Sign in to follow this  
TheTradingTeam

"Hey that's a nice watch, where did you get that from?"

TheTradingTeam

I have owned many replica watches, pieces of jewelry and even clothing in my years. As I'm sure many of you are aware, when you turn up to the pub on a Saturday evening with your fresh glistening 18K Yellow Gold Rolex Day Date, one or two of your friends may exclaim something a long the lines of "Hey that's a nice watch, where did you get that from!?"

So I guess my question is, when somebody asks where you got your Rep watch from, are you open and honest about it, or if not what are some of your favorites lies?? :unsure2: :unsure2: Such as "It was a gift from my uncle" ;) hahahaaa!

black263

I have owned many replica watches, pieces of jewelry and even clothing in my years. As I'm sure many of you are aware, when you turn up to the pub on a Saturday evening with your fresh glistening 18K Yellow Gold Rolex Day Date, one or two of your friends may exclaim something a long the lines of "Hey that's a nice watch, where did you get that from!?"

So I guess my question is, when somebody asks where you got your Rep watch from, are you open and honest about it, or if not what are some of your favorites lies?? :unsure2: :unsure2: Such as "It was a gift from my uncle" ;) hahahaaa!

If it's your friends, you tell the truth. If it's not, are you really going to tell a stranger in a pub that you're wearing a genuine solid gold Rolex.

Wriggles

There are possibly hundreds of threads asking this, its old, very very old....

Mr_B

If it's your friends, you tell the truth. If it's not, are you really going to tell a stranger in a pub that you're wearing a genuine solid gold Rolex.

This, tell them it's real, if you look like your telling the truth, get mugged

Nikosaldente

628.jpg

1fef054b9d96ecc7b1f5b1abff57343465e38ea880d7066901bb02e86133a38a.jpg

Foxindebox

giphy-1_zpspopvcpsm.gif

;)

mike_morgan

"I found it in a restroom by the sink... it's probably fake"

"Garage sale... for the price, I'm betting it's fake"

I have more Gens than reps, but to my friends I'll say... "Check out this knock-off! Pretty nice, right?"

I never try to pass a rep as real, because I'm more excited that it's a fake.

deju

My mates who have reps have gens too. Why lie? its a hobby.

No one ever asks anyway.

phone

628.jpg

1fef054b9d96ecc7b1f5b1abff57343465e38ea880d7066901bb02e86133a38a.jpg

Yeah... I'm used to it by now.

elp

I have more Gens than reps, but to my friends I'll say... "Check out this knock-off! Pretty nice, right?"

My sister-in-law was so snooty about the idea of me owning reps, that for giggles I passed off my reps (this is when I had about 20 reps) as gens and gens (not the Seikos and other obvious ones) as reps. Loved it when she said my vintage 1675 was obviously such a bad fake.

Petty, but fun :)

greg_r

When they ask where I get 'em from, I always reply: "Poughkeepsie. I subscribe to a service. I send 'em $50 a month and they send me a watch."

Silly questions deserve silly answers.

onzenuub

I always tel them to fuck off.

TheTradingTeam

I would, but then again I'm not one to shy away from confrontation.

TheTradingTeam

I always tel them to fuck off.

Sounds fair enough hahaaha!

TheTradingTeam

Sorry, I wasn't aware. Could you please redirect me to a thread asking a similar question and I'll delete this one!

mike_morgan

Sorry, I wasn't aware. Could you please redirect me to a thread asking a similar question and I'll delete this one!

Would you like us to make you a sandwich and scrub your back as well, massah?

Use the search function like the rest of us... sorry, but... seriously?

FL13

(Snobby British Voice activated) "I don't wear....(gasp)... REPLICAS..."

TheTradingTeam

(Snobby British Voice activated) "I don't wear....(gasp)... REPLICAS..."

Replicas? what is that??? ;)

TheTradingTeam

I head massage would be nice, as I used the search function initially and couldn't find any forum of the sort :( I must be losing brain cells..

TheTradingTeam

My sister-in-law was so snooty about the idea of me owning reps, that for giggles I passed off my reps (this is when I had about 20 reps) as gens and gens (not the Seikos and other obvious ones) as reps. Loved it when she said my vintage 1675 was obviously such a bad fake.

Petty, but fun :)

This is a great idea!! Some people love to take the moral high ground and talk down upon reps but most of the time they couldn't tell the difference between a fake and authentic :/

Sealdoggy

My friends always offer me $50 for my waches ...lol

black263

You don't have enough time to read them all. If you put into the search box what do you say if someone asks you get 3600 references.

GenTLe

I don't know... Never happened that someone was so nosy to ask such a question.

One guy, that I happened to meet at work-related dinners, once saw me with a Pam (and made me a compliment about it), another time with a Yachtmaster rolesium and the 3rd time with a PP Nautilus, just told me "Why are you here? You probably just work to have something to fill your days..." :D

So I told him they were rep. And he was astonished by their quality :D

LightGeek

Columbia House.

Left Coast Guy

giphy.gif