Sign in to follow this  
RepGuy

Thoughts on this brand?

RepGuy

I recently saw a thread on her speaking about tritium watches, and it got me interested in looking around for what was available. I have come across a brand called Yelang, which appears to be a Japanese brand. They have one model that appears to be a decent piece for the money. With 100m of water resistance, T100 tubes, sapphire crystal, and even an automatic Seiko movement, it seems like a solid piece, and only coming in at $280. Does anyone have any experience with this brand, or own one that can comment on the general build quality for the price? It would be nice to have a decent watch I can take out without the fear of getting it wet!

Here't the link to Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/YELANG-Calendar-Luminous-Business-Wristwatch/dp/B01CR1MPAW/ref=pd_sbs_241_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01CR1MPAW&pd_rd_r=G9XQ4SB7VF7SXK9PQTK1&pd_rd_w=zYmlM&pd_rd_wg=3rOf7&psc=1&refRID=G9XQ4SB7VF7SXK9PQTK1

JackJ1980

Never seen one but tritium tubes can be tricky. While doesn't need charging it doesn't mean they are going to be a flashlight either. Would need to see the luminous before I could offer any advice. Half life is shorter but we're talking decades so no biggie.

Andylaw1919

Yelang is one of those Chinese mushroom brands that likes to lie about how they have this magnificent history.

Usually these mushroom brands overate the water resistance rating and most of the time the crystal is only sapphire coated.

Personally I think its kinda overpriced for what it is. But if you like it go for it!

Genius

Very much a ball homage