Sign in to follow this  
epalanb

What are sellers afraid of on m2m sales

onzenuub

This isn't the first time my T&C's have been questioned. Last time, some knob told me I wasn't going to sell an item because I was being snobby. The item was sold (and then marked as such), and the fella suggested I'd just pulled the sale to save face... Fuck that, I couldn't give a monkey's whether I had offended his delicate sensibilities, I needed the money :D

About time to have a look in your sales and comment on the conditions mentioned. :P

Foxindebox

This isn't the first time my T&C's have been questioned. Last time, some knob told me I wasn't going to sell an item because I was being snobby. The item was sold (and then marked as such), and the fella suggested I'd just pulled the sale to save face... Fuck that, I couldn't give a monkey's whether I had offended his delicate sensibilities, I needed the money :D

About time to have a look in your sales and comment on the conditions mentioned. :P

Free bump? :D

onzenuub

Free bump? :D

Too . :Whistle:

NCRich

Yeah, I got Fox no-saled.

:lol:

Foxindebox

You Rich?... Never :)

purger72

I would say sellers worst fear is false claims that rep isnt working or is DOA. In regards to shipping and package gets lost is a bit of a grey area who is responsible! I always offer tracking with regular shipping but as well tell buyer he can chose more expensive way of shipping on their own cost, like registered or express.

Sometimes registerd or express could arise custums interests to , depending where is shipped from and what country is going to.

The thing is if is DOA than mostly a service will fix that and that is additional $100 to the purchase price maybe $150 , but than you know watch is serviced and will last you for long time.

I recently purchased vintage gen from seller on ebay.Watch had few issues but I didnt bother contacting seller, so I just got it fixed and serviced by Rollie and should be fine for years to come .

In regards who has first pick is FIRST IN with payment his watch, simple.

Buyer defenetly has higer risk than seller as well depends on sellers honesty to provide what is selling as well to package rep in a way so it eliminate as much as possible any physical dammage to the watch.

I can understand seller somtime will pick and chose the buyer if is there is several involved but that is sellers right to.

I personally have more issues with shipment coming from US than China or any other place.

One in two packages specialy if shiped via USPS ends up in customs for inspection.

Left Coast Guy

Numpties, man....everyone is afraid of numpties. Its not that you're going to lose money, per se, but I for me personally, the drama of a sale gone bad can really ruin the fun of the hobby.

MetalMickey

Agreed. Wait till you've been fucked over by a buyer and see how you feel.

If you've not been fucked over by a buyer, sell some stuff on eBay and wait ..

purger72

Been there and you are spot on....usually buyer with million questions is no go...!

Genius

I'm guilty of this too (although I generally just hoard watches and I'm more likely ylto order a new box than sell any) but if and when I ever list watches on m2m I would rather put people off buying than sell to someone who expects something more than a cheap Chinese fake, because let's face it even the real high end reps are basically cheap Chinese fakes. Most of the regulars here understand and will get the inside joke in the sale but if someone is looking who doesn't id rather them be put off and not bothered to send me a pm

RussP

It's an Anti-Numpty measure, nothing else.

As Reg rightly pointed out, disclaimers ain't worth the paper/screen they're printed on in some cases.

In most cases, one buys the seller, not the product.

I'm well aware of the kerfuffle a recent comment of mine created on the M2M thread.

(There was never any malice intended, nor was I white-anting the sale, just pointing out what some newer members 'may' not be aware of, that's all).

Rokerite

It's all about trust. Have bought 3 watches on m2m on here and RWI and in my experience all have been perfect gentlemen, watch arrived well packaged in good time, and exactly as described. Sellers need a good reputation to sell like trusted dealers so they do their best to make the buyer happy.

pstar_1980

It's about the unknown, unknown or the known, unknown? :giggle:

Helmut Wong

this thread is all the proof i need to make sure i only buy from TDs

Edited by Helmut Wong

GenTLe

this thread is all the proof i need to make sure i only buy from TDs

No problem.

Sell them here, and we'll be happy that way.

epalanb
By the looks of it, I'm the guilty party. I would say, that my disclaimer is meant to be slightly tongue in cheek and in no way aggressive. However, I am trying to advise that once people are happy with the description (which is always accurate) and photos, I bear no responsibility for the item arriving. If there ever was an issue like DOA (which luckily enough hasn't happened to me), that can always be discussed amicably. And as was mentioned above, no one is forcing you to buy from me. I think I'm safe in saying that everyone who has bought anything from me was satisfied with the transaction. The main message I'm trying to convey is that I don't want to deal with scamming cunts... Hope that clears it up ;)

Ok, Yes your thread was the one I quoted. I half hoped you wouldn't notice that it was your m2m I was quoting. I specifically did not say anything in your m2m because I wanted to respect your sale and not piss vinegar there. Actually yours is quite a bit less offensive than many others I have seen.

There have been several responses that make some sense. Here are a couple that I think are reasonable:

I fear drama. Special shipping demands, lots of back and forth and a PayPal dispute in the end. I have had a few demanding tossers at my doorstep. The watch was "already spoken for " when it was clear that they were a bell end.

another:

People have the right to sell to who they choose, your better off selling to someone who knows the rep game rather than a newbie that will probably write replica Rolex in the Paypal notes, even if you tell them not too. They could damage the watch and blame the seller publicly via a thread... pretty much anything can go wrong.

When says something like "you effin noob, go crawl back into that cave from where you crawled out of and don't you effin expect me to respond your shitty low ball offer. Do you have any idea of what I paid for this gem. You should be offering me more than what I am asking just because you are a noob and I am so vastly superior" I think this is uncalled for. All of us were one day new to this rep hobby and no one really deserves some of the crap that is dished out by some of the regs here. Especially in the m2m..

Or another one I just love:

Don't you dare low ball me you mother father. I know what this watch is worth and I can't be bothered with anything less than I am asking.

If you don't want to accept less than you are asking then don't. Simple, you might sell it and you might not. Maybe you get more motivated after some time, maybe not. People's motivation increases and decreases for a variety of reasons all the time. What is the big deal if a buyer asks you if you would take less than you are asking? It is super easy to reply back with a simple "no thinks, I am looking for more than that right now."

Just my 2¢

Edited by epalanb

epalanb

Yea,

I have sold probably 200 items on e-bay. Only one problem and that one problem caused more of a headache/waste of time than all tohe other 200 combined sales

No fun for sure

JSJ

I've always ignored the sales terms on the basis they are meant to cover tossers. I've been here long enough to have seen plenty of tossers.

Even when I was a noob, a simple and polite PM nearly always resulted in a simple and polite reply. Fast payment and fast shipping of an honestly-described watch has nearly always been the result. There have been a few exceptions but very few and nobody died as a result. The kindness and help offered has vastly outweighed the negatives.

If you don't like the playful Ts and Cs, I suggest fucking off would be a good option. This is RWG and it's why we like it.

mysterio

If you don't like the playful Ts and Cs, I suggest fucking off would be a good option. This is RWG and it's why we like it.

As opposed to fucking on? :lol:

the_frenchman

Afraid ? I would say we just try to save our time , instead of answering stupid nonsense pm's about the item on sale , or noob posts on the actual thread. This is not the bay and this is not a second hand website , this is a forum where members share their experience so far in this hobby , with a M2M section of used watches for "interested" members. Members in here have the right to choose who they want to sell their stuff ,protecting themselves from members that will cause any trouble in future or just people they still dont know what they are buying pretending to have high standards.

epalanb
I've always ignored the sales terms on the basis they are meant to cover tossers. I've been here long enough to have seen plenty of tossers. Even when I was a noob, a simple and polite PM nearly always resulted in a simple and polite reply. Fast payment and fast shipping of an honestly-described watch has nearly always been the result. There have been a few exceptions but very few and nobody died as a result. The kindness and help offered has vastly outweighed the negatives. If you don't like the playful Ts and Cs, I suggest fucking off would be a good option. This is RWG and it's why we like it.

lol, ok

you got me though. what are T's and C's?

MetalMickey
:fuck:

Helmut Wong
I've always ignored the sales terms on the basis they are meant to cover tossers. I've been here long enough to have seen plenty of tossers. Even when I was a noob, a simple and polite PM nearly always resulted in a simple and polite reply. Fast payment and fast shipping of an honestly-described watch has nearly always been the result. There have been a few exceptions but very few and nobody died as a result. The kindness and help offered has vastly outweighed the negatives. If you don't like the playful Ts and Cs, I suggest fucking off would be a good option. This is RWG and it's why we like it.

lol, ok

Tits and .....you know the rest ;)

JSJ

lol, ok

Terms and conditions. Fucking noob. :giggle: