ShovelnTC

So what happens to all of our old Reps?

gibbo88

Both my Tudor Pelagos and Cartier Santos Ultimate have broken within the first 14 months so.... i have £500 of broken replica watches :rolleyes:

BlueDog

Mine are in box(es)

stevok2305

Still got an old 2 tone YM that I bought before you could buy them on the internet (yes it really is that old). Never had the back off so don't know what the movement is but it still starts first swirl and keeps great time. Ok the gold is worn and the bracelet is tinny but still wear it when doing the garden or DIY stuff.

GenTLe
Both my Tudor Pelagos and Cartier Santos Ultimate have broken within the first 14 months so.... i have £500 of broken replica watches :rolleyes:

Sell them or fix them, why keep them, broken, in a box?

wannashmooze

I still have most of my reps. Unfortunately they end up in the bottom of a drawer and I dont think anyone wants them.

A 10 year old patek with gold plate worn off, a really bad looking DJ from Canal Sreet. I take them out and look at them once in a while and marcel at how far we have come in th rep world.

gibbo88

I don't have adequate posts to sell them currently in the M2M section. And i've been quoted £100 each to service them, Find it hard to pay out another £200, when i could get a completely new watch for a little more.

GenTLe

I don't have adequate posts to sell them currently in the M2M section. And i've been quoted £100 each to service them, Find it hard to pay out another £200, when i could get a completely new watch for a little more.

Auch! Well you are missing just 17 posts, not that much ;)

And the I doubt you need a whole new movement for them, but even if, Asian 2824 comes for less than 70£

Bash64

I still wear many of my older ones. They're not "old" but I have a few 5 year olds that still get worn in rotation. As someone said earlier, if you wear them in a rotation, it takes longer to wear them out.

keishakornbread

I'm new here and still lurking, but are the older replicas better than the more recent ones in terms of quality?

tabuktime
On 05/02/2017 at 03:25, GenTLe said:

What does this post has to do with the thread??

Please read what you got in mail when you subscribed here, the answers are there.

At least it wasn't "nice watch".

A thought out post from a noob...

PlanetZoom
3 hours ago, keishakornbread said:

I'm new here and still lurking, but are the older replicas better than the more recent ones in terms of quality?

This sure is an old thread.

Depends on the rep.  I have some from the 90's that still work fine.