Sign in to follow this  
kolchak

Any watches you regret selling?

kolchak

As my rep collection grows I'm considering selling my smaller gens. Watches under 44mm feels almost lady like now so I can't imagine wanting to wear them again. Started wondering if people have specific watches they regret selling & why?

SliceMaster

This beauty I really regret selling...still cant figure out why!!

breitlingmix009.jpg

nyawristies005.jpg

Takken

SliceMaster, thats one hell of a nice looking rep. What is the exact model nr/name of this?

SliceMaster
SliceMaster, thats one hell of a nice looking rep. What is the exact model nr/name of this?

Its called Breitling Chronomat Evolution two-tone

I will see if I can find another one some day

gottahaverolex

Honestly, I regret every one I have ever sold. Wish I had all of them back

Edited by gottahaverolex

kolchak

That's what I'm afraid of. Have ~ 25 total watches & 10 haven't been worn in years.

I sold first one recently when a friend bought my gen rollie explorer II with a white faced.

I don't miss it........yet....

AllergyDoc

Slicemaster stole that watch from me! :D That was a nice watch. Was stupid to sell it. One of the many I regret leting go.

AllergyDoc

That's what I'm afraid of. Have ~ 25 total watches & 10 haven't been worn in years.

I sold first one recently when a friend bought my gen rollie explorer II with a white faced.

BIG mistake!

MikeMcNair
Honestly, I regret every one I have ever sold. Wish I [could afford to] ha[ve] all of them back

x eleventeen billion.

greg_r

+1! :D

SliceMaster
Slicemaster stole that watch from me! :D That was a nice watch. Was stupid to sell it. One of the many I regret leting go.

Haha Doc....so we are 2 persons missing the same watch !!

kolchak

BIG mistake!

Yeah probably. Don't miss it "yet" but have been avoiding my friend...he had it professionally cleaned/buffed and wears it everywhere.

Dragonscape

ALL

Del

My Daytona, after Skathe relumed it - man it looked good :lol::lol:

jameo210369

Never regret selling your watches, if you give them away you will feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Collecting watches is great, just get rid of the customs workers and we'll all be fine.

pollux1

I've never sold any of mine. I've given away a breit bentley gt, iwc 3706 and Ingeniuer, Tag Monaco, PT/wm9 1.5, Swiss SD, PAM 005 with mods, a few omegas and a few gen Seikos which I hate after a few weeks cos reps feel better lol.

*edit* Actually my only regret is I hadn't just donated them to here. Next birthday though I will.

jameo210369

You sound like a nice man pollux, I gave about 30 - 40 watches away to members of this forum a few years back.

pollux1
You sound like a nice man pollux, I gave about 30 - 40 watches away to members of this forum a few years back.

I gave em away to mates who had a bit of an interest when I was talking about how good the reps were and indeed most were fascinated by the movements. If I made a few watch lovers then it was well worth it.

NFleischer

I never sell any- gave some away. Actually I'd like to raise some $$ and sell a few gens I don't wear.

Kusanagi

My first quality watch was a 1978 Omega Constellation. I still have it and every other fine watch (not that many) that I have owned...except one. My second good watch was a Rolex GMT Master (Pepsi bezel) purchased 1981.

When the GMT Master II appeared, the improved movement with indexing hour hand and the sapphire crystal (I used to be a little tough on crystals) enticed me to buy one. I sold the GMT Master, thinking that two Rolex GMT's was a bit excessive. I do wish I had not parted with that GMT Master. Worse yet, I sold it to a friend that I still see occasionally and every time we meet he seems to be wearing that Rolex! :)