Sign in to follow this  
Ivoitalia

Why aren't these excellent replica's more waterproof

Ivoitalia

Have just started to get addicted this forum recently. Made first purchase of a DSSD last week. In looking at the pictures and diving into the vast amount of info out there it kind of popped into my head why are these not more waterproof? Maybe to even 50 meters. These are amazing replicas and being new I am not sure why there is not some sort or waterproofing. It seems they are all very delicate around water?

Luthier

Because rep. factories don't want to spend more time and money on waterproofing. Yes, it's a few minutes job, but they just don't give a fuck.

NFleischer

They can be tested and made fairly waterRESISTANT by greasing the gaskets, pressing the crystal, and sealing the HE valve for example.

Ivoitalia
They can be tested and made fairly waterRESISTANT by greasing the gaskets, pressing the crystal, and sealing the HE valve for example.

Is there somewhere on the forum I kind find how tondo this?

Ivoitalia
Because rep. factories don't want to spend more time and money on waterproofing. Yes, it's a few minutes job, but they just don't give a fuck.

Would it cost them a lot more?

sconehead

Is there somewhere on the forum I kind find how tondo this?

...look here, http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=3544 http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...ic=3543&hl=

:)

dingle

Would it cost them a lot more?

no, but when they are selling watches like hotcakes, they really could care less....and why should they?