Sign in to follow this  

Looking for cheap high quality rep

Not asking for much? Good luck in your quest but your budget and requirements are polar opposites

I expanded the budget now to a regmariner :) No, worries. I'm a beginner and learning

RepGuy

Not asking for much? Good luck in your quest but your budget and requirements are polar opposites

I expanded the budget now to a regmariner :) No, worries. I'm a beginner and learning asking members simple questions I could learn myself with 5 minutes of reading

Fixed it for ya buddy

Fixed it for ya buddy

Thanks! By the way as you have both hulk and black sub. Which one do you prefer? I was aiming for the black sub before as it's easier to combine with any clothing. But I think the green one is a little more peacocky which I would prefer. Is the color of the regmariner hulk accurate?

RepGuy

Fixed it for ya buddy

Thanks! By the way as you have both hulk and black sub. Which one do you prefer? I was aiming for the black sub before as it's easier to combine with any clothing. But I think the green one is a little more peacocky which I would prefer. Is the color of the regmariner hulk accurate?

I honestly don't know what to say... I can't tell if you're a troll or serious.

I'm serious

RepGuy

I'm serious

For the price you're looking at, nothing will be perfect. the green color is close enough, but you can still tell it's off with a side by side comparison to the gen. From how you're talking about the rep you want, I would seriously consider waiting to save up for a higher quality Noob V7 or something along those lines. You're most likely going to be disappointed with a sub at your price right now, and although they are excellent at that price point, they don't really hold up to the higher quality models offered by Noob Factory, which cost quite a bit more.

Save up and get something better to avoid disappointment

EDIT: And start actually reading to learn about this stuff. There are entire sections of the site dedicated to new members and questions like this. To keep ignoring other members advice like this comes off as lazy.

I'm serious

For the price you're looking at, nothing will be perfect. the green color is close enough, but you can still tell it's off with a side by side comparison to the gen. From how you're talking about the rep you want, I would seriously consider waiting to save up for a higher quality Noob V7 or something along those lines. You're most likely going to be disappointed with a sub at your price right now, and although they are excellent at that price point, they don't really hold up to the higher quality models offered by Noob Factory, which cost quite a bit more.

Save up and get something better to avoid disappointment

EDIT: And start actually reading to learn about this stuff. There are entire sections of the site dedicated to new members and questions like this. To keep ignoring other members advice like this comes off as lazy.

Thank you for your clear and direct answer. That was all I needed and wanted to know. Actually I read in the past weeks already a lot of reviews and I know that the V7 is the way to go, but currently my wallet can't afford it and soon I move to a country with strict customs so I wanted to get one right now. By posting this thread I just got confirmed not to go for cheap low quality stuff at dhgate/aliexp. Narikaa's Regmariner was stated in a few threads as the way to go within a budget, having great quality but missing some details and having a unfavorable movement. I just wanted to check that I don't leave out any other options. Also in V7 hulk reviews I read that the color is slightly off. I think for a cheaper one like the reg hulk that won't be a problem. I won't compare it side to side. Just wanted to make sure it's not too far off to be easily spotted by the color. Thanks!

muiramas

Regmariner is a great starting point, not as good as a noob v7, but good enough. Buy your watch from a TD - they will figure out how to get it through customs. But before you reach out to one, do a bit more research on how it all works.

lego67

Don't be a pea cock and get the black sub ... it will be more accurate ..its black ...just like the black one .. and it is more flexible from dress to sport to military incursions in your new country

Edited by lego67

Hinclimincli

It costs less than a real pearl, go figure. And forget about it if it gets caught, you won't get a refund.

A Chinese half-inch pearl now sells for $4 to $8 at wholesale, which is typically less than half of the retail price. A Tahitian pearl of similar size sells at wholesale for $25 to $35. Source: http://www.nytimes.c...ass-market.html

You have lots to learn...

The "pearl" on the bezel is what he is talking about. A gen one costs around $100 give or take depending on where you get it and if its new or used

It's called sarcasm, mate. Been in the business for ages, and I have seen more than enough (misaligned) pearls, haha. Some good ones on decent bezels too.

I second the majority of comments, btw. Black sub is the perfect starter for this hobby, go for it!

Rx4Time

As said, stick with the black sub (the green is nowhere near the gen in color, especially the text), I'd stick with a no date as the Cyclops is a huge tell...See pics below of my noob crystal vs gen... For a budget sub, this is a decent option keeping in mind there are flaws, the biggest being the bezel insert/pearl which is not practical to install a gen one at this price point. Here's a review done on the reg no date...

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=109684

I've also read some members have pressure tested them to decent water resistant ratings...I think one RWI member pushed theirs to 10 ATM without trouble if I remember correctly.

And the crystal pics for comparison...

Noob v5 crystal

IMG_20160415_214752_zps6npp4die.jpg

Gen crystal...

IMG_20161207_192202_zps6vtl6z6r.jpg

brang1

drawn-on-watches.png?w=580&h=319Anyone of these should fit the bill

i kind am leaning towards the one on the left for mine

RussP

Payment sent :D

Will you combine shipping ?

PS: I love these 'pick on the newbie' threads.

brang1

All sold, Thank you RWG, thank you ballboy, thank you to the idiot that would not let me in on the M3 today, thank you buyer. Shipping combined

brang1

All sold, Thank you RWG, thank you ballboy, thank you to the idiot that would not let me in on the M3 today, thank you buyer. Shipping combined

FULL DISCLOSURE THOUGH, the one on the right has a faint hairline swirl on the catch, nothing I'm sure will not polish out

Thommo82

I've been lurking here for a few months now and finally have a good reason to get involved in a post

This guy doesn't deserve any help. All the tools you require to answer your questions can be found in the threads here

I've taken notice of good advice, I've searched through all the TD's

I've ordered and recieved 3 Reps, two from Andrew at TT and one through Silix, all of which I'm happy with

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH YOU LAZY BASTARD

In saying that though, my first order was a Submariner from the special offers section in Trusty Time

Only paid US108, the finish is fantastic, I've compared to gen at my local Rolex shop and the only thing that gives it away is the seconds hand sweep. It's a Asian 21 jewel (obviously) keeps perfect time, is same weight as gen, great glide lock bracket, sapphire glass, blah blah blah

You're welcome

Rx4Time

Where did you source the one on the right? I've been looking for that model for a while now.

markeym3

Sorry but this thread is just plain stupid.

I understand the OP is asking for help but every question can be answered if you look in the forum , there are so many reviews on here.

Just look around and make your mind up.

Don't want to sound like an ass hole but your quest for the best cheapest watch is as old as the rep game its self.

jbauersrevenge

Seems to me some of the newbies are just plain lazy. "Best rep for lowest price". If I had 10 cents for everytime I've read that in my short time trying to learn about reps...I could afford a gen.

FuzzyCoyote

Surely you want to make your own decision, why would you want someone elses saying 'how about this one or this one or this one...'

You have to pick flaws you can live with at the budget you have.

Cant be saying I want a new car with a Jaguar engine but only want to pay £1000.00 for it

brang1

Where did you source the one on the right? I've been looking for that model for a while now.

Source was Henway

Cubic Hare

Good + Cheap + High Quality....

Choose any two.

Good + Cheap will not be High Quality

Cheap + High Quality will not be Good

Good + High Quality will not be Cheap.

Cheers

tomtom1988

Cartier ronde 178 dollars, Swiss Ronda Quartz movement, as close to gen as they come. The Gen is a basic as fuck watch, rep has no tells and is identical almost. Put it on some decent leather and you're laughing. Wears small at 36mm though but it's a dress watch

gavmeister

FULL DISCLOSURE THOUGH, the one on the right has a faint hairline swirl on the catch, nothing I'm sure will not polish out

More worried about the hairs in the movement..... :lol:

Thommo82

Did my comment get deleted?