Sign in to follow this  
RepGuy

Info on Seiko Fifty Five Fathoms Mod?

emtp101

Yobokies,Dagaz, Crystaltimes and you can also source some parts on ebay.

jrlmsla

Does the donor seiko matter between the J or K variant? I was under the impression that the only difference is on the dial, which wouldn't matter of course

From what I know there's no difference, just what market it was intended for.

In terms of sizing and measurements shouldn't have any difference

Well I successfully freed up some funds. Just unloaded a Bronzo on some guy from Singapore. Wink wink wink

Now I'm off to procure parts. I have decided though that I'm going to try to do a Tornek-Rayville dial from DSN.

79F9F49C-F464-48B0-981C-F2A44D262EEB_zpscppgqcbg.jpeg

I'll start a post when I get rolling. Don't want to steal @RepGuy thread away. Unless we just want a single FFF build thread

RepGuy

Does the donor seiko matter between the J or K variant? I was under the impression that the only difference is on the dial, which wouldn't matter of course

Well I successfully freed up some funds. Just unloaded a Bronzo on some guy from Singapore. Wink wink wink

Now I'm off to procure parts. I have decided though that I'm going to try to do a Tornek-Rayville dial from DSN.

I'll start a post when I get rolling. Don't want to steal @RepGuy thread away. Unless we just want a single FFF build thread

That sounds like a really interesting project to start! Feel free to continue to post in this thread if that's easier, as the collaboration is welcome. I hope to start my own project soon, as the pre-built options on Ebay are ridiculous in price, with some reaching over $400 for a simple dial swap and no other modifications.

boredpanda

winkmoviesnicolas-cage.gif

All the best with your build! Never seem to be able to appreciate the seiko fff though, guess it's not my thing.

Blancpain FF is another story, that's beautiful