Sign in to follow this  
Del

PAM233 Asian 23j movement

Del

Hi folks,

Can anyone tell me how good the movement is in my PAM233 shown below? I believe it is a 23j and has a working power reserve but I don't know if it is much different from your bog-standard Asian 21j autos. I've tried searching but can't find much on 23j movements.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm considering getting some mods done to it (i.e. send it to Uwe to remove the bluish AR and replace with his clear double AR) and want to assess if it's worth spending money on it or not.

Alternatively, I could take out the movement and try to polish off the bluish AR myself and leave it at that.

Appreciate your input as always :D.

Del

p1084863v2.jpg

p1084866v2.jpg

KeNnY

I really like this type of movements, with nice big ROTOR ! That holds 3 screws.. It looks more robust and better for an eye. Also it looks like an Sea-gull movement :D this movement is better, and I think it will have also higher reliability. As for the removing of AR, I think this watch was not that expensive no ? It depends on you, if you have correct tools for de-assemble and reassemble of the watch :pollox:

Del
I really like this type of movements, with nice big ROTOR ! That holds 3 screws.. It looks more robust and better for an eye. Also it looks like an Sea-gull movement :pollox: this movement is better, and I think it will have also higher reliability. As for the removing of AR, I think this watch was not that expensive no ? It depends on you, if you have correct tools for de-assemble and reassemble of the watch :)

I think it is a Seagull movement but cannot confirm - I don't know enough about movements to verify this. It has been very reliable and accurate so far.

Yes, it was not that expensive - is was about $120 plus shipping but is really nice and the rep strap is very good quality and gen-like.

Thanks Kenny :D.

prestigewatchco

These are seagull movements it's basically their 21J movement with the extra jewels to facilitate the scroll bar PR indicator . Very reliable movement has been ued for years in 090 without problem.

PS don't spend money on crystal you will be sick as a minto if you do these have a habit of exploding if not fitted perfectly. Better to find a plain crystal

Del
These are seagull movements it's basically their 21J movement with the extra jewels to facilitate the scroll bar PR indicator . Very reliable movement has been ued for years in 090 without problem.

PS don't spend money on crystal you will be sick as a minto if you do these have a habit of exploding if not fitted perfectly. Better to find a plain crystal

Thanks Robert - this is excatly the type of info I was looking for.

Sounds like a good call on the crystal too!