Sign in to follow this  
Snook

Reg vs noob movement sweep, is it that noticeable?

trailboss99

Tis all but mental masturbation

No, 'tis all about what a buyer wants and what he is willing to spend to get it.

I'm no anal and I can see the difference betwixt high and low beat movements.

narikaa

It was an allusion to the insular solitary pleasure derived from something only their consciousness appreciates

That it exists and people will pay in escalating increments for the joy is a given

Amac

I've always wondered why rep makers aren't using the quartz movement that sweeps like the ones in some Bulova watches. Seems to me like a good way to eliminate accuracy and and other automatic movement problems. I'd definitely buy one.

purger72

I have 47 year old Orient weekly, it runs 18000 bph and it doesnt bother me. Actually it is nice smove sweep.what is the issue like with one 2813 that has a stutter to it.

Once I notice yhe stutter it plays on your mind and there is a problem.

Other thing is the size of the dial.

Bigger dial bigger seconds hand , easyer to spot the difference.

BabaNJ
I've always wondered why rep makers aren't using the quartz movement that sweeps like the ones in some Bulova watches. Seems to me like a good way to eliminate accuracy and and other automatic movement problems. I'd definitely buy one.

I bought a bulova accutron lobster reissue. Only quartz i have. I love the smooth sweep. Now the stutter on all my 21j's annoys me and i seriously looked into fitting my accutron movement in one of my reps. Then i did some research and found out the dial is impossible or at least very hard to seprate from movement without damaging it. So i am sticking with my 21j's stuttering. But like someone said good thing is they are easy to replace. Hell i picked 2 movements on rwi m2m for $15 last week lol.

Edited by Jaysembhi