RepGuy

Omega Ploprof V2 (Pic Heavy)

RepGuy

So with an extreme amount of luck, and a great member next door, I was able to purchase a mint Omega Ploprof V2, and it just arrived today. The watch is solid, with the dial and case markings all looking crisp and clean. Its got a good weight to it, but wears surprisingly well for its size. The best way to compare it would be to a 44mm AP in terms of wrist feel. I just received it, but all functions are working great, with the date flipping and setting easily, and the movement ticking away. The lume is also excellent on the dial and bezel, which has no give to it until the bezel release butting is pressed down. Overall I'm extremely impressed!

0121171642_zps6690gkzu.jpg

0121171642a_zpsypezgrei.jpg

0121171642b_zps3nxf4nla.jpg

0121171643_zpstii86rjm.jpg

0121171643a_zpslttnzsun.jpg

0121171643c_zpssqlhpi3s.jpg

0121171644_zpsmzg34get.jpg

0121171644a_zpskhzp60cg.jpg

0121171645_zps5t5pd35p.jpg

0121171646_zpskxfloh4b.jpg

• Like 2

sesel

I have one ploprof orange strap.. is beautiful watch

GC

As rare as hen's teeth sir... Congratulations on procuring one.

elp

Glad you found one in the end!!

RepGuy

As rare as hen's teeth sir... Congratulations on procuring one.

Glad you found one in the end!!

Thanks! It took some digging, and flat out asking members if they had one they would sell, but it worked out in the end. I'm not usually a fan of rubber bracelets, except for on AP's, but this works out well with the deployment clasp.

tabuktime

Well done on the pick-up, it looks fabulous. Be sure to post some more pics when you get it on the mesh.

Foxindebox

That looks fantastic mate, well done :clap:

brentano88

beautiful watch. i`m also looking forward to one

brang1

wot a rippa

SteveA

My worst decision ever was to sell a v1.5 on mesh with uncut rubber strap for £100

Foxindebox
My worst decision ever was to sell a v1.5 on mesh with uncut rubber strap for £100

As decisions go, that wasn't the best... :lol:

Nikosaldente

Stunning watch!

Enjoy it good health!

RepGuy

How long ago was this? Were the Ploprof's still in production at the time you sold yours?

GC

Mine says hey...

IMG_3014.jpg

As far as versions go, the V1 (which I owned first) had a crystal issue. It was two crystals glued together and they would delaminate when the crystal got wet ( it was a water based glue). It was a huge issue, that got resolved 6months later when they released the V2 (which I got in exchange for sending the V1back to Mary Watch). So I'm interested to know what the V1.5 is?

GC
Mine says hey...

IMG_3014.jpg

As far as versions go, the V1 (which I owned first) had a crystal issue. It was two crystals glued together and they would delaminate when the crystal got wet ( it was a water based glue). It was a huge issue at the time that got resolved 6months or a year later (I can't remember) when they released the V2 (which I got in exchange for sending the V1back to Mary Watch). So I'm interested to know what the V1.5 is? It had to be released after the v2 or am I missing something (I do that sometimes).

RepGuy
Mine says hey...

IMG_3014.jpg

As far as versions go, the V1 (which I owned first) had a crystal issue. It was two crystals glued together and they would delaminate when the crystal got wet ( it was a water based glue). It was a huge issue at the time that got resolved 6months or a year later (I can't remember) when they released the V2 (which I got in exchange for sending the V1back to Mary Watch). So I'm interested to know what the V1.5 is? It had to be released after the v2 or am I missing something (I do that sometimes).

Now I'm curious to see a picture of a wet v1 crystal :lol:

GC
Mine says hey...

IMG_3014.jpg

I have one... Let me look for it

RepGuy
Mine says hey...

IMG_3014.jpg

You have just the crystal, or a whole v1?

GC
Mine says hey...

IMG_3014.jpg

You have just the crystal, or a whole v1?

Only a photo of the crystal when it delaminated.

I went back to 2010 in my emails, found the email but the photos are gone.

SteveA

Yes they were still making them a few years back.Bought it from one of the TDs ,believed to be a v2 but when I sold I was told that it was a 1.5 didn't really know anything different so accepted that explanation.What I do know is it was very good,lume was unreal and no crystal issues

kyussnut

I need one of these bad.

JSJ

I need one of these bad.

A warm welcome to you.

If you go to the new member area and introduce yourself with a new thread, you'll find us a welcoming bunch.

Just posting stuff like this sometimes doesn't work well.

Stuvetjee

Still miss mine very much :(

9A470DA7-6831-4BA7-B82C-A054861643C8_zpseri6l9hd.jpg

11D5034D-C7BD-400C-8FE4-653E311027F1_zpsbyika4kr.jpg

Helmut Wong

Love my white ploprof. So many compliments.

have to say im getting a bit of envy seeing the black one on mesh.

the rarity has also convinced me to get a second replica so i can preserve my ploprof. I have been using it as a daily driver and its just too nice for that.

snowsponge

Wow! Looks great. A Ploprof is on my wish list.