Sign in to follow this  
redman

May have a small problem with my noob pam111

redman

Hi, could anybody please have a look at my video and see if they think something is wrong?

I have two noob Pam 111s, both bought in the past month or so from the same place.

I've noticed they both feel very different to wind. The first one only requires small rotations to hear a click, and feels the same whether or not the crown guard lever is open. The second one feels the same with the lever closed, but with the lever open it requires quite a bit rotation of the crown in order to click, if it doesn't click then it just spins back into place. I'm not very good at describing watch movements so I think a video would be helpful!

This first video shows the first watch. As you can see, a small rotation of the crown is enough to engage with the gear.

The second video shows the other watch. With the lever open, if I don't rotate the crown very far, it just spins back into place:

I think this is something to do with the "resting" position of the small part next to the large gear (is this called a "click"?).

On the first watch this part seems to be rotated slightly anti-clockwise compared to the second, so it doesn't need to move as far to engage with the gear.

Any help would be really appreciated (which watch is correct, and how can I fix the incorrect one?). I appreciate I'm not a regular poster here, but I am fairly active on RWI and perhaps the current downtime will give me an opportunity to start posting over here!

Edited by redman

redman

Sorry, uploaded the same video twice. Fixed now!

GenTLe

Mate: the lever is done to avoid ruining the gasket when winding. OPEN it when you wind the watch!

Can you post a pic of each watch with the area indicated by the purple arrow in the pic below in evidence?

eta6497-1-415-425.jpg