually on colored nylon straps, as "beach wear". And I am seeing their husbands wearing those same sports Rolex watches on straps as well, shunning the bracelets, again as "beach wear". One of my regular passengers wears a gold Sub with a blue face, on a blue and yellow nylon strap. Looks good, considering that I'm bringing him from his yacht back to the city after a weekend afloat.

Edited by Diver Dave

WatchaholicMallorca

No, i have yet to see any stainless on both watch case and bracelet.

My impression of the gold plating is very good this far :)

Just snatched one up on M2M, Blue dial!

Monkey_Business

Finally!!

Let me know how it is.. I still want one, badly!

Undinist

4pekatt, I love your pics so much I bought the same watch! Delighted with it, but puzzled by the shade of gold: 

Monkey_Business

Glad to hear! Gratz! :-)

I can't bring you clarity as far as shades of gold goes - But in addition to the ordinary yellow gold and everose, they have the extremely yellow gold basel daytona which definately has a different shade. 
As for the repped versions, I bet you'll get variations from watch to watch - But if you put two genuine YG submariners together, they will have the same shade. No doubt.