Sign in to follow this  
Bwatchful

AP diver rotor frozen

Bwatchful

Hi folks,

Received a JF V8 diver today and the rotor is frozen and does not move at all.

I am presuming this is not correct and wondered if there was any quick fix I could do myself or if it's a matter of sending back to be serviced?

Thank you in advance as always.

phone

Try not to send it back. Bring it to a local watch smith and they can fix it for you. Not worth sending all the way back to china.

Thelittleprince
Try not to send it back. Bring it to a local watch smith and they can fix it for you. Not worth sending all the way back to china.

+1 should be an easy fix

Bwatchful

The movement itself is working fine it's purely the rotor that's frozen. Seems like it just needs loosening up to move freely but I don't know if it would mess things up with the watch.

Bwatchful

+1 should be an easy fix

Do you think just up screw the case back and have a look myself? The time keeping element is working fine the rotor is purely for show by the looks of things.

Thelittleprince

+1 should be an easy fix

Do you think just up screw the case back and have a look myself? The time keeping element is working fine the rotor is purely for show by the looks of things.

If your dont have experince then no... better not make it worst than just a simple fix you know what i mean?

Bwatchful

Yes I know what you mean!

Not somethings I've seen before so a little frustrating as only just received the watch!

Appreciate your help guys :)