Sign in to follow this  
guami007

DSSD Glide Lock bracelet

guami007

I rec'd my Ult. DSSD about a week ago but had not actually worn it out-n-about until today. I noticed right away that after adjusting the bracelet via the glide lock ratcheting system, the bracelet un-ratchets quite easily which essentially expands the bracelet to the point where the watch is at risk of falling off of the wrist. I did a search and did not find anything to point me in the direction of there being some kind of fix or adjustment for this OR anything indicating that if the fact that this is happening it means that the glide lock mechanism is not locking and it needs to be replaced. I would hate to have to send the watch back when there is an easy fix? Heck, I don't want to have to send the watch back period! As previously mentioned, I have just worn the watch today for the first time. I have been wearing my BK sub that I received at the same time since last week. There does not appear to be anything bent or missing. Simply it appears that the ratcheting component of the bracelet is not ratcheting tightly enough to hold bracelet in a comfortably sized position.

Would really appreciate some feedback on this.

Thanks in advance.

Ska

Hey guami

Sorry to hear that! I know its a pain but could you take some pics of the inside of the glidelock so we can see it?

The best way would be to use the macro (flower) symbol on your camera if you have one which should allow you to take close-ups in detail.

Looking forward to attempting to help you!

Ska :thumbsup2:

guami007
Hey guami

Sorry to hear that! I know its a pain but could you take some pics of the inside of the glidelock so we can see it?

The best way would be to use the macro (flower) symbol on your camera if you have one which should allow you to take close-ups in detail.

Looking forward to attempting to help you!

Ska :thumbsup2:

Thank you for offering to take a look and assist. Here are some pictures of the GL mechanism. The last image shows some arrows of what appears to be the issue. That is, that the teeth that catch on the glide lock hinge are not sufficiently catching and therefore the slighest wrist movement un-rathchets the mechanism. I'm hoping there is an adjustment that can be made to this.

DSCF4589.jpg

DSCF4592.jpg

DSCF4588.jpg

DSCF4594.jpg

DSCF4591.jpg

DSCF4590.jpg

Cynikal.Mindset

does it catch anywhere firmly?

guami007
does it catch anywhere firmly?

If you take a look at the first image, it seems that there is just enough play up/down on that inside clasp that mov't of the wrist causes the lock piece to allow it to un-ratchet. It does this little by little. It does not catch firmly enough to hold the ratcheting portion in place. Not sure if I am articulating that well enough. I suppose that I could remove two extra links from the bracelet and extend the bracelet all the way out and problem solved but that defeats the purpose of the GL system...not too mention that that part of the bracet will then look a little off in terms of the uniformity of the exposed links.

MikeMcNair

i had the SAME ISSUE!!!!!!!!!! it drove me nuts. every time i turned my wrist funny it just loosened itself.

the fix: remove divers clasp, an add back in the links you took out to size it. i have no idea why, but it worked like a charm.

also, a small squeeze on the clasp will hold things better.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...;hl=calling+all

jcglobal

I had same problem. Make sure you push in the ratcheting portion of the clasp very firmly. Also try to flatten the ratcheting portion slightly so it engages better.

i had the SAME ISSUE!!!!!!!!!! it drove me nuts. every time i turned my wrist funny it just loosened itself.

the fix: remove divers clasp, an add back in the links you took out to size it. i have no idea why, but it worked like a charm.

also, a small squeeze on the clasp will hold things better.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...;hl=calling+all