Sign in to follow this  
FlyingSpur

Super Rep

JSJ

I would add the new IWC 3714 as a "super rep" as well as the 388002 Top Gun Miramar ceramic. Maybe a couple of other IWCs too. The Mk XVIIs with the A2892 are sweet, the stainless cased secs@6 Spitfire, the ceramic BP (I don't have one of those yet...).

I would not allow a 45mm BP CrPO as a super rep although I have three (black, pumpkin and Ti). The movement looks way off and with a clear case-back it is easy to see. However, I love the watches. They feel good and the rep bracelets are excellent. Just proves the point that it's very subjective.

The strap/bracelet can make a huge difference to the feel of the watch. A gen bracelet on a rep watch can feel gen. My SOH with a gen Milanese would be a case in point. I'd be very surprised if anyone, even an AD, could "call it out" without a very close examination, even though I won't try and find out.

deju

I would not allow a 45mm BP CrPO as a super rep although I have three (black, pumpkin and Ti). The movement looks way off and with a clear case-back it is easy to see. However, I love the watches. They feel good and the rep bracelets are excellent. Just proves the point that it's very subjective.

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

FlyingSpur

On the moral code thing... this is puzzling. Some would say you violate a moral code when you make the rep.... IMO

This is a bit like the people who call rep owners criminals and thieves. It's bullshit. We also don't make them we only buy them. There's a gulf of difference between spending some money buying something that may be replica and buying something thats a replica and selling it as gen. One is not criminal the other is fraud

so by your statement you are potentially saying, that since we buy reps then we're all criminals who will then have no issue with our moral codes by going and defrauding someone.

No... what I said was "SOME would say you violate the moral code when you make the rep"... it was a general statement, not mine view per se.

I just bought a rep... I too feel it wasteful to buy a gen... but I do like many of the gen watches... so the rep is a alternative IMO.

Wriggles

Sorry but you suffixed it with the acronym "IMO"

In any normal interpretation of the english written word that classifies your opinion either partially or completely follows a similar line.

I personally don't really care what is or isn't your view, just pointing something out