Sign in to follow this  
gottahaverolex

Strap help

gottahaverolex

Hey guys, I want to get a strap for the PAM 113 I just got from Robert but Panatime is out of every one I like and none of the dealers here seem to have stock in anything similar to Panatime. Can anyone suggets another good outlet for straps? I'd prefer to buy from somewhere here in the states so it doesn't take forever! Thanks!

guami007

I realize that you are looking for US based but you should consider Steve-O straps. In UK. Customer service is peerless, awesome quality and price, and turn-around time not too shabby.

www.steveostraps.com

gottahaverolex

Thanks guys! I'll check them both out!

Legger
I realize that you are looking for US based but you should consider Steve-O straps. In UK. Customer service is peerless, awesome quality and price, and turn-around time not too shabby.

www.steveostraps.com

I'd second that. Great straps at a very reasonable price. I have a 113 on stitched croc from Steveo and I love it.

gottahaverolex

After looking at a ton of sites I decided to order 2 straps from Kain Heritage. They look fantstic! I can't wait to get em'!

kolchak

www.steveostraps.com

I'd second that. Great straps at a very reasonable price. I have a 113 on stitched croc from Steveo and I love it.

+3 for Steveo...can't be;ieve the quality of his $40 straps. Check out the "king"

IMHO Getats are nice & soft & a great vaule but cant compare for Steveo

MikeMcNair

thats a shame, i have a few straps literaly laying around, brand new, never once installed on a watch.

if you decide you need another hit me up, i can drive up and drop it off.

instinct

By the way.. I want to ask what the measurements mean..

eg. 24/24 or 24/22, etc?

Also, how do I measure what sizes are my watch's straps?

I just got a PAM 111 and PAM 253.

Oh yeah, and also! Is there a tutorial on how I change the straps and buckles myself and what tools would I need..

Edited by instinct

Del

eg. 24/24 or 24/22, etc?

Oh yeah, and also! Is there a tutorial on how I change the straps and buckles myself and what tools would I need..

24/22 means 24mm width at the watch lugs and 22mm width at the buckle, i.e. it tapers. Naturally, a 24/24 strap doesn't taper :popcorn:.

instinct

eg. 24/24 or 24/22, etc?

24/22 means 24mm width at the watch lugs and 22mm width at the buckle, i.e. it tapers. Naturally, a 24/24 strap doesn't taper :popcorn:.

I see! Thanks for the explanation.

Would any type of springbar good for any watch? Especially Panerais... Or would I need a particular ones or sets?

Del
I see! Thanks for the explanation.

Would any type of springbar good for any watch? Especially Panerais... Or would I need a particular ones or sets?

No, any springbar for any watch is too general, Panerais are especially weird with the two main types being screw-in and quick release. Best to source specific springbars for specific watches ;)

Col just listed some in the RWG shop - see the recent thread :beer2: