Sign in to follow this  
simonbolivar

Mini Review: Vacheron Constantine Overseas

simonbolivar

I just received this one from Mary and thought I would share a few pics.

I was looking to diversify my collection, and add something a bit more dressy. Always loved The Overseas as it is a good looking watch that is understated, only recognizable by true enthusiasts.

This one is from JJF factory, with Miyota 9015 movement. I was undecided on color but wound up going with the white face, as everything else in my watch box is black face.

On to the pics:

Good first impressions. Construction feels pretty solid, good finish. The face and printing is well done. Date font seems to match gen, and is well centered. Lume is an odd grayish color, and doesn't really match the hands well. But not bad enough to be a distraction.

2EBA49E1-A98C-4089-AF46-9E102D0A324E_zpsagroazmf.jpg

816E6322-5668-4679-AB26-0AA51080134F_zps1fahxnc8.jpg

Indoor lighting

78DD5E8F-1490-44D5-96DC-A2F83525651E_zpsb6ufw6ar.jpg

D6F9DC90-A2DC-4FDD-A8B7-724C13F1E667_zpsgwwm407o.jpg

08AFD315-00E0-4473-8752-1111A5658012_zpsbv17m7sa.jpg

Some shots of the case back, and deployant. Nicely finished, but some have mentioned that the ship is not as finely detailed as gen. Not really a concern for me.

5D7DC140-3B5A-4C1A-A8A0-33F6754C79F4_zpsv049ynwj.jpg

6219C26F-CA36-4CCD-991D-485F14648DD0_zpszecambqz.jpg

The clasp finish is nice, but feels kind of flimsy. Not sure how this will hold up over time. Rubber strap was a bit stiff, but boiled it for a few mins and seems more pliable now.

ADB00C4E-2574-40FC-B5EC-8779B2342347_zpsgc9tadw6.jpg

Some general thoughts... good watch for those looking to dress up the collection, but whom tend to stick with more sporty watches. Wears a bit small on the wrist as it is lower profile than what I usually wear. Fairly accurate to gen from what I've seen (but only compared with pics). Good build quality, except for the clasp which feels delicate. Miyota 9015 has some rotor noise, but nothing like the AP15400 by JF, which is extremely loud IMO. All in all, a good addition to add some variety to the collection.

THXuk

nice review. I got the black face, but the flimsy clasp was broken on arrival, and its been a hassle to get a new one, also the majority of them are misspelt on the clasp. The engraving of 'Constantin' is wrong, it says 'Constatin' now, there is a missing 'n' I believe most stock was incorrect, so worth checking if you got a good one.

Your also right about the rotor! Its the noisiest spinner I have.

NFleischer

Looks very good to me, like the rubber strap. I have an old version on SS but this looks like an upgrade; date font is a lot better.

Still can't complain- it's 9 years old and still running strong.

DSCN0129.jpg

Edited by NFleischer

simonbolivar
nice review. I got the black face, but the flimsy clasp was broken on arrival, and its been a hassle to get a new one, also the majority of them are misspelt on the clasp. The engraving of 'Constantin' is wrong, it says 'Constatin' now, there is a missing 'n' I believe most stock was incorrect, so worth checking if you got a good one.

Shit! You're right. "Constatin" LMAO!

Your also right about the rotor! Its the noisiest spinner I have.

Looks very good to me, like the rubber strap. I have an old version on SS but this looks like an upgrade; date font is a lot better.

Still can't complain- it's 9 years old and still running strong.

DSCN0129.jpg

9 years and holding up pretty well. I'd say that's a good investment! Not many reps last that long.

NFleischer

Thanks - I have about 4-5 from that period. All working

well. Most have real ETA movements which were easy to get

then.

Also have some that died early deaths. Luck of the draw.

hwlexus

Reckon it looks good with rubber strap.

brang1

great review, a very underrated watch, always shadowed by Pateks and AP's, don't really know why. Beautiful dial