Sign in to follow this  
Ray

SS 316L vs SS 316F

Ray

I asked a question using the shoutbox, got a couple replies but not what I was looking for so I google it and found this ( see link ). Great info but which is better (316F around $50 extra) you decide!

http://www.wrist-check.com/showthread.php?...-316F-Question..

Can you guys in the know point me to a Trusted Dealer that is up on Breitlings.

Edited by Ray

Drhulee

Only problem is you never know what grade of steel you are actually getting with reps. Never believe the claimed grade.

Ray

Even when dealing with a RWG Trusted Dealer?

Wiz

Yup, dealers just copy/paste the descriptions makers give them.

This steel grade thing is one of the little white lies of the replica world. It's like when they say it's made with a genuine as sample... Not true :(

Del
Can you guys in the know point me to a Trusted Dealer that is up on Breitlings.

Mary is pretty good with Breitlings - she has supplied many SOSFs recently, and does the Skyland v2 and v3, and the SOHv2. I'm sure she can get most Breitling reps that exist since she operates out of China.

Best to email her with your requirements and ideally a photo of the watch you want - she will get back to you and let you know if it's available or not.

PrestigeWatchCo and ReplicaMake have also listed Breitlings fairly recently too.

Ray

Many thanks to you all for your replies and suggestions. Del, I will PM Mary soon when I have figured out how to get an image of the watch I am interested in into the PM.

Edited by Ray

NFleischer

Most people seem to agree that the 316F steel is abit brighter.

mad dawg

There was a good article on rep geek where some one tested the rep cases via PMI (google it). I'll try to find it.

Wiz
Most people seem to agree that the 316F steel is abit brighter.

Actually the 316L looks a bit "whiter", because it's a low carbon steel. The 316F is a forging steel, very unlikely to find any watch case made out of it.

Ray

I have found that this subject has bean discussed on several sites including wrist-check.com the only conclusion I can make is IF 316F SS is used that it is easier to mill due to it's structure and

can be polished to a higher degree of shine also is supposed to be a little darker.

The big question remains 'what is true' is 316L or 316F used, I suppose you pay your money and you take a chance. :)

graman

Hmmmm....no expert here....

It's steel, which is a component of a replica watch....sold for a fraction of the gen price.

I'm happy if it's steel, and that's fine by me! :)

Ray

I got to agree with graman, it's a few hundred dollar's against several thousand.

Balad1
Many thanks to you all for your replies and suggestions. Del, I will PM Mary soon when I have figured out how to get an image of the watch I am interested in into the PM.

Best to just email her directly and attach your photo: [email protected]

Nisv
Hmmmm....no expert here....

It's steel, which is a component of a replica watch....sold for a fraction of the gen price.

I'm happy if it's steel, and that's fine by me! :popcorn:

:popcorn:

Words of wisdom, Graman :)

I hear you ;)