Sign in to follow this  
Legger

Which Breitling?

Legger

After seeing Del's rapidly growing collection of Breitling's I have decided that I need to add one (or more) to my collection.

I like the Super Ocean Heritage but want something a little less dressy.

I am still a bit nervous about the 7750 movement. Should I be or is it reliable?

Which non-chrono Breitling reps are the best - I want 44mm or bigger and don't mind whether 21j or clone ETA?

Everyone's help and input is very much appreciated.

Cynikal.Mindset

you gotta get a white or blue dial SOSF. The are available in 21J, eta clone or swiss movements...probably one of the nicest breitlings around and priced well

Del
After seeing Del's rapidly growing collection of Breitling's I have decided that I need to add one (or more) to my collection.

Sorry mate :picard2:

No point in me saying anything else.... :D :P

Legger

Sorry mate :lol:

No point in me saying anything else.... :gagged:;)

Which one of yours would you recommend the most? I think we have similar tastes.

Del

Sorry mate :lol:

No point in me saying anything else.... :gagged:;)

Which one of yours would you recommend the most? I think we have similar tastes.

Oh shit, that's not fair ;):gagged:.

This new Skyland v3 I'm wearing today is stunning, but it's not cheap and if you are unsure about the 7750 movement then it might not work for you (although it has seconds at 9, which is the default config and the most reliable variation of this movement). It's 45mm.

I absolutely love the blue SOHv2 but you said you don't want one of those.

The SOSFs are great too - 43mm in size but chunky so feel a bit bigger than that. I am a big fan of the SOSFs and actually have a blue face on route from Robert to complete my set of three colours :facepalm:. There are generally two versions of the SOSF - with square box or arrow second hand (the latter of which is most recent) - so it perhaps depends on what you like best. Personally, I like my old-style white face better than the new-style white face but the blue from Robert is the new-style and I'm quite excited about that!

It's personal preference really but I'd recommend you start with an SOSF - any colour really but be careful with the watch/band combo. The white looks good on brown leather, the blue on s/s and the black in s/s, leather or rubber. All imho of course ;).

Legger

Thanks Cynical and Del.

That Skyland V3 does look good but I may just start with a SOSF.

Are the bracelets difficult to adjust? I have read about a few people having problems.

Cynikal.Mindset

the stainless steel bracelets are a whore to adjust...like a jigsaw puzzle and many times the screws are in tighter than a nun's cooka. You will love the SOSF!

MikeMcNair

Where are the pix???? ;)

Legger

I'll post them when I receive it. Still waiting for QC pics.