Sign in to follow this  
MikeMcNair

Rep vs gen rolex movement and second hand sweep

MikeMcNair

lol, thats why i love you guys. i think i will say just that, and see what reaction i get.

we got 2 freak snow days here so no work til monday now. but you cna bet the far on me calling him out on it again ;)

David543

Absolutely, one 28,800 is exactly the same as another, unless it's broken. Bottom line your watch is as smooth as a gen. Servicing will improve the overall life of a watch (every 3-5yrs is recommended) and reps are notorious for being supplied with movements that are not lubricated well and / or are dirty. Serviced regularly there is no reason a rep should't be as accurate and long lasting as most gens, certainly that has been my experience having a fair few of each.

So your Rolex rep will be pretty much just as good as the real thing, just cheaper to replace if it gets damaged!

PS Jdoe and I seem to be ok now, which is good for a social hobby! Hope those watching had a good time with the popcorn!

;)

jdoe
PS Jdoe and I seem to be ok now, which is good for a social hobby! Hope those watching had a good time with the popcorn!

:popcorn:

Think we need to review the cover charge on these events, they are way too cheap :)

Edited by jdoe

JohnG

:)

Think we need to review the cover charge on these events, they are way too cheap :)

time for you two to get into a nice cozy 69....

David543

;)

I'm trying to think of an appropriate icon response to JohnG, but my IPad doesn't show the one I'm looking for.......

:) or :tomaatit: will have to do!

JohnG

Think we need to review the cover charge on these events, they are way too cheap :thepianohasbeendrinking:

I'm trying to think of an appropriate icon response to JohnG, but my IPad doesn't show the one I'm looking for.......

:kinkythegayviking: or :tomaatit: will have to do!

69.gif

jdoe

Think we need to review the cover charge on these events, they are way too cheap :rofl:

:lol: or :tomaatit: will have to do!

69.gif

Go :rofl: and then :asslick:. :rofl:

Akira

Hey Mike, can't wait to hear about your douchbag friends face after

you put both watches next to each other.

After you told him JohnG's words please tell him

how stupid I find the assumption that 28,000 Bph on a gen movement

wont be the same as 28,000 Bph....please ask him where in grade school he has failed to listen

to his maths teacher.

Every movement ticks....8 ticks per second just seem pretty smooth

@ jdoe don't try to fuck to many people off, especially not John. He wont be that easy on you like I was :lol:

jdoe
@ jdoe don't try to fuck to many people off, especially not John. He wont be that easy on you like I was :lol:

I try to avoid that, showing maximum restraint. ;)

PS. FYI there was no evil intention in the comment you found so offending.

Edited by jdoe

JohnG

Think we need to review the cover charge on these events, they are way too cheap ;)

:lol: or :tomaatit: will have to do!

69.gif

Go :oscar: and then :asslick:. :finger:

The Force is strong in this one.

jdoe

The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded. :thumbsup2:

David543

The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded. :)

This is not the thread you're looking for...

Move along......

Steve227

Back to Mike's original question, I have a gen rollie and bought a sub from Mary with a eta 2836-2. There is NO difference whatsoever.

I would add though that many of my reps have a7750 28800, these are minutely intermitent compared to the rollies, but hey it isn't swiss is it! Really not noticable unless you were doing a project on it!!

MikeMcNair
Back to Mike's original question, I have a gen rollie and bought a sub from Mary with a eta 2836-2. There is NO difference whatsoever.

I would add though that many of my reps have a7750 28800, these are minutely intermitent compared to the rollies, but hey it isn't swiss is it! Really not noticable unless you were doing a project on it!!

Steve, any chance you could post a vid with the gen next to the rep? And mine is a Swiss ETA 2836 so it moves smooth as hell!!!!!

Steve227

Yes mate, will prob be Monday/Tues but will post on this thread. Will do the rollies then the rollie v a7750.

MikeMcNair

Sick, thanks bro!!!

MikeMcNair

Sick, thanks bro!!!

Steve227

Dont forget to let us know if your mate shows up!

MikeMcNair

Oh man, you bet your ass I am posting that up!!! I am gonna text his brother tomorrow night to remind him to bring it in(I don't have "mr snotties" #, but he and his brother work with me)

JohnG

The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded. ;)

This is not the thread you're looking for...

Move along......

This is not the thread I am looking for.

.... moving along...