Sign in to follow this  
AJB2

Trusty Time Discount

AJB2

Morning All!

Had an email from Andrew at Trusty Time with his latest offer...$15 off any 1 watch, $30 off any 2 watches, $45 off any 3 watches, or $60 off any 4 watches...this offer is running for the rest of the year... Codes are TTW01, TTW02, TTW03, TTW04 respectively

I am a bit gutted though, as I rushed to order a couple of watches over CNY (on which I'm still awaiting delivery!) to receive this very same promotion. I specifically asked him if it would be repeated later in the year at all? His reply..

"We don't run promotions like usd15 off a watch every time

But most of the time we do small discounts lesser than that"

Oh well...I'll quit moaning now...Just thought it maybe of interest to somebody that is about to order.

Cheers.

Martijn0007

If you want good prices go with other TDs. Andrew and Josh are often 10-20% more expensive than others.

AJB2

If you want good prices go with other TDs. Andrew and Josh are often 10-20% more expensive than others.

Thanks for the advice Chap...I'm looking at placing my next order with Steve at TheOneWatches...I figure you don't know what a dealer is like until you try them.

Edited by AJB2

Mikrotsutsunos

Thank you for the advice Martijin, we'll keep that in mind. Also thanks AJB2 for telling us what happened. I also received the same e-mail from TrustyTime...

doodoowah57

Unfortunately with Trusty's $15/watch discount, it DOESN'T run in conjunction with any other offer. In particular, paying by WU. One may get a better final price by paying WU and not taking the $15/watch.

I believe TSW has a better discount: 15% with WU, POSB or bank transfer; or 16% from other dealers' offerings. I don't suggest using CC as their gateway will ding you for an additional 10% or so as they will charge you in RMB.

AJB2

Unfortunately with Trusty's $15/watch discount, it DOESN'T run in conjunction with any other offer. In particular, paying by WU. One may get a better final price by paying WU and not taking the $15/watch.

I believe TSW has a better discount: 15% with WU, POSB or bank transfer; or 16% from other dealers' offerings. I don't suggest using CC as their gateway will ding you for an additional 10% or so as they will charge you in RMB.

Can you tell me a bit more about this CC payment please? I paid Andrew by Paypal CC & it just went through as dollars being converted to pounds. The only way I can pay Steve at Theonewatches is by CC & I just assumed it again would be billed in Dollars converted to pounds? The reason I am hesitating with Steve is that my virus guard is telling me that his payment page is unsecured...Thing is, he has exactly what I want including the box...He also offers 20% discount & a free Mont blanc pen...

FlyingSpur

Two days ago I received my Breitling from Trusty... Andrew. From time of order, QC pics etc... I received the watch in 3 days. The watch is exquisite. And I paid with PayPal

I can't speak for the others but who really cares if there is a difference of a few bucks.

Martijn0007

Thanks for the advice Chap...I'm looking at placing my next order with Steve at TheOneWatches...I figure you don't know what a dealer is like until you try them.

We all have our preferences but all our dealers are trusted. It's very easy to order from Andrew, basically every watch is listed on his website and you can pay by Paypal. Pretty much like buying on Amazon or eBay. That's some extra service from his side and justifies the higher price in my opinion.

Other dealers require some more effort. You have to e-mail them, ask if they can get a watch, wait for a reply, ask for payment details etc. It might take a few days till you finally place your order but it might be for a lower price.

doodoowah57

We all have our preferences but all our dealers are trusted. It's very easy to order from Andrew, basically every watch is listed on his website and you can pay by Paypal. Pretty much like buying on Amazon or eBay. That's some extra service from his side and justifies the higher price in my opinion.

Other dealers require some more effort. You have to e-mail them, ask if they can get a watch, wait for a reply, ask for payment details etc. It might take a few days till you finally place your order but it might be for a lower price.

I agree - it all boils to down to personal preference. My first rep purchase was with PC, selected the reps; asked for availability; and paid by Paypal ... simple & effortless. With some other TDs, I had to obtain WU at a minor expense, but this was easily offset by the discount given for WU payment. Important factor to consider is after-sales service (hopefully none is needed).

doodoowah57

Can you tell me a bit more about this CC payment please? I paid Andrew by Paypal CC & it just went through as dollars being converted to pounds. The only way I can pay Steve at Theonewatches is by CC & I just assumed it again would be billed in Dollars converted to pounds? The reason I am hesitating with Steve is that my virus guard is telling me that his payment page is unsecured...Thing is, he has exactly what I want including the box...He also offers 20% discount & a free Mont blanc pen...

My only CC purchase was with TSW - their site prices are in USD, but when they charge your card, they do so in RMB at an inflated rate (perhaps so as to get their net amount at the official rate ???). It appears that there are too many middlemen trying to make a few bucks. In my transaction, the Christmas discount of 15% was almost entirely negated because of my use of a CC; convenient but not cost-effective.

AJB2

Two days ago I received my Breitling from Trusty... Andrew. From time of order, QC pics etc... I received the watch in 3 days. The watch is exquisite. And I paid with PayPal

I can't speak for the others but who really cares if there is a difference of a few bucks.

I ordered on 31st Jan & am still waiting :( Hopefully not long now though...

FlyingSpur

I ordered on 31st Jan & am still waiting :( Hopefully not long now though...

I was ready to order in Jan too... but purposely waited until I was sure everyone was back from CNY... Maybe I go lucky...

phone

I realized too late that these guys charge too much anyway, better to go with Toro or something.

doodoowah57

I wrote to Trusty's for clarification as I had earlier read that discounts are not "combined" - his response was "$15 discount per watch, AND another 8% should you chose to use WU." ... pretty good deal; especially on inexpensive 2813 movements

AJB2

Well...I got my watch & all was good...Then it broke :sad: Andrew @ TrustyTime was really quick to respond to my email &, as we speak, the watch is on it's way back to him for repair/exchange.

If this all goes well I will eat a big slice of humble pie, NEVER change to another dealer & place all future orders with Andrew.

I figure it may not always be about the initial cost but the after sales service as well...Let's see how it pans out...