Sign in to follow this  
nivenj

Bell and Ross

nivenj

I asked simple questions. If you had stated that you've had it in hand and tested the functions and had the movement verified then I wouldn't have asked them and you wouldn't have to get uppity over me asking the questions!

And why targeting my comments for your post about people being quick to judge? plenty other comments here far worse than mine

You asked questions, don't like the answers? Well don't ask questions then.

If you ask on a public forum then learn to accept you might not like the responses.

A lot of people myself included are assuming that you are asking in advance of a purchase, you've not really given any information about the purpose of your questions. If you're going to be a little vague and obtuse then you may get vague and obtuse in return.

Now my next question is, if you've had it verified why are you asking these questions? Surely if it's been verified you had it verified in an AD who could validate its authenticity without coming to a rep forum to ask if it's rep.

I refer you to my first post, where I suggest it might be a franken. Plenty of reps have had gen movements installed later. My reason for asking the question was in the hope that someone who is more knowledgable on B&R watches than I could shed some light on this particular watch as I am unable to find anything out there with this combination of dial and case in either rep or gen format. Please feel free to not comment unless you can actually help.

Wriggles

I asked simple questions. If you had stated that you've had it in hand and tested the functions and had the movement verified then I wouldn't have asked them and you wouldn't have to get uppity over me asking the questions!

And why targeting my comments for your post about people being quick to judge? plenty other comments here far worse than mine

If you ask on a public forum then learn to accept you might not like the responses.

A lot of people myself included are assuming that you are asking in advance of a purchase, you've not really given any information about the purpose of your questions. If you're going to be a little vague and obtuse then you may get vague and obtuse in return.

Now my next question is, if you've had it verified why are you asking these questions? Surely if it's been verified you had it verified in an AD who could validate its authenticity without coming to a rep forum to ask if it's rep.

I refer you to my first post, where I suggest it might be a franken. Plenty of reps have had gen movements installed later. My reason for asking the question was in the hope that someone who is more knowledgable on B&R watches than I could shed some light on this particular watch as I am unable to find anything out there with this combination of dial and case in either rep or gen format. Please feel free to not comment unless you can actually help.

I'm still waiting to hear if you had it verified why are you here asking? You can get this verified in an AD if you so wish. You also haven't answered if you've bought it or are thinking of buying it.

The simple fact you yourself have been unable to find anything gen or rep like it out there surely answers any questions you might have, particularly the gen bit.

Maybe you've bought it and now realised you spent big money on something thats not necessarily genuine and hoping someone can reassure you you've got a great deal, franken or not. Franken's a bit pointless really if you make a franken thats nothing like a gen. You could put a gen Rolex movement in an Invicta, it's still an Invicta.

I'll comment as freely as I wish, it's an open forum and you posted publicly, again don't like the answers then don't like the questions. Again, why single out my comments? Hardly the worst that were posted here. Or has my comments just been a little close to the bone for your liking, truth hurts and all that.

Doesn't really bother me, I actually was only trying to help, whether you like to see it as that or not, you're perfectly welcome to do as you wish, you're also free to be as much of a cock about it as you wish.

black263

1. I'm confused about those metal "shoulders" around the screws on the front. Can't say I've ever seen that feature, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

2. The gen BR 03-51 doesn't have any pushers, with the date and second time being set by the crown.

3. If it's a gen ETA inside, which ETA movement needs a single pusher and crown to operate it? I've never seen one.

nivenj

I'm still waiting to hear if you had it verified why are you here asking? You can get this verified in an AD if you so wish. You also haven't answered if you've bought it or are thinking of buying it.

The simple fact you yourself have been unable to find anything gen or rep like it out there surely answers any questions you might have, particularly the gen bit.

Maybe you've bought it and now realised you spent big money on something thats not necessarily genuine and hoping someone can reassure you you've got a great deal, franken or not. Franken's a bit pointless really if you make a franken thats nothing like a gen. You could put a gen Rolex movement in an Invicta, it's still an Invicta.

I'll comment as freely as I wish, it's an open forum and you posted publicly, again don't like the answers then don't like the questions. Again, why single out my comments? Hardly the worst that were posted here. Or has my comments just been a little close to the bone for your liking, truth hurts and all that.

Doesn't really bother me, I actually was only trying to help, whether you like to see it as that or not, you're perfectly welcome to do as you wish, you're also free to be as much of a cock about it as you wish.

I didnt answer the buying or bought question as it is irrelevant to the post, much like most of your response. Reverting to name calling just about sums you up. Now move along, i think i can hear your mommy calling you for your din dins.

black263

OOOO-ERRRRR. Handbags at 5 paces. Nivenj - getting into a spat with Wriggles isn't going to end well. Let's just say that you assume it's a Gen watch, which is why you posted in the Gen Watch Review section of the forum. I'ts not. It's utter shite. Now shut up and move on.

nivenj

OOOO-ERRRRR. Handbags at 5 paces. Nivenj - getting into a spat with Wriggles isn't going to end well. Let's just say that you assume it's a Gen watch, which is why you posted in the Gen Watch Review section of the forum. I'ts not. It's utter shite. Now shut up and move on.

Troll much?

nivenj

1. I'm confused about those metal "shoulders" around the screws on the front. Can't say I've ever seen that feature, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Obviously you know nothing about B&R watches so why bother posting trite responses. Oh wait, 6286 posts, I guess posting is a bit of a necessity for you.

https://www.bellross.com/our-collections/Instruments/br-01-46-mm/br-01-tourbillon/br-01-tourbillon

Wriggles

I didnt answer the buying or bought question as it is irrelevant to the post, much like most of your response. Reverting to name calling just about sums you up. Now move along, i think i can hear your mommy calling you for your din dins.

I'll move along as and when I wish, this is not your forum, and you most certainly don't get to tell me or anyone else really what they should or should not do.

You can get as shirty as you like and cast whatever aspersions you like, it's no surprise it's how you deal with things. Did it make you feel better big man?

There was no name calling, I said you could act as much of a cock as you wished. I didn't say you were a cock, you can easily demonstrate that by yourself.

The question posed is completely relevant, in so far as it's as relevant as your topic.

If its neither one or the other then why post the topic in the first place. You have a vested interest, doesn't make sense otherwise, though thinking about it nonsensical might be apt after all.

Again you for some reason targeted my comments instead of the others which would be considered more inflamattory. Was it the fact I posted a vomit emoji on your purchase get you riled?

Without a doubt there has to be some vested interest here otherwise you wouldn't be getting your nose out of joint so easily when any aspersion is cast on the watch, if there wasn't you wouldn't be getting this riled up.

Looking back pretty much everyone has said either it's unlikely to be gen or that quite simply it's ugly as sin and beat to crap.

Your own search has shown there's no gen equivalent.

Yet you continue

A rational person would have seen my questions for what they were, a simple vehicle to elicit more information and think more about the watch and potential for being ripped off, and a discussion about such points could have taken place. You chose simply to get annoyed and smart arsed in return.

Says far more about you than me buddy.

FuzzyCoyote

Obviously you know nothing about B&R watches so why bother posting trite responses. Oh wait, 6286 posts, I guess posting is a bit of a necessity for you.

https://www.bellross.com/our-collections/Instruments/br-01-46-mm/br-01-tourbillon/br-01-tourbillon

Who the fuck is this ass clown...

Hopefully you spent loads on that utter tripe of a wristband. It's not real.

FuzzyCoyote

Also, I've eaten my din dins and mummy called me to make sure I had clean underwear on earlier today....

James.

This is totally gen and i think you should buy it. Additionally, i can get you a swell deal on London Bridge, guaranteed to appreciate in value, AND one of your unkniwn relatives was a Niegerian prince who left you billions. You'll just need to wire me a small banking tranfer fee...

:facepalm:

nivenj

Also, I've eaten my din dins and mummy called me to make sure I had clean underwear on earlier today....

underwear or nappy? Feel better now you've flexed those 2 brain cells?

FuzzyCoyote

underwear or nappy? Feel better now you've flexed those 2 brain cells?

Maxi pad actually.

Thanks for the compliment on the brain cells, been stuck at 1.5 for a while

#MovingOnUp

nivenj

I'll move along as and when I wish, this is not your forum, and you most certainly don't get to tell me or anyone else really what they should or should not do.

You can get as shirty as you like and cast whatever aspersions you like, it's no surprise it's how you deal with things. Did it make you feel better big man?

There was no name calling, I said you could act as much of a cock as you wished. I didn't say you were a cock, you can easily demonstrate that by yourself.

The question posed is completely relevant, in so far as it's as relevant as your topic.

If its neither one or the other then why post the topic in the first place. You have a vested interest, doesn't make sense otherwise, though thinking about it nonsensical might be apt after all.

Again you for some reason targeted my comments instead of the others which would be considered more inflamattory. Was it the fact I posted a vomit emoji on your purchase get you riled?

Without a doubt there has to be some vested interest here otherwise you wouldn't be getting your nose out of joint so easily when any aspersion is cast on the watch, if there wasn't you wouldn't be getting this riled up.

Looking back pretty much everyone has said either it's unlikely to be gen or that quite simply it's ugly as sin and beat to crap.

Your own search has shown there's no gen equivalent.

Yet you continue

A rational person would have seen my questions for what they were, a simple vehicle to elicit more information and think more about the watch and potential for being ripped off, and a discussion about such points could have taken place. You chose simply to get annoyed and smart arsed in return.

Says far more about you than me buddy.

A rational person would have asked if I could upload bigger pictures, instead you felt it necessary to use unnecessary expletives. A rational person would have asked the questions and not felt the need to suggest i was trying to push an agenda by just not bowing to uneducated guessing, and suggesting I was an easy mark.

An educated person, would know that suggesting someone is acting like a cock is the same as calling them a cock, but I accept this may be beyond your comprehension based on your demonstrated level of reasoning.

By all means, come back with more pointless and utterly banal thoughts.

Thelittleprince

OP..... Why so defensive? Are you selling this or something.....

Testing the waters what we think before selling it?

If not then accept the damn answers you got about this fake Bell and Ross! If you don't care that we think its not a gen why bother asking?

No reason to get defensive over this crap excuse of watch unless

A. Its actually yours and you want us convinced its gen

B. You got scammed with this and want to calm yourself down

C. Acutally theres no C, carry on....

BTW don't get all hyped up and calling out Wriggles just because he saw through your utter bullsh**

We all know what true intentions look like! Answer is no... no one will buy this crap from you... :P

Cheers

nivenj

If not then accept the damn answers you got about this fake Bell and Ross! If you don't care that we think its not a gen why bother asking?

No, Im not getting defensive on people saying its not gen, thats the point of the post. What I take offense to is the unnecessary language, insults and trolls that frequent this forum who seem hell bent on just winding people up. Its possible to give opinion, help and advice without being rude, demeaning and argumentative. I think statements like Nivenj - getting into a spat with Wriggles isn't going to end well" is a clear indication to me that certain people on this forum are renowned for inflammatory comments. I could just ignore them, but this time I am holding them to account and showing them up for the infantile scum that they are.

Thelittleprince

No, Im not getting defensive on people saying its not gen, thats the point of the post. What I take offense to is the unnecessary language, insults and trolls that frequent this forum who seem hell bent on just winding people up. Its possible to give opinion, help and advice without being rude, demeaning and argumentative. I think statements like Nivenj - getting into a spat with Wriggles isn't going to end well" is a clear indication to me that certain people on this forum are renowned for inflammatory comments. I could just ignore them, but this time I am holding them to account and showing them up for the infantile scum that they are.

Sounds good :thumbsup:

GLWS :lmao:

nivenj

Yet more unfounded assumptions.

Thelittleprince

More of an opinion rather than assumption.... after all this is a public forum?

nivenj

Buy a dictionary and learn the difference.

Thelittleprince

Sure thing, will have have a genuine dictionary on m2m soon?

nivenj

Sure thing, will have have a genuine dictionary on m2m soon?

lol whats have have?

Thelittleprince

Have have is a term when a person owns a sh*t fake watch and hopes to trick others into thinking its gen.

Or maybe i just have fat fingers a double clicked the suggestions :P

nivenj

Have have is a term when a person owns a sh*t fake watch and hopes to trick others into thinking its gen.

Or maybe i just have fat fingers a double clicked the suggestions :P

That makes no sense whatsoever. Are you ok? Do you need to have a lie down? Are your carers around?