NCRich

How to swap a 2813 Datewheel - A Tutorial

paul837

@NCRichThis is a lovely guide, i wish such a post existed for 2824-2 or 2836-2.

DMMNotes

38pYxL.jpg
38p1UR.jpgThank You! I wouldn’t have been able to complete this datewheel swap without this excellent tutorial! Just fantastic work and idiot proof. Trust me I know, I’m that idiot. Let me tell you, when those three parts came out of place after I unscrewed the peice over the datewheel, I was so lost. Quick search, found this, and boom, couldn’t have been easier thanks to your guide and the pictures.

• Like 1

docholiday08

Feels good to find a tutorial so detailed! Thanks 

WaGwan
On 01/04/2017 at 20:40, NCRich said:

Another, kind of covered by the datewheel overlay

CIMG3570.jpg

The third screw, it's a half covered by the datewheel so just tighten it in half turns so as not to damage the datewheel overlay

CIMG3571.jpg

Next the spring needs to go back in place. You may b asking 'Why didn't he put the spring back before the datewheel plate was put on?' Well, its done after so that parts don't fly everywhere! If you wait until the datewheel plate goes on then when putting this spring back, parts cannot 'fly' anywhere as they are held in place by he datewheel plate. It save a lot of time and hassle!

CIMG3576.jpg

The spring goes back here

CIMG3577.jpg

Set it in place like this

CIMG3578.jpg

Its difficult to shoe but use your tweezers to put it back in place.

CIMG3579.jpg

That's it, don't loose any pieces!

On 01/04/2017 at 20:40, NCRich said:

Another, kind of covered by the datewheel overlay

CIMG3570.jpg

The third screw, it's a half covered by the datewheel so just tighten it in half turns so as not to damage the datewheel overlay

CIMG3571.jpg

Next the spring needs to go back in place. You may b asking 'Why didn't he put the spring back before the datewheel plate was put on?' Well, its done after so that parts don't fly everywhere! If you wait until the datewheel plate goes on then when putting this spring back, parts cannot 'fly' anywhere as they are held in place by he datewheel plate. It save a lot of time and hassle!

CIMG3576.jpg

The spring goes back here

CIMG3577.jpg

Set it in place like this

CIMG3578.jpg

Its difficult to shoe but use your tweezers to put it back in place.

CIMG3579.jpg

That's it, don't loose any pieces!

That’s exactly what I was looking for!!! Can anyone recommend where can I get a decent set of basic tools for beginners not the AliExpress. Thanks in advance!