simonbolivar

Mini Review: Vacheron Constantine Overseas

simonbolivar

I just received this one from Mary and thought I would share a few pics.

I was looking to diversify my collection, and add something a bit more dressy. Always loved The Overseas as it is a good looking watch that is understated, only recognizable by true enthusiasts.

This one is from JJF factory, with Miyota 9015 movement. I was undecided on color but wound up going with the white face, as everything else in my watch box is black face.

On to the pics:

Good first impressions. Construction feels pretty solid, good finish. The face and printing is well done. Date font seems to match gen, and is well centered. Lume is an odd grayish color, and doesn't really match the hands well. But not bad enough to be a distraction.

2EBA49E1-A98C-4089-AF46-9E102D0A324E_zpsagroazmf.jpg

816E6322-5668-4679-AB26-0AA51080134F_zps1fahxnc8.jpg

Indoor lighting

78DD5E8F-1490-44D5-96DC-A2F83525651E_zpsb6ufw6ar.jpg

D6F9DC90-A2DC-4FDD-A8B7-724C13F1E667_zpsgwwm407o.jpg

08AFD315-00E0-4473-8752-1111A5658012_zpsbv17m7sa.jpg

Some shots of the case back, and deployant. Nicely finished, but some have mentioned that the ship is not as finely detailed as gen. Not really a concern for me.

5D7DC140-3B5A-4C1A-A8A0-33F6754C79F4_zpsv049ynwj.jpg

6219C26F-CA36-4CCD-991D-485F14648DD0_zpszecambqz.jpg

The clasp finish is nice, but feels kind of flimsy. Not sure how this will hold up over time. Rubber strap was a bit stiff, but boiled it for a few mins and seems more pliable now.

ADB00C4E-2574-40FC-B5EC-8779B2342347_zpsgc9tadw6.jpg

Some general thoughts... good watch for those looking to dress up the collection, but whom tend to stick with more sporty watches. Wears a bit small on the wrist as it is lower profile than what I usually wear. Fairly accurate to gen from what I've seen (but only compared with pics). Good build quality, except for the clasp which feels delicate. Miyota 9015 has some rotor noise, but nothing like the AP15400 by JF, which is extremely loud IMO. All in all, a good addition to add some variety to the collection.

THXuk

nice review. I got the black face, but the flimsy clasp was broken on arrival, and its been a hassle to get a new one, also the majority of them are misspelt on the clasp. The engraving of 'Constantin' is wrong, it says 'Constatin' now, there is a missing 'n' I believe most stock was incorrect, so worth checking if you got a good one.

Your also right about the rotor! Its the noisiest spinner I have.

NFleischer

Looks very good to me, like the rubber strap. I have an old version on SS but this looks like an upgrade; date font is a lot better.

Still can't complain- it's 9 years old and still running strong.

DSCN0129.jpg

Edited by NFleischer

simonbolivar
nice review. I got the black face, but the flimsy clasp was broken on arrival, and its been a hassle to get a new one, also the majority of them are misspelt on the clasp. The engraving of 'Constantin' is wrong, it says 'Constatin' now, there is a missing 'n' I believe most stock was incorrect, so worth checking if you got a good one.

Shit! You're right. "Constatin" LMAO!

Your also right about the rotor! Its the noisiest spinner I have.

Looks very good to me, like the rubber strap. I have an old version on SS but this looks like an upgrade; date font is a lot better.

Still can't complain- it's 9 years old and still running strong.

DSCN0129.jpg

9 years and holding up pretty well. I'd say that's a good investment! Not many reps last that long.

NFleischer

Thanks - I have about 4-5 from that period. All working

well. Most have real ETA movements which were easy to get

then.

Also have some that died early deaths. Luck of the draw.

hwlexus

Reckon it looks good with rubber strap.

brang1

great review, a very underrated watch, always shadowed by Pateks and AP's, don't really know why. Beautiful dial

chrisscarrr

I love that, really I looking for JJF version.

tim2827

Here’s mine just arrived yesterday

2e2b1ab3697e9ef0e621de702244747f.jpg

732a86fd0d3b7819f4de934355d9981d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amerciana-D

Hey Tim, which TD did you use and which manufacturer?  Nice looking watch.  How do you like it?  

tim2827

I didn’t buy from TD, from regular dealer whom I’ve purchased from in the last 4 years. I think so Long as you order fm the JJF version, it doesn’t matter who TD.

tim2827

The only shortfall in my opinion, is the line of the dial. The hands are great. So I suspect the hands and dial is from different makers.

Amerciana-D

Maybe I’m too late to the party. I inquired about a smooth blue dial JJF and was told that the JJF factory has closed. I’ll hunt around for remaining inventory.  From all I’ve read, JJF was the ticket on these.

tim2827

I just got mine JJF last week , so some TDs might be able to find stockpile from wholesalers of JJF is really closed

I also just ordered a JJF rubber strap and have no problem getting it

You should check with as many TDs as listed here

blood tornado

Are JJF's still available with a rubber strap?  Anyone selling one any color M2M?

Gaz1a

Gorgeous.

alexgi

For a newby - what is a good place to purchase VC? 

fatarms
8 minutes ago, alexgi said:

For a newby - what is a good place to purchase VC? 

You signed up exactly 12 minutes ago... look around and read for a week or so before you buy.  Although no one ever follows that advice, then a year later, they are telling newbies the same thing... :lol:  Lots of information here, in fact, everything you need to know is here to get the watch you want and not get ripped off by scammers.

alexgi
17 minutes ago, fatarms said:

You signed up exactly 12 minutes ago... look around and read for a week or so before you buy.  Although no one ever follows that advice, then a year later, they are telling newbies the same thing... :lol:  Lots of information here, in fact, everything you need to know is here to get the watch you want and not get ripped off by scammers.

Appreciate the response. Got the same few years back when was here first time. :) I looked over the forum and find a bunch of trusted sites, however in my experience some of them are not as good as others, especially with VC. I have an original, bought a replica 3 years back - wasn't even close :) Someone here bought a watch and obviously is happy with it, that's why I asked. Nothing like a personal experience, right? :) 

fatarms
11 minutes ago, alexgi said:

Appreciate the response. Got the same few years back when was here first time. :) I looked over the forum and find a bunch of trusted sites, however in my experience some of them are not as good as others, especially with VC. I have an original, bought a replica 3 years back - wasn't even close :) Someone here bought a watch and obviously is happy with it, that's why I asked. Nothing like a personal experience, right? :) 

My go-to dealers, and have been for many years, are Marvellous Replica and Mary Watch.  Best service, best QC, MR slightly better on prices.  Both are smaller operations, so they have more to lose if they send out lemons.  Hence, they have consistently sent me watches that are well looked over for faults and never had an issue with the goods or the shipping.

• Like 1

alexgi
On 05/11/2023 at 10:33, fatarms said:

My go-to dealers, and have been for many years, are Marvellous Replica and Mary Watch.  Best service, best QC, MR slightly better on prices.  Both are smaller operations, so they have more to lose if they send out lemons.  Hence, they have consistently sent me watches that are well looked over for faults and never had an issue with the goods or the shipping.

Marvellous Replica replied that he (she) can't even get me VC Overseas. :(  Strange, so many sites show that they have those, Will try Mary Watch.