Sign in to follow this  
ruthwall1

Movement upgrade in Submariner can this be done

ruthwall1

Hi guys new to the forum and have a question. Any help would be appreciated

I have purchased a rep Rlx Submarniner (and already own a genuine Sandoz diver with a ETA 25j movement - very rough but the movement is good) is a transplant possible from the Sandoz to the sub? as obviously the movement in the rlx is comparitvely a weak link

Thanks in advance

Alan

Fiddo

What kind of movement is in the rep Rolex? The movement in your Sandoz may not be compatible with the hands and dial in your rep Rolex. It may be much easier and hassle free to buy a Rep Rolex Sub with the corrrect movement.

Ska

Hi Alan

If the Sub has a Swiss or clone ETA movement in it then the two may be compatible. However if it's loaded with an Asian 21j movement (miyota type) then the dial and hands won't fit.

If the movements are both ETA based then a transplant should be easy enough. As I said in your other post I'm cambridge based so if you need a hand let me know.

Hope this helps.

ruthwall1

Cheers for the advice guys contacted the seller and he himself is unaware of the movement type methinks I should have joined the forum before buying the watch!!!

SKA as soon as the watch arrives I will give you a shout if i get stuck

cheers

Alan

Ska

No worries Alan.

Easiest thing would be for you to take a quick photo of the movement. (just use a ball of gaffer tape to unscrew the case-back)

We'll be able to tell you pretty much instantly which movement you've got, and let you know your options.