avc0002

Anyone heard of Dan Henry Watches???

greg_r

If I didn't have an LLD, I would be all over that compressor.

And honestly, with the price paid for certain reps I don't think 250$ is over paid. What do you get under that price????

^^ this.

Jibuti

I'd bend over straightaway for a $60 compressor!!

hmmmm... I did not know you are that kind of...man.... (nothin wrong with it!!)

LOL

watch.aholic
1963 black

That's what caught my eye too.

Please do post pics and general review when it comes.

trailboss99

Sorry, everything I read was quartz, is the compressor an auto?

greg_r

Yep - looks pretty well finished too. If I hadn't just bought an LLD I would be tempted to take a punt at it.

trailboss99

Well that's a different matter entirely. That makes it good value indeed.

Wriggles

I'd come across this brand sometime last year, didn't really float my boat but here's two of the articles I'd read about. Dan Henry does exist it seems TB, watch collector allegedly and was the guy behind the timeline.watch site linked from the Dan Henry site

https://www.hodinkee...atches-timeline

http://wornandwound....ke-new-vintage/

TheTinMan
Really like the compressor one they do

+1 you should get one mate, I'll make it an easy flip ;)

Do we want orange or grey?

I really like the orange, but the orange lume looks odd to me, don't know if I can pull that off. The grey has more of a Legend Diver or even an IWC Aquatimer reissue look and feel to it. I've longed for an LD for a long time too. Do I hold out or go for this? Do I focus on a SARB first, then go for this?

I hate making decisions like this.....

TheTinMan

Yep - looks pretty well finished too. If I hadn't just bought an LLD I would be tempted to take a punt at it.

If you ever flip that LLD, can I PLEASE have first crack at it? I've longed for one since my dad told me he had one way back when. He'd shit his pants if I showed up with one now.

Genius

Gen or rep..... Please say you mean rep and there's a new one out I don't know about yet

TheTinMan

Gen or rep..... Please say you mean rep and there's a new one out I don't know about yet

The Dan Henry compressor is an auto. There is no LLD rep anywhere, trust me I've searched.

SliceMaster

https://www.replica-...raph-le.367490/

for sale in UK next door

Yepp but his price sent to EU for a used watch is exactly the same as if I order one from the website so he has to lower his price

I spec. like the black 1939 model looks kinda vintage

dfq23

https://www.replica-...raph-le.367490/

for sale in UK next door

Yepp but his price sent to EU for a used watch is exactly the same as if I order one from the website so he has to lower his price

I spec. like the black 1939 model looks kinda vintage

They post em out DHL and being yanks they have to declare full value so you will get reamed for customs fees and handling charges on top

gran

I just can stand the name Dan Henry. Dim.

DAN08.IMG.JPG

avc0002

What does "Sapphire coated double domed mineral glass with Anti-Reflective treatment" mean exactly??

I guess specifically the Sapphire coated part.

spboudart

If I hadn't just bought an LLD I would be tempted to take a punt at it.

Date or no-date?

Nugget001

Found this on a FB Microbrand watch page. Ended up buying the Dan Henry 1970

Great looking watch for the price but not the best finishings. The case finishings for example are poorly done. Bit rough around the edges & the case back has gaps. I don't think QC is a big feature for them.

Similar comments about the case on the FB page as well

For $250 I'm happy with the watch but could have been better quality imo

Some pics I took when I got the watch. Will post some later of the case issues

4FE983C5-13FC-4390-9917-5F48082B78AE_zpsrjekiofe.jpg

9ABF2F7B-AF2F-4B13-A1D2-1BC796237C0C_zpssbqzqnmi.jpg

A4639D31-C6CE-43B8-8036-7B2D471CD45E_zpspgju92ff.jpg

TheTinMan

Great looking watch for the price but not the best finishings. The case finishings for example are poorly done. Bit rough around the edges & the case back has gaps. I don't think QC is a big feature for them.

That's too bad. I've only read good reviews on WUS. Haven't seen much poor feedback, grant you I haven't been on the FB page. A dose of reality is what I needed to talk me out of this one......then again, it's only $250, lol...

Nugget001

That's too bad. I've only read good reviews on WUS. Haven't seen much poor feedback, grant you I haven't been on the FB page. A dose of reality is what I needed to talk me out of this one......then again, it's only $250, lol...

To be fair mate I could have just received a bad quality one from a small batch. On the Microbrand watch FB page most comments are positive apart from some like me with bad case finishing & lots of complaints about the poor lume. And yeah it is only $250

charlesanderika

I have the 1963 black and I had the 1970 orange for a while. They are very very good for the price. Nice designs, right sized and much better than I expected. Finishing was very good on the two I've had. That said the date wheel on the 1970 was a bit off centre and so I returned it and exchanged for the 1963. However they have very good customer service and if he brings out the compressor in a 42mm rather than 44 then I'd grab another for sure.

TheTinMan

To be fair mate I could have just received a bad quality one from a small batch. On the Microbrand watch FB page most comments are positive apart from some like me with bad case finishing & lots of complaints about the poor lume. And yeah it is only $250

Again, in pictures I've seen the lume was great. Sounds like you had some bad luck, and that's just too bad. I'm gonna hold off, $250 towards something else I suppose.

I have the 1963 black and I had the 1970 orange for a while. They are very very good for the price. Nice designs, right sized and much better than I expected. Finishing was very good on the two I've had. That said the date wheel on the 1970 was a bit off centre and so I returned it and exchanged for the 1963. However they have very good customer service and if he brings out the compressor in a 42mm rather than 44 then I'd grab another for sure.

And right back to where I started. AAARRRGGGHHH!!! This thread is killing me...

ShovelnTC

I was keen but now there seems to be conflicting reports so I'll hold off.........again.

Nugget001

Here's a lume shot of the 1970, I thought it was ok myself

F9DC4140-B765-474F-A256-519F34421558_zpsrlhbso10.jpg

greg_r

Date or no-date?

Date. Would have liked a no-date, but i got the date version at a silly price, so went for it :)

spboudart

Date or no-date?

Date. Would have liked a no-date, but i got the date version at a silly price, so went for it smile.png

Same version as mine. No-date are impossible to find.