Sign in to follow this  
PeterWorcester

Two new arrivals, in heaven !

PeterWorcester

Ahhhh… That great feeling when the watch you've been waiting for finally arrive at your door and you can't wait to tear into all that bubble wrap and find the little beauty you've been anxiously awaiting.

Well, Two days ago I hit the "Daily Double" and both watches I'd been waiting for arrived.

I ordered Robert's beautiful DSSD, this time I also had it "pre-serviced", oiled, lubed, calibrated and I'm happy to say that the extra $ is well worth the price, It keeps flawless time, and I mean literally no variation in 3 days now. I'm only sorry that the pics below don't really do the watch justice, I'm just not getting the hang of it yet. So I apologize in advance, but I figured this is a VERY popular watch and so we've all seen them, I also spaced on the wrist shot of this one.

It's truly a masterpiece though, everything is about as perfect, to my eye, as I can tell. Love the feel and thecraftsmanship. (I'd been wearing the $88 DSSD and loved that one but this one just looks nicer)

The next watch is the Breitling SuperOcean, with the 2836 2 movement, black dial and SS bracelet. This one also keeps near perfect time, It's running with maybe +/- 1 second a day. I love this watch, love the feel and it's beautifully made and feels really nice on the wrist, not as hefty as the DSSD but pretty solid. Once again the pictures probably don't do it justice but it's a beautiful. The band feels great, I have a gen Blackhawk with the older smaller linked band and I like the feel of this one better.

I am one happy camper. I like them both so much it's a struggle to switch them up. Ok now for the prerequisite photos

First the DSSD fro Robert

Dssd_6.jpg

Dssd_5.jpg

Dssd_4.jpg

Dssd_3.jpg

Dssd_2.jpg

Dssd_1.jpg

Now for the Breitling SuperOcean

So_1.jpg

So_2.jpg

So_3.jpg

So_4.jpg

So_5.jpg

So_6.jpg

So_7.jpg

Balad1

Two great looking watches; you have good taste.

Member X

Nice choices! :beer2:

mondeov6

Very nice choices!! Congrats and enjoy!! :beer2:

Rav747

Nice! Congrats.

Note to self: must get Roberts DSSD!

boneyjr

Where did u get the Breitling? And for how much.. if u don't mind me asking :beer2:

Del

Two great watches Peter - congrats :beer2:

Ped

Take the divers extension off the DSSD and it'll be even more comfy!

PeterWorcester
Where did u get the Breitling? And for how much.. if u don't mind me asking :lol:

B,

Got the Breitling from Silix-Prime, it says that its the Swiss ETA-2824 movement but when I opened it up it sure looks like a 2836 2 to me, but I'm no expert so they could be identical.

It's this one http://www.silix-prime.com/bres048-p-2155.html and it was $270 but I just noticed that it's now $275 ????

I also have the SuperOcean with the "brand new ETA 2836" movement, white face and leather strap on order from Mary at WatchesInternational. Her's is the 44mm case and is $274.

(I know, why would I want two of the same watches? The white face and leather strap, to me, is a little dressier for those occasions)

Cheers

Peter

PeterWorcester
Two great watches Peter - congrats :lol:

Thanks Del,

I also have the 44mm SOSF with the White dial and leather strap on order with Mary with the "brand new ETA 2836" movement, which I think I saw on your wrist and loved it. I can't wait for that one. It's a very classy looking watch.

Cheers,

Peter

boneyjr

From my noob reading, the only difference between the 2824 and 2836 is the addition of the date function -- which yours has right? so it's all good i think. but i could be wrong :lol:

MikeMcNair

awesome choices bro!!! well done. please tell me that is a small piece of lint on the dssd @ 12?

oh and dry lube the bracelet of both, you wont be sorry!!!!!!!!

PeterWorcester
awesome choices bro!!! well done. please tell me that is a small piece of lint on the dssd @ 12?

oh and dry lube the bracelet of both, you wont be sorry!!!!!!!!

Mike,

LOL yeah, I saw that piece of lint when I posted the pic here, missed it in Aperture and in Photobucket. I was sure some one would pick up on that, good catch.

What do you use for dry lube for the SS bracelets ?

Cheers,

Peter

50 Fathoms

Great deliveries. When I am ready that is the DSSD of my choice. Enjoy!!

jameo210369

Nice pics Peter, thank for sharing.

Aren

Great watches Peter, nice choices and nice pix.

I am so glad that you are happy!

:Whistle:

Wear them in good health. :lol:

Cynikal.Mindset
Take the divers extension off the DSSD and it'll be even more comfy!

that's just silly talk! I have 2 DSSDs and they are comfortable with the DEs still on them. Maybe for a small wrist it might help but on an average to larger size wrist the extension link has no bearing on comfort