GC

The Devil Is In The Details... Hublot Big Bang Maradona

GC

First off I would like to thank WakoBirdKeeper for this stunner of a watch! His service is second to none, his shipping is lightning fast and his prices are phenomenal. This particular watch is the best of two worlds... a combination if a 7750 case set paired with a quartz movt that doesn't have a running sec as per Gen. Needless to say I'm a fan!

You don't have to like Hublot, hell I don't like Hublot...but the color combo is to die for! I was a bit hesitant to try a Hublot but now I'm glad that I did...on to the pics!

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_3057.jpg

IMG_3058.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg

IMG_3072.jpg

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3070.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3071.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

thanks for letting me share

GC

Akira

Don't like the watch much....

But the photos are killer !!!!

Awesome :lol:

jameo210369

As above, awesome pics but not sure about the watch. She may grow on me.

pollux1

Great pics as usual GC! Not a big fan of that Hublot although I do love my big bang.

WebWind
... hell I don't like Hublot...but the color combo is to die for!

+1000

... and pics are awesome, as always :popcorn:

Del

I do like the watch and colour combo but as I said in your other thread I don't like the fact that Diego Maradona's signature is on it. If you could get it just like a normal Big Bang in those colours then I'd be all over it!

However, I can fully appreciate what you like about it and the "no running seconds" quartz is a nice touch.

And it goes without saying that your photos are superb as usual ;)

Enjoy your new watch GC, and thanks for another installment of "The Devil Is In The Details" :popcorn:

bme

10.jpg

Cheating little bastard!

Ska

Photo-gasm!!!!

:popcorn:

You're a fucking genius mate (and I even quite like the watch - just don't tell Baldrick)

Rav747

TBH, i was waiting for him to drop the price on that one. I have been eying it for months now. Congrats and great shots(AS USUAL)

Any chance of a wristie?

Edited by Rav747

WebWind
10.jpg

Cheating little bastard!

You mean Gods hand? :popcorn:

bme
10.jpg

Cheating little bastard!

You mean Gods hand? :popcorn:

Hand of God my arse!

Cheating little pikey more like!

GC

"Hand of God"... :popcorn:

Thanks for the cool comments!

GC
Photo-gasm!!!!

:popcorn:

You're a fucking genius mate (and I even quite like the watch - just don't tell Baldrick)

Yeah, just waiting for Baldy to chime in...:Whistle: The macro of the bezel screw is just for him...he hates those screws ;)

TBH, i was waiting for him to drop the price on that one. I have been eying it for months now. Congrats and great shots(AS USUAL)

Any chance of a wristie?

I waited and waited for him to drop the price...than i PM'd him and asked...he took care of me.

sorry I don't do wristies...i hate them!

Rav747

Ya, i never thought of pm-ing him. Great catch!

Its cool, i was just curious how it would look.

Cynikal.Mindset

now any mall janitor can disassemble your watch while replacing loo rolls

Baldrick

Now, GC, I always thought of you as a classy kinda guy, but, sorry, there's just nothing classy in any way shape or form about that watch, regardless of the name on the dial, it's garish, the casework looks very poorly finished, the screws are all chibbed up, I mean look at the edges of the screws they're more ragged than Rab C Nesbitt's simmit ( for US member's ..Charlie Chaplin's vest ), look at the rough surface on the crown, if that's the same case as a 7750, I'll bare my ass in Macy's window, compare it to an A7750 from a few years ago, it doesn't look anywhere near the quality, sorry my friend, i really don't mean to piss on your Chateaubriand, but you let yourself be swayed by some pretty colours, although I'm sure it won't stop you enjoying the watch, it has a plus point tho', it's quartz which means it'll keep great time, great photos tho :D

324HUBLOTBIGBANG1.jpg

324HUBLOTBIGBANG2.jpg

324HUBLOTBIGBANG3.jpg

324HUBLOTBIGBANG4.jpg

324HUBLOTBIGBANG5A.jpg

324HUBLOTBIGBANG6A.jpg

324HUBLOTBIGBANG7.jpg

324HUBLOTBIGBANG8.jpg

324HUBLOTBIGBANG9.jpg

324HUBLOTBIGBANG10.jpg

Now compare it to an AP ROO and look at the difference in overall finish, both reps, both a world apart and the same observation applies in the genuines, the ROO exudes a feeling of being 'hewn from solid', the BB feels as tho' it's made from a Meccano kit, the ROO is a quality item, the HBB is simply a great exercise in marketing, convincing people that a watch that should cost no more than a similar Oris ( which are far better quality pieces ), is a haute horologie item, demonstrating that you can pull the wool over some people's eyes, especially the Beckham et al wannabe's.

455APROOSECS12B.jpg

455APROOSECS12C.jpg

455APROOSECS12E.jpg

455APROOSECS12F.jpg

Anyone with truly good taste would never consider a BB, ...Gerald Genta is a great designer, ( Patek Nautilus, Vacheron Overseas, AP Royal Oak amongst others ), Jean Claude Biver is a great marketeer, just like the watches tho', they're world's apart, Biver would turn up to the opening of an envelope and hand out kick-backs left right and center for the exclusive rights to the venue, personality or event.....Carlo Croco is now laughing all the way to the bank and a lot of people are swanning about in the buff, believing they're clothed in ermine and sable :rofl:....JMO, BIKIR B)

BTW, I don't "hate" the screws, what I hate is the blatantly poor and obvious sacrifice of good design regarding the finishing of an 'allegedly' haute horologie piece, subordinated to sophisticated marketing hype by an admitted PR executive.

If you know anything of JCB's history in the watch industry, it is patently obvious where his priorities lie !

Here's the prime example of what I speak of, this is a $10,000+ watch with a pedestrian 7750 ebauche, a SUNKEN date-wheel ala rep standard, and a complete disregard for design cohesiveness, I know if I was paying $10,000+ for a watch, I'd want the bezel screws 'aligned' properly, this isn't a flaw in the reps, it's the actuality in the genuines, the screws are like a row of desecrated cemetery headstones, I mean, given the choice between a pretty L.A. hooker with perfectly formed and aligned teeth or an Appalachian hog humper's dentally challenged in-bred sister, which would you choose, ...yeah, yeah, I know, the Appalachian, but you can't have her, JohnG married her and she's off the market now B)

454HUBLOTBBCERAMIC1ACOPY.jpg

greg_r

Great photos, GC.

The watch, however... :D

phaedo

Isn't 'Diego' a racial slur? Why would a company call their watch a 'Diego' in that event?

Baldrick

I think you mean "Dago", significant difference :lol:

Mystery Shopper

Did you go for the BB or BB King? I like the colours and the mini cocaine lines that make up the 10. Diego 'stash' inspired.

Don't let the haters bother you. Not everybody likes screws aligned, colour sorted smarties & clothes pegs. Some people just don't get reasonably priced art ;)

SAM_0271.jpg

Del
...I mean look at the edges of the screws they're more ragged than Rab C Nesbitt's simmit ( for US member's ..Charlie Chaplin's vest )...

...the screws are like a row of desecrated cemetery headstones, I mean, given the choice between a pretty L.A. hooker with perfectly formed and aligned teeth or an Appalachian hog humper's dentally challenged in-bred sister, which would you choose,...

:gayvikingmusic: ;):paddy_beer: :D:paddy_beer: :D:paddy_beer: :cheerleader2::paddy_beer: :cheerleader2:

I need to write these down :cheerleader2:

(Sorry GC, I just thought these quotes were hilarious!)

dingle

Added to the "Devil in the Details list" B)

GC
If that's the same case as a 7750, I'll bare my ass in Macy's window

I'm sure it won't stop you enjoying the watch, it has a plus point tho', it's quartz which means it'll keep great time, great photos tho :)

The ROO exudes a feeling of being 'hewn from solid', the BB feels as tho' it's made from a Meccano kit.

Anyone with truly good taste would never consider a BB, ...

Baldy, I knew you would luv it! :o

This is the first Hublot i've every bought or handled, if it's not a 7750 case than I'll take your experience over what WBK said.

You are right, it won't stop me from enjoying the watch, albeit it's not a daily wearer. But for $120 it's 99% accurate to the gen, wears super comfy (the strap and clasp are a dream) and i personally luv the color combo. At the end of the day it's a watch (an inexpensive watch at that)... and a welcome addition to my diversified collection.

I agree about the ROO vs. BB "feel", i own a quartz version ROO (roughly the same price as this one) and there are truly worlds apart in quality & feel.

I disagree about the "good taste" aspect... but hey, maybe i have bad taste?

And for the record, i always appreciate your input and view.

GC

Phil3007

very nice pics and the watch also looks very nice