Nikosaldente

Post your IWC watches here!

frankfrank
3 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Don't let a 7750 movement to have the chronograph engaged for nothing. That movement is not designed for that and will be damaged after some time.
Stop the chronograph, reset it to 12 and use the running seconds at 9 and the time / date function.

Thank you wise one, I appreciate the heads up!

Robert11
Don't let a 7750 movement to have the chronograph engaged for nothing. That movement is not designed for that and will be damaged after some time.
Stop the chronograph, reset it to 12 and use the running seconds at 9 and the time / date function.

Well actually the 7750 is designed for that. But you’re right the Asian versions are touchy and you’re better off not engaging it or
It may cause issues.

Sent from my satellite phone.

PlanetZoom

hk285yU.jpg

GenTLe

Well actually the 7750 is designed for that. But you’re right the Asian versions are touchy and you’re better off not engaging it or
It may cause issues.

Nope, also the genuine 775x isn't made to have the chrono engaged all the time. It has a tilting pinion to engage the chronograph and it is not good for its health to run continuosly. It not only reduce amplitude and therefore has an impact on time keeping accuracy, but also reduce the time between services and this is valid for all the mechanical chronos :)

fabbe79

I have to say I have several A7750 I have my watchsmith check them and as long as they are used as they should I use the chrono with no fear and I am fully satisfied! af7877f9111a21abea3619413fcc4d64.jpg6e9b74e4bec3f64ae5e2893a30d759a7.jpg

Robert11
Nope, also the genuine 775x isn't made to have the chrono engaged all the time. It has a tilting pinion to engage the chronograph and it is not good for its health to run continuosly. It not only reduce amplitude and therefore has an impact on time keeping accuracy, but also reduce the time between services and this is valid for all the mechanical chronos smile.png

I never claimed you should run it continuously all the time. But if that was your point ok. My point was that the 7750 is designed as a chronograph so in general running it is not any issue unless it’s Asian in which case should generally be avoided.

GenTLe

I never claimed you should run it continuously all the time. But if that was your point ok.

Yep, that was my point :) Asian 7750 are dry of oil along the chrono engagement levers, that's what can make them to fail (bending levers and so on). So it can be risky to engage the chronograph (on Asian not serviced).
On 775x in general it is good to avoid letting the chrono running all the time, but for the reasons I wrote upper :)

Sgang
Lovely combination with that strap

Nice strap, where did you buy it?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

PlanetZoom

PX0YCDz.jpg

Ziggymarly

What would you recommend for a wrist <7inches?

PlanetZoom

mgKVkSu.jpg

tim2827

255c8337896f7f3d684a43e5230581ee.jpg

Nice classic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike777

My 5 year old Top Gun.

09_F5_D30_D-_BD61-4_C96-9068-9706_F9338_

PlanetZoom

UdpHu6E.jpg

fabbe79

fa5810d24033cd5f7baadfacb40cf403.jpg

breitling pilot

Hi guys here is my top gun chrono I’ve had for around 3 years now . Does anyone know where I can get the crystal replaced with a good AR coated sapphire crystal ? The one that came with the watch is just mineral with little to no AR coating . It was purchased from kingwatch back in 2015 and at the time I didn’t realise it wasn’t equipped with a Saphire crystal . Thanks for any help guys . 

http://IMG_2135_zpsb50ff91e.jpg 

GenTLe
Hi guys here is my top gun chrono I’ve had for around 3 years now . Does anyone know where I can get the crystal replaced with a good AR coated sapphire crystal ? The one that came with the watch is just mineral with little to no AR coating . It was purchased from kingwatch back in 2015 and at the time I didn’t realise it wasn’t equipped with a Saphire crystal . Thanks for any help guys . 

IMG_2135_zpsb50ff91e.jpg 

Are you sure it is mineral? I have the same one (7750 movement) and as always I tested it and it definitively has sapphire.

breitling pilot

Yup it’s definitely not saphire , there are allot of small hairline scratches all over the crystal as well as the crystal on the back that’s meant to protect the top gun logo . 

PlanetZoom

KV4E08R.jpg

thecav
On 07/07/2018 at 23:26, PlanetZoom said:

mgKVkSu.jpg

Nice one!! 

skraja69

New IWC heritage full titanium 40c2ac6ed2c1bb8991d012dce14f45f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

semperfi55

image.jpg

Lbisto

New to this but i cant get over how authentic all of these watches look. 

semperfi55
21 minutes ago, Lbisto said:

New to this but i cant get over how authentic all of these watches look. 

Hi there, welcome to RWG! :) 

They do look pretty good don't they! Except mine lol, it's a cheapie that's suppose to look like one of the top gun ones.

Jackflash

IWC XVI today
38259ad4b5f99ed7f01058b268e7ab7e.jpg