Sign in to follow this  
boneyjr

Rolex Submariner from Marvelous Replicas

boneyjr

So this is my first purchase from a "trusted" dealer, marvelous replicas, and I would love to hear what you think. Personally, I have only 2 concerns with this watch 1) the cyclops seems a bit off and 2) the second hand is not a perfect sweep.

I paid $260 for this with shipping included (228 for watch alone). What do you guys think??

DSC00872.jpg

DSC00870.jpg

DSC00859.jpg

DSC00866.jpg

DSC00877.jpg

DSC00875.jpg

DSC00881.jpg

I am going to post a link to a movie of the second hand sweep ASAP.. but in the mean time, I would love to hear your thoughts.

AllergyDoc

The cyclops does seem a bit too far right but the second hand sweep should be correct. Your pearl is well centered.

coolroy
The cyclops does seem a bit too far right but the second hand sweep should be correct. Your pearl is well centered.

Also if your photo is not playing tricks on me it look as though the lens is not correctly rotated to be at position 3 instead slightly towards the 2, if you know what i mean.

Just my 2c.

MikeMcNair

Also if your photo is not playing tricks on me it look as though the lens is not correctly rotated to be at position 3 instead slightly towards the 2, if you know what i mean.

Just my 2c.

it is off a bit, but watch this WHOLE VID, do not miss any part of it..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8-33UbhuyE

done and done.

otherwise, watch looks great!!!

Akira

MR sends high rez QC pictures...

You should have noticed the cyclops on the QC pics as well.

Do you still have them?

Cheers

Akira

Del

Yes, the cyclops is off and, while you perhaps could have seen it from the QC pics, in my opinion a Trusted Dealer should have picked this up and not shipped it. Sending QC pics should not exonerate a dealer from doing their own QC - this was an easy one to spot.

Personally, I'd contact the dealer and ask for an exchange - I couldn't live with a squinty cyclops.

Akira
Yes, the cyclops is off and, while you perhaps could have seen it from the QC pics, in my opinion a Trusted Dealer should have picked this up and not shipped it. Sending QC pics should not exonerate a dealer from doing their own QC - this was an easy one to spot.

Personally, I'd contact the dealer and ask for an exchange - I couldn't live with a squinty cyclops.

Honestly, what's the point of sending the QC pics than?

Of course MR should have seen it, but I'd like to see the QC pics though.

Del

Honestly, what's the point of sending the QC pics than?

Of course MR should have seen it, but I'd like to see the QC pics though.

Come on Akira, the QC pics are a final check for the buyer and I agree that this should have been spotted but if a dealer can't see a squinty cyclops then wtf are they looking at? This guy was buying his first rep and was probably so excited about seeing pictures of his watch that he didn't inspect them properly.

There are many things that a dealer can't be expected to pick up but imo this is not one of them.

Member X

These are fair discussion points, all.

I'd be interested to see the QC pics too! but the OP can be excused not picking up on every little details because being new to this means you might not spot everything. Hell, even us non-noobs need to study our pics carefully to make sure we don't miss anything!

For the hassle it would be with shipping back and forth to china, I would be tempted to either find a local rep-friendly watchsmith or send it to one of the modders on the boards, where it could get serviced. (Is it 'gen swiss ETA'? Could be an old one salvaged from another watch therefore be a bit dirty from old age.) Or I'd maybe even have a go myself!

Apart from the cyclops that watch looks good - rehaut alignment is as good as they get at the moment, and the pearl alignment looks spot on! :picard2:

prestigewatchco

hardly worth sending it back for the cyclops to be refitted it's a really easy thing to fix

as for QC pictures buyers who want them should look closely at them they are only interested in one watch the dealer is dealing with dozens so can easy miss something

Akira
These are fair discussion points, all.

I'd be interested to see the QC pics too! but the OP can be excused not picking up on every little details because being new to this means you might not spot everything. Hell, even us non-noobs need to study our pics carefully to make sure we don't miss anything!

For the hassle it would be with shipping back and forth to china, I would be tempted to either find a local rep-friendly watchsmith or send it to one of the modders on the boards, where it could get serviced. (Is it 'gen swiss ETA'? Could be an old one salvaged from another watch therefore be a bit dirty from old age.) Or I'd maybe even have a go myself!

Apart from the cyclops that watch looks good - rehaut alignment is as good as they get at the moment, and the pearl alignment looks spot on! :picard2:

Didn't ment to protect MR or something.

Just saying we recognise the missaligned cyclops easily on those "lower quality" pics,

so it must have been quite obvious on MR's pics.

boneyjr

Thank you for all your thoughts on this. And as I read, I am becoming more annoyed with the cyclops. In any event, as promised, here is a link to video I took of the sweep. Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7vT1a3bVlw

The video look maybe a little better than it actually is. Also, would you recommend any members on RWG that could fix the cyclops? thanks.

I will post the pics that MR sent me when I get to work.

-J

boneyjr

Of all the pics MR sent me with regard to the watch, these are the only 2 that show the face and cyclops. With hindsight being 20/20, i can now see that the cyclops is off. But as a noob, i didn't notice it at the time.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Where can I get this fixed?

Akira

Where are you located boneyjr?

boneyjr

I am in Philadelphia, PA. I emailed a locale watch shop and they responded with, "No, I will not service your FAKE rolex."

terma-nator
Also, would you recommend any members on RWG that could fix the cyclops? thanks.

You can do it yourself if you aren't scared of first removing it.

Just get some UV optical adhesive and reglue it back onto the crystal. I am in the optical repair business, and I know that UV glue will work perfectly for this application. Sunlight will cure the glue in a few minutes.

The glue costs about $30.00

Don't use crazy glue or something like that. It will fall off and/or discolor after time.

More info...

http://www.norlandprod.com/adhesives/noa%2061.html

norland61.JPG

You can buy it from here;

http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlinecatalog/...?productid=1597

prestigewatchco

GS is what the repair guys use about $8 a tube

Ask Trailboss (Col) pretty sure they have it in the RWG shop

KeNnY

yes GS hypocement will be good for glueing Cyclops how Robert have said. There are plenty of youtube videos showing how to remove the Cyclops from the watch crystal.

boneyjr

Honestly, I am a little nervous to do it myself. I will research local repair shops first. Did you guys get a chance to look at the video of the sweep? what do you think?

KeNnY

don't be afraid ! really you can not damage nothing if you will do it like on the vids

KBH

It would be easier to pop out the crystal and just move the cyclops a little lower. You should check the etched coronet at the bottom of the crystal and see if it is perfectly aligned. It's more likely that the crystal was installed wrong than the cyclops.

Also, I see nothing wrong with the sweep of the movement. Looks like your standard 8 beats per second to me. It's certainly not supposed to be perfectly smooth.

boneyjr

@Akira,

Why do you ask my location?

Member X

He is stalking you :P

:)

Not really, it's just that it depends on what continent you are on as to where we can recommend to get work done :picard: