Sign in to follow this  
Del

Watch repair shop in Glasgow

Del

Hi folks,

For my fellow Glaswegians and other Scots in and around the West of Scotland, I took my gen TAG Heuer Aquaracer Quartz Chrono to "In Time", which is a watch repairer within Debenams in Argyll Street in Glasgow city centre, for a new battery and re-seal/pressure test. They did the work in under an hour for £44.95 (£39.95 for non-chronos) - this is cheaper than the ADs I called around earlier this week. And they gave me an 18-month warranty.

Anyway.....when I collected my TAG I asked if they work on mechanical watches and the guy said yes, they have one guy who can do this, including regulating or even a full service. I then asked if they would work on replica watches and, although he was a bit more hesitant due to (he said) the difficulty in getting replacement parts, he did say they would be happy to look at them if they had a problem and assess on a case by case basis. (They do the initial assessment for free.)

Might be a handy wee place to try out in the future for any rep issues :sarky_clap: