nuvolablue

Breitling Navitimer B01 (JF Factory)

nuvolablue

The Breitling B01 Navitimer (JF Factory).

I am blown away by the quality of this watch ! I was in two minds whether to go with BP Factory or this JF one - all the TD's I talked to prior to purchasing recommended the JF version, and I can see why now.

The dial is a lovely deep black and the AR coating on the crystal is fantastic - no blue hue at all.

The bezel slide rule has a nice tension to it. The datewheel........Yes it's sunken as you'd expect because this is the trade off on the 7750's with working chronos. But to be honest due to the white font on black date wheel it's not as obvious as it might be on the older black on white one.

I ordered mine on the bracelet, because the straps are easily available as an add on whereas it's more hit and miss with buying the bracelet separately (in terms of trying to find correct fitment etc). I needed to remove a few links to fit my 7inch wrist; I didn't realise that each of the seven links are removed individually rather than as one piece. Was a bit tricky removing and re-joining them. Bracelet needed to be slightly oiled by me and is now buttery smooth.

Overall a great replica in my opinion. I'm going to put it on a black calf/croc strap soon to get that classic aviator look, but for now just going to enjoy the bracelet.

Enjoy the pictures !

See also my feedback of purchasing experience of this watch from Trusty Time here:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=128453&pid=1970091&st=0&&do=findComment&comment=1970091

bcgXA9c.jpg

uWbk9oL.jpg

Q5v7WxD.jpg

yXHUS0w.jpg

Pf7nBhC.jpg

zniLFd0.jpg

oypb79a.jpg

b8XM9dw.jpg

bgJR2Df.jpg

addibegi

WOAAAAAW :puppet: :puppet: :puppet:

GenTLe

Yes, definitely a great piece! Got it last year and I'm extremely satisfied of it :)

MAJ75

That looks rather nice my friend, you have have captured the quality of the dial well in those pictures.

This is a piece I am planning to own the gen of as I have always loved it, just got to work out vintage or more modern??

Anyway enjoy yours & wear it in good health.....

nuvolablue

That looks rather nice my friend, you have have captured the quality of the dial well in those pictures.

This is a piece I am planning to own the gen of as I have always loved it, just got to work out vintage or more modern??

@MAJ75 - Thank you; those are kind words coming from an expert photographer like yourself !!

Yes - it is a tough choice regarding vintage or modern. There are some reasonably priced ones to be had on the (vintage) Navitimer 806 on the internet.

And the A22322 I've also seen for around the £3k mark. I think the gen of this newer B01 version with the in-house movement is still very expensive.

I preferred the modern look of the B01 (red chrono hand and white on black date wheel), and knew the gen was out of my reach - hence the purchase of this one.

MAJ75

@MAJ75 - Thank you; those are kind words coming from an expert photographer like yourself !!

Yes - it is a tough choice regarding vintage or modern. There are some reasonably priced ones to be had on the (vintage) Navitimer 806 on the internet.

And the A22322 I've also seen for around the £3k mark. I think the gen of this newer B01 version with the in-house movement is still very expensive.

I preferred the modern look of the B01 (red chrono hand and white on black date wheel), and knew the gen was out of my reach - hence the purchase of this one.

You have obviously done your homework my friend.

I concur with all you have said & have drawn many of the same conclusions.

I would ideally have liked to get the B01 but as you say really steep commanding minimum £4200 pre-owned, I wouldn't mind the compromise of either a classic 806 or a 90-00s A22322 so I'll take the plunge when the right opportunity presents itself.

Moondustesp

Thats is stunning and nice quality pics :)

nuvolablue

Thats is stunning and nice quality pics :)

Thanks.

DrJohnWatsonJr

I love the Breitling Navitimer's overall design (the lady begs to differ) but am conflicted on the various color schemes presented. It's so hard to decide!

nuvolablue
I love the Breitling Navitimer's overall design (the lady begs to differ) but am conflicted on the various color schemes presented. It's so hard to decide!

It is a classic design. I was slightly dubious how that busy dial would look o the wrist but it certainly didn't disappoint.

For me the black dial with classic tri compax layout is the way to go.

brwatcher
im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

REG001

Great photos, now I have to choose between rose gold and SS.... Always loved the rose gold more but after seeing these photos I don't know anymore haha. Looks very clean in SS.

fmayer011

Lovely watch :) I have bought the same. I love the blue refection it has.

Down point for me is the sunken date, but not to a great extent.

Second down point is the words SWISS MADE that are too close to the 6h  pointer circle.

I highly recommend this one :)

Mjgfhy

Great piece right there and the working chronos is better than ha ing the BP version.  Love the pics too

nuvolablue
Great piece right there and the working chronos is better than ha ing the BP version.  Love the pics too
Thanks. I have it on a rep calf strap now and still loving it!

72ed0eb5dd869fe06556cca4d2d5eb1f.jpg5557f05dc98ac30d573a468da656bb21.jpg4c8191502a6f70c425256e859e4933e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bry Watts

I think this is the one I am after with the leather strap. Any chance you can point me in the right direction as to a seller and price please.

Thanks in advance as I am a newbee on here.

nuvolablue
I think this is the one I am after with the leather strap. Any chance you can point me in the right direction as to a seller and price please.
Thanks in advance as I am a newbee on here.
Sure see post #1 of this thread.

NFleischer

Wow- that really looks great! And I own an older version of the gen. Congrats

BigBreit
On 23/08/2017 at 23:12, fmayer011 said:

Lovely watch :) I have bought the same. I love the blue refection it has.

Down point for me is the sunken date, but not to a great extent.

Second down point is the words SWISS MADE that are too close to the 6h  pointer circle.

I highly recommend this one :)

what do you think of mine with the mod on the date wheel?

IMG_20171224_2045103dbbc474824e0d74.jpg

nuvolablue
what do you think of mine with the mod on the date wheel?
IMG_20171224_2045103dbbc474824e0d74.jpg&key=8e69b6ddd372ab32d3972304c809eda7e64f5dd703d873f8d07823c00fad21bb
Hi that looks great. Does the mod require one of the chronos to be frozen? Or are they still fully functional?

BigBreit

yes everything works

DD60

Nice catch !  Always been scared of the 7750's.  Hoping they are much improved from past versions.  

tony585

Is it difficult to change out the band on occasion?

On 8/28/2017 at 12:59, nuvolablue said:

Thanks. I have it on a rep calf strap now and still loving it!

72ed0eb5dd869fe06556cca4d2d5eb1f.jpg5557f05dc98ac30d573a468da656bb21.jpg4c8191502a6f70c425256e859e4933e7.jpg

GenTLe
6 hours ago, tony585 said:

It is like any other watch...

nuvolablue
It is like any other watch...
Yes. Infact due to the length of the lugs it's easier than most.